Any and All News About RG3's Knee - Merged

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
#######

Postby The Hogster » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:15 am

On NFL AM, Fred Davis talked about he and RGIII rehab together at Redskins Park and that Robert "does all the drills and looks normal." He said he doesn't even look like he had surgery.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:43 am

The Hogster wrote:On NFL AM, Fred Davis talked about he and RGIII rehab together at Redskins Park and that Robert "does all the drills and looks normal." He said he doesn't even look like he had surgery.

That's awesome news on many levels. However, I REALLY hope that there are at least 10 other sets of eyes not belonging to Fred Davis watching our Franchise go through drills and rehab (I'm sure there are [-o< ).

For what its worth, I also like that Fred sounds so amazed/encouraged about RGIII because I still think that will be a large factor in his deciding to sign here.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:10 am

emoses14 wrote:
The Hogster wrote:On NFL AM, Fred Davis talked about he and RGIII rehab together at Redskins Park and that Robert "does all the drills and looks normal."
He said he doesn't even look like he had surgery.

I REALLY hope that there are at least 10 other sets of eyes not belonging to Fred Davis watching our Franchise go through drills and rehab ...

after what happened .. i'm sure that everyone from Mike down ... and I mean everybody, is keeping close tabs on everything to do with RG3
RG3 is not getting the benefit of the doubt about how he 'says' he feels ..OR how he 'feels' his rehab is progressing ... :lol:
that boy is on a VERY short leash during this whole deal

I imagine he's going to get a lot of work soon on the various forms of sliding until he perfects it - just like everything else he does :lol:
For what its worth, I also like that Fred sounds so amazed/encouraged about RGIII because I still think that will be a large factor in his deciding to sign here.

Fred's best choice financially is to sign a 1 year deal and make sure that he get's a great deal next time up - IMHO of course :wink:
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive in 2016
we'll win some games but it will take years to be good again

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:28 pm

The Hogster wrote:On NFL AM, Fred Davis talked about he and RGIII rehab together at Redskins Park and that Robert "does all the drills and looks normal." He said he doesn't even look like he had surgery.

=P~

[-o<

The man is an incredibly hard worker. Over time, he's going to prove the doubters wrong, because he's just going to outwork everyone else.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:02 am

Irn-Bru wrote:
The man is an incredibly hard worker. Over time, he's going to prove the doubters wrong, because he's just going to outwork everyone else.

I will admit that trait is part of the reason that I think that RG3 will find a way to be as good as he can be - the kid is an unusually gifted athlete with incredible desire and drive

I also think that he's very smart and will be playing with a lot better understanding of what is better for both himself and the team

PLUS

He's going to be playing for a HC that will not let him do what he tried to get away with last season - NOT EVEN CLOSE
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive in 2016

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:58 am

Thanks for the news my brother!! Very exciting to hear this!!

cappster

Postby Cappster » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:32 pm

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -recovery/

Dr. Andrews is now calling RGIII "Superhuman."
Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 280x, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:06 pm

Cappster wrote:http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/23/andrews-calls-rg3-superhuman-in-his-acl-recovery/

we all know this ... but it's still nice to hear :wink: and one has to consider that Dr Andrews was on the sideline in that last game :shock:

it would not surprise me if RG3 is trying to get Dr Andrews to 'change' Mike's mind about giving RG3 some playing time before Mike is ready to let that happen :wink:

AND

It does not matter AT ALL what Dr Andrews thinks about this part - he's done his job and now it's up to RG3

and

FINALLY it will be Mike's decision when RG3 can play

RG3 may be ready for week 1 but he will have to be in incredible shape for Mike to allow him to play - he's not making that mistake again :lol:

HOWEVER - this kid has amazing determination and nothing would surprise me :D

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:16 pm

Cappster wrote:http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/23/andrews-calls-rg3-superhuman-in-his-acl-recovery/

What in the blue hell is wrong with Mike Florio? After reading the article, shouldn't it have instead been entitled "I decree that anything positive about RGIII from Dr. Andrews is a lie and he's not as good a surgeon as we think he is"?
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:53 pm

Just saw the video of the Dr. Andrews interview, and he is going into detail on how guys like RGIII, Adrian Peterson and Bo Jackson are not normal. He echos what Fred Davis is suggesting, that RGIII is a freak whose doing things like he is healthy. I think that is a positive whether he starts Week 1 or not. We want to hear that he's healing quickly regardless. Even if we allow him more time, this is great news.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:53 pm

HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:

Thanks for the news my brother!! Very exciting to hear this!!

Wait till you see the Dr. Andrews interview.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:41 pm

Was there ever a doubt?! Ha ha Luck would still be on crutches at this point! Lmao maybe not but RGiii is a different breed, no doubt!
A stronger base (legs) is just going to make him that much more dangerous. The floor was high enough, but the ceiling is just mind boggling. He hasn't even fully matured as far as human growth is concerned. People are surprised by what he's done, but people like us are more like... Just wait, it gets betta! Suckas gonna be hatin on da skins for years to come as he develops into the new breed of elite qb.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:11 am

Well, I hope that he continues to stay on track and doesn't do anything until he is 110%.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:35 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:Well, I hope that he continues to stay on track and doesn't do anything until he is 110%.

folks... you realize that he can't get to 80% unless he is doing things that risk injury, don't you? Every time he runs in a straight line, he risks landing wrong, and twisting his knee...

RG3 gotta be RG3, folks... There is risk with that.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:01 pm

Countertrey wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:Well, I hope that he continues to stay on track and doesn't do anything until he is 110%.

folks... you realize that he can't get to 80% unless he is doing things that risk injury, don't you? Every time he runs in a straight line, he risks landing wrong, and twisting his knee...

RG3 gotta be RG3, folks... There is risk with that.

RGIII being RGIII is why he's in the position he's in now... He needs to take this thing slow and do it right. That's all I'm saying.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football