Any and All News About RG3's Knee - Merged

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:48 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:Well, I hope that he continues to stay on track and doesn't do anything until he is 110%.

folks... you realize that he can't get to 80% unless he is doing things that risk injury, don't you? Every time he runs in a straight line, he risks landing wrong, and twisting his knee...

RG3 gotta be RG3, folks... There is risk with that.

RGIII being RGIII is why he's in the position he's in now... He needs to take this thing slow and do it right. That's all I'm saying.

Got it... just don't be surprised if he feels he's ready a lot sooner than you are comfortable with. He is RG3, after all. He's not like the rest of us mortals.

I'm betting on Bob.

For the record... I'm going to be wincing right along with you.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:54 pm

FTR... text from RG3 to Trey Wingo...
“My knee is getting better every day. The doctors say I'm ahead of schedule. My goal is to return healthy in week one but if I'm not ready then I will wait until I am, however long that is. My first NFL season and my injury that ended it showed me a lot about the league, my team and myself. I know where my responsibility is within the dilemma that led to me having surgery to repair my knee and all parties involved know their responsibilities as well. I’m looking forward to playing the game we all love so much again and not behind at the negative. Thanks for the overwhelming level of support that I've received, sic ‘em bears and hail to the redskins!!”

Reassuring! :up:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:43 pm

Countertrey wrote:FTR... text from RG3 to Trey Wingo...
“My knee is getting better every day. The doctors say I'm ahead of schedule. My goal is to return healthy in week one but if I'm not ready then I will wait until I am, however long that is. My first NFL season and my injury that ended it showed me a lot about the league, my team and myself. I know where my responsibility is within the dilemma that led to me having surgery to repair my knee and all parties involved know their responsibilities as well. I’m looking forward to playing the game we all love so much again and not behind at the negative. Thanks for the overwhelming level of support that I've received, sic ‘em bears and hail to the redskins!!”

Reassuring! :up:

VERY - I agree that in order to get ready to play at the level we need him to be, he has to put himself in 'danger' of making a mis step ...

I just hope that he's truly learned his lesson from all this

the kid is an exceptional athlete - he just needs to get himself ready and be very honest with himself - Mike will be very, very careful about EVERYTHING that he says and does

FTR - today is 11 weeks :D
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:17 pm

I might be in the minority here, but I think he matured just in his first season tremendously. After the concussion he didn't take as much sacrificial hits, BUT he had a bigger target on his back. The freak hit that injured his (poorly reconstructed?)knee to begin with, was just that: a freak hit. Far from the normal realm of hits he may take or avoid. It's a fine line from being smart, and being timid. He needs to be smart AND fearless with his style, and I think he will improve on when to floor it and when to slide/ go ob.
I'm as nervous as the next guy, but I know how tough he is... To think- he's just more motivated then he already was this off-season. We saw rgiii rookie form this season, version 2.0 with a chip on his shoulder is kinda scary for the opposition! :twisted:
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:18 am

SkinsJock wrote:PLUS

He's going to be playing for a HC that will not let him do what he tried to get away with last season - NOT EVEN CLOSE

I'd hope the following is also true: He (Shanny) is going to be working for an owner that will not let him do what he tried to get away with last season - NOT EVEN CLOSE.

RGIII wrote:I know where my responsibility is within the dilemma that led to me having surgery to repair my knee and all parties involved know their responsibilities as well.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when RGIII and Shanny have one-on-one conversations. I wonder if they even happen.

As important as his physical health is, the mental aspect of all involved will be at least as important. I enjoyed those weeks when the rest of the league's fans were jealous of us. I want to feel that again.

What I'd really like to see is quantitative info like how thick the donor tendon was right after surgery and how thick it is now, etc. I wonder how long it takes for all that kind of stuff to get back to normal.

Fingers remain crossed. Get well, dude. We've waited so long for a guy like you.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:34 am

Mike is in charge of EVERYTHING to do with the players and coaches - RG3 has learned his lesson and he will ONLY play when Mike feels he's ready

RG3 'reports' to Mike and Mike does NOT report to anyone - he might want to 'share' some 'information' to Dan but it's not because he has to

RG3 will not 'convince' Mike of anything - Mike will decide when and what Super Bob does as QB from now on - as it should be

plus he's a control freak - he's not risking his QB for anything
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:41 am

I am very sure that there is a lot of communication between Mike, Kyle and RG3 - at the appropriate time - I'm sure RG3 is incredibly respectful of his HC's power and knowledge - that's how he lives

I doubt that we'll ever hear anything substantive about 'the knee' or the operation from Mike - I would expect him to be just like his buddy Belicheat - lying about anything he feels will give him an edge

HAIL

Currently 50-41

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:57 am

SkinsJock wrote:... he's not risking his QB for anything

History says otherwise. Let's hope he's changed.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:23 pm

