Redskins re-sign NT Chris Baker

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:05 pm

Good. I liked what we saw from the young man last year.

http://www.csnwashington.com/football-w ... hris-baker

Chris Baker signed his restricted free agent tender at Redskins Park on Wednesday afternoon, the reserve nose tackle confirmed via Twitter.

The one-year deal is worth a little more than $1.3 million and it means the Redskins have agreed to terms with five of their six restricted free agents. (Darrel Young, Rob Jackson, Logan Paulsen and Nick Sundberg had previously agreed to deals; only Brandon Banks was not re-signed.)

Baker spent last season backing up Barry Cofield. The 25-year-old appeared in a career-high 14 games and registered 15 tackles and a pass defended in 2012. He’s expected to battle Ron Brace and Chris Neild in training camp to retain the backup role next season.

Along with a picture of him smiling as he signed the contract, Baker posted the following message on Twitter: “Thank you Lord for continuing to bless me and allowing me to live our my dream its official.”
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:22 pm

Good player at a reasonable cost.

He will get better. I like it too. :up:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:52 am

The NT position makes/breaks this defense. I'm glad that they have someone they want at the backup position. That being said, we need to start looking for the next starter at that position via the draft. A true NT will propel this defense further than any other position individually can.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:01 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:The NT position makes/breaks this defense. I'm glad that they have someone they want at the backup position. That being said, we need to start looking for the next starter at that position via the draft. A true NT will propel this defense further than any other position individually can.

I hear Albert Haynesworth is available... :twisted:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:34 am

Countertrey wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:The NT position makes/breaks this defense. I'm glad that they have someone they want at the backup position. That being said, we need to start looking for the next starter at that position via the draft. A true NT will propel this defense further than any other position individually can.

I hear Albert Haynesworth is available... :twisted:

Just have DarthMonk tell you what Huff thinks of that.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football