Pre-Draft NFL Lineup Rankings

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby riggofan » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:48 pm

Seahawks are a good team, but I would probably rank the 49ers at #1 myself. I don't have a big argument against that top ten list though. You know two or three teams in that list will end up disappointing.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:59 am

Here's why the 49ers should be looked at as being in a better place than the Seahawks

Niners in tremendous position

The San Francisco 49ers are really in the driver's seat with the draft coming up. They have a Super Bowl team practically returning intact. They have a terrific young QB whom they don't even have to negotiate with for another year, and they just traded for Colt McCoy to be the young backup QB.

Granted, they lost S Dashon Goldson and TE Delanie Walker, among others, but I was told they weren't going to keep Goldson anyway. In the meantime, they acquired Anquan Boldin, Glenn Dorsey and Craig Dahl to fortify an already solid roster. Now comes the real power brokers, if they want to build even a better team and have plenty of good picks for the future.

The 49ers have 13 draft picks and have the ability to move up in any round given the firepower they have with four picks in the top 93. They can sell some of the 13 picks, because 13 rookies couldn't make a team like this in 2013. Strategically, trading three or four of these picks usually means a pick back in 2014 a round higher than traded. For example, the Niners could trade pick No. 74 (the 10th pick in the third round) for a second-round pick in 2014.

The perfect plan for the 49ers would be to move up twice in the draft for targeted players using four picks to get two players, select five more players with picks they already have, and trade away four picks for future selections in 2014. The Niners would come out of the 2013 draft with at least two starters, fortified special teams, quality backups and should go in the 2014 draft with at least 12 picks -- five in the top 100. That's how dynasties are built.

I see the Redskins getting into this 'position' soon as well - you have to have a QB - then you begin to 'acquire' draft picks
The Redskins need to have a plan for how to put a product on the field that will be consistently competitive and they need to stick with that plan - it's taken years to become as bad as we are and it will be years getting out of it

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:19 pm

There is no way the Ravens will be anything like they were this past season.
They lost virtually every starter except a few. They also lost the Ravens all time leader in Ray Lewis. Not to mention the other leader in Ed Reed.
I even think the Ravens will miss the playoffs this year.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:34 pm

HEROHAMO wrote:There is no way the Ravens will be anything like they were this past season.
They lost virtually every starter except a few. They also lost the Ravens all time leader in Ray Lewis. Not to mention the other leader in Ed Reed.
I even think the Ravens will miss the playoffs this year.

And you know, that's amazing... That most people only expect them to miss the playoffs for a year, two at most... That's the epitome of consistency in this league. We're on our way to that. I think we're 2 years away from a similiar situation.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football