RG3 is NOT going to try and do to much on the field and he WILL NOT put himself at risk like he did
AND
RG3 WILL be completely honest with his HC this season

AND Mike is not going to have to worry about his QB putting himself at risk or mis-leading everyone about his health

both of these guys have moved on and both have learned a lot from what happened

that is history and is not happening again

besides that I think that Mike, Kyle and RG3 are going to come up with a different version of the offense than last season - they will utilize RG3's considerable talents better :D
Last edited by SkinsJock on Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Hog

Postby ACW » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:37 pm

DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:05 pm

Tomorrow is 12 weeks after the operation

does anyone have any doubt that RG3 will be playing as well if not better than last season

from everything we are hearing his rehab is progressing very well

I'm not sure when exactly he will be playing but I'm VERY confident he will be faster than he was - and he will better prepared to lead and help this team win games than he was

HAIL

Currently 50-41

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:54 pm

In an exclusive sit down interview on Redskins Nation, quarterback Robert Griffin discussed his ongoing recovery from major knee surgery and attempted to squelch any controversy about who’s to blame for the injury.

“You always want people holding you back,” Griffin told host Larry Michael on Wednesday’s program, referring to the team’s medical staff needing to limit how hard he pushes himself during rehab sessions. “You don’t ever want to have people pushing you forward.”

Although Griffin did not specifically address where he is in the rehabilitation process, he confirmed recent reports from surgeon James Andrews and Coach Mike Shanahan that his recovery is progressing well and that he’s well ahead of schedule.

“That’s what they’re doing right now; they’re holding me back from doing certain things because I feel like I’m ready, my body might feel like it’s ready, but according to the timetable, I’m not ready,” he said.

Griffin had the ACL, LCL and meniscus in his right knee repaired by Andrews on Jan. 9.

Griffin was also asked about the controversy stemming from a text he sent to ESPN’s Trey Wingo last month. In the message, Griffin wrote, in part, “I know where my responsibility is within the dilemma that led to me having surgery to repair my knee and all parties involved know their responsibilities as well.”

That was taken by some in the media as a veiled shot at Redskins management for its handling of the events leading up to the injury.

Griffin would only say that he’s eager to move on.

“You try to avoid controversy as much as you can, while at the same time, making sure people understand that, everyone understands what happened in this organization, when it comes to owner, GM, head coach, myself and offensive coordinator,” Griffin said. “We all understand what happened …in the Seattle Seahawks game that led to my knee surgery. At the end of the day, what anybody wants to say about who’s to blame, whose responsibility it is. It doesn’t really matter who’s responsibility it is. It doesn’t really matter who’s to blame because I’m the one who has to go through the struggle that is a knee surgery, and rehab to get back. The people who are also going through that with me are the owner, the GM, the head coach, the offensive coordinator, the organization, the fans. Everyone goes through that with me.”

Griffin added: “At the end of the day, you just want people to know that, look, just pray for me. Forget about that game. It’s in the past. We’re moving forward. And just know that, I need those prayers, I need that help to help me get through this. Rather than people coming to me trying to start a controversy over ‘he said, she said’ or who’s to blame.”

http://www.csnwashington.com/football-w ... ning-blame
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sun May 19, 2013 8:33 am

Robert Griffin III's (ACL, LCL surgery) father says his son has been throwing footballs since April and insists RG3's recovery remains "on cue."

"Robert is doing extremely well as far as the timetable," said RG2. "He's been doing a lot overtime, he never stops. He was throwing some prior to the draft. Everything seems to be on cue. Everybody in the organization is targeting that season opener." RG3 tore his right ACL at Baylor four years ago. "He might be a little ahead of himself in terms of doing what he did then compared to now," RG2 said. "He's smarter, stronger, wiser."

Source: USA Today May 17 - 3:58 PM

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun May 19, 2013 5:46 pm

as most of you know - I'm a little over the top about our QB ...

I wish that RG3 and anyone 'close' that has 'real' information on how the rehabilitation is going (family or coaches AND doctors) would just keep the information to themselves

RG3 is going to be as effective athletically and has a whole year's experience behind him - He WILL MOST LIKELY be our starting QB in week 1 ...

STFU ...... PLEASE

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Sun May 19, 2013 5:56 pm

SkinsJock wrote:as most of you know - I'm a little over the top about our QB ...

I wish that RG3 and anyone 'close' that has 'real' information on how the rehabilitation is going (family or coaches AND doctors) would just keep the information to themselves

RG3 is going to be as effective athletically and has a whole year's experience behind him - He WILL MOST LIKELY be our starting QB in week 1 ...

STFU ...... PLEASE

I'm all about your optimism SJ. Plus just think of all the folks you can say "I told you so" to once the season starts :D

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football