Jackson suspended...wtf

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Postby skinsfan#33 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:04 pm

We certainly have had more than our fair share of drug suspensions over the past couple of years! I can't remember another 2 year period where we have had this many drug failures, including when Dexter was here.

I think we have had as many in this past two years as the previous 20 years combined. I know that probably isn't accurate but it sure freals that easy.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:19 pm

there are drugs and there are drugs ... :lol:

I think this is the 'other' kind - :wink:
Robert Griffin needs to step it up and play QB - he's got the talent he needs to make it happen

RGIII - week 1 - it wasn't bad, it just wasn't great - growing pains is all

HAIL

week 1 = 8-8

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:40 pm

SkinsJock wrote:there are drugs and there are drugs ... :lol:

I think this is the 'other' kind - :wink:

Seems like a mistake that had good intentions. Then again, I don't know if it was a regular therapeutic dosage or a "gettin high" dosage.

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:24 am

It was apparently an unprescribed pain medication and the team and Jackson both knew about it before the contract was signed.

http://p.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/mar/20/redskins-rob-jackson-suspended-4-games-nfl/
Suck and Luck

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:17 am

The fact is he had a root canal last year and prior to it he took Tylenol w/ Codeine. Then was called for a drug test. BANG BUSTED.....The fact is he didn't screw the team, some of these banned substances are so stupid. But then again this league has GUMPS like Goodell and Mara at the top dictating policy, I wonder with all the mass shootings why some fool hasn't shot them both.....They are 2 that surely need to take a dirt nap in my book...........SERIOUSLY...

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:44 am

DaSkinz Baby wrote:The fact is he had a root canal last year and prior to it he took Tylenol w/ Codeine. Then was called for a drug test. BANG BUSTED.....The fact is he didn't screw the team, some of these banned substances are so stupid. But then again this league has GUMPS like Goodell and Mara at the top dictating policy, I wonder with all the mass shootings why some fool hasn't shot them both.....They are 2 that surely need to take a dirt nap in my book...........SERIOUSLY...

:shock: WOW - well that's certainly 'helpful' :shock:
Robert Griffin needs to step it up and play QB - he's got the talent he needs to make it happen

HAIL

week 1 = 8-8

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:47 am

DaSkinz Baby wrote:league has GUMPS like Goodell and Mara at the top dictating policy, I wonder with all the mass shootings why some fool hasn't shot them both.....They are 2 that surely need to take a dirt nap in my book...........SERIOUSLY...

IT. IS. A. GAME.

That we don't play, don't get paid for and don't have family members (most of us anyway) involved in. I didn't see a "/sarcasm" or joking smiley because I assume you were in a rush when you wrote this.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:14 am

emoses14 wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:league has GUMPS like Goodell and Mara at the top dictating policy, I wonder with all the mass shootings why some fool hasn't shot them both.....They are 2 that surely need to take a dirt nap in my book...........SERIOUSLY...

IT. IS. A. GAME.

That we don't play, don't get paid for and don't have family members (most of us anyway) involved in. I didn't see a "/sarcasm" or joking smiley because I assume you were in a rush when you wrote this.

I was joking don't wish death on anyone.....But a good old fashion curb stomp isn't out the question..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Postby yupchagee » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:31 am

DaSkinz Baby wrote:The fact is he had a root canal last year and prior to it he took Tylenol w/ Codeine. Then was called for a drug test. BANG BUSTED.....The fact is he didn't screw the team, some of these banned substances are so stupid. But then again this league has GUMPS like Goodell and Mara at the top dictating policy, I wonder with all the mass shootings why some fool hasn't shot them both.....They are 2 that surely need to take a dirt nap in my book...........SERIOUSLY...

Somebody did. Hit them both in their heads. Nobody noticed anything different about them.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:55 am

^^ you have to know that when a man only has a single cell for a brain - it's not easy to take it out with a single shot .... :lol:

HAIL

week 1 = 8-8

piglet

Postby Bee_Skins_Fan » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:40 am

DaSkinz Baby wrote:The fact is he had a root canal last year and prior to it he took Tylenol w/ Codeine. Then was called for a drug test. BANG BUSTED.....The fact is he didn't screw the team, some of these banned substances are so stupid....

Feel free to edit/delete the offensive and insensitive portion of your Post, as I did.

I cannot believe that the situation is simply because he took a coated Tylenol. That's why they have appeal processes,etc.

And these guys all know what is at stake, so let's not give anybody a free pass.

My son is competes in college and he goes to a website to check which products are banned and when he has a question, he asks someone and gets a response back fairly quickly.

As a college student devoted to his sport, he doesn't take it until he hears back an official response.

A quick call to the team doctor or coach would've solved this issue.

If this doesn't get over turned, then my head tells me there's more to the story then taking one pill on the wrong day.

It just doesn't add up right to me.

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:54 am

Dear Sir,

Please let me know if I ever offend you that I may quickly repent of my ways.

-Your humble servant.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:16 pm

I presume the player and the Redskins are appealing?

still boggles the mind that so many of these guys do not understand that it doesn't matter - when you're considering drugs, you have to check with the team OR the NFL

it's NOT the NFL's fault that players take medicine that is NOT allowed - the players know better and are only confirming their stupidity by getting 'caught'

HAIL

week 1 = 8-8

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:08 pm

Bee_Skins_Fan wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:The fact is he had a root canal last year and prior to it he took Tylenol w/ Codeine. Then was called for a drug test. BANG BUSTED.....The fact is he didn't screw the team, some of these banned substances are so stupid....

Feel free to edit/delete the offensive and insensitive portion of your Post, as I did.

I cannot believe that the situation is simply because he took a coated Tylenol. That's why they have appeal processes,etc.

And these guys all know what is at stake, so let's not give anybody a free pass.

My son is competes in college and he goes to a website to check which products are banned and when he has a question, he asks someone and gets a response back fairly quickly.

As a college student devoted to his sport, he doesn't take it until he hears back an official response.

If this doesn't get over turned, then my head tells me there's more to the story then taking one pill on the wrong day.

ummm... NOT "coated" Tylenol... Tylenol with CODIENE... a scheduled NARCOTIC.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

piglet

Postby Bee_Skins_Fan » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Countertrey wrote:
Bee_Skins_Fan wrote:

ummm... NOT "coated" Tylenol... Tylenol with CODIENE... a scheduled NARCOTIC.

yeah, I have some, so I'm familiar with them. Guess I should have put "coated" in quotes. They also come in a very different bottle- just adding to my point that this seems a little odd that he wouldn't have gotten this cleared, especially with all the other failures the 'skins have seen in the past few years.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football