CB EJ Biggers signs with Skins

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
piglet

Postby rg3togarcon » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:57 pm

That's what I was thinking too Hogster. The draft is deep with secondary players. Pretty much that's all we're lacking. I like the 2 corners from MS State. One is big and covers really well and the other put up the fastest 40 time by a DB at the Combine. Honey Badger would be a huge upgrade for the nickel spot and to add to our return game. Bc no offense to Banks, but he sucked it up this past year. Crawford did much better the last couple of games.

Also, I like the Safety from LSU...Reid I believe? He's a beast and he would be a good fill in or backup for Jackson, just in case for some reason our bad luck continues and he's not reinstated. Defense just needs to be our primary focus. If only we had some money to sign some people it would be great.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:27 pm

rg3togarcon wrote:Honey Badger would be a huge upgrade for the nickel spot and to add to our return game.

Also, I like the Safety from LSU...Reid I believe? He's a beast and he would be a good fill in or backup for Jackson, just in case for some reason our bad luck continues and he's not reinstated. Defense just needs to be our primary focus. If only we had some money to sign some people it would be great.

+1
SPIT HAPPENS!!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:30 am

The Hogster wrote:But, I think the team will likely move in another, less expensive direction.

Younger and faster, too.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:58 am

The Hogster wrote:
rg3togarcon wrote:Does anyone think we'll bring Hall back now or another veteran? Or are we gonna turn to the draft?

I think it's possible, but probably a long shot. This year's draft has back end guys that should be there in rounds 2-4. Maybe if he's still unsigned well beyond the draft, and his value has gone way down. But, I think the team will likely move in another, less expensive direction.

I agree - it seems pretty obvious that we're forced into making some great choices in the draft ... PLUS 'making deals' for free agents

if there's one good thing about our current 'situation', it's that this franchise is a place where players are a lot more interested in playing - we have RG3 and we're NFC East champs
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:36 am

The Hogster wrote:Biggers was a Top 20 corner per Pro Football Focus. Ran a 4.32 forty at his Pro Day. Maybe he can develop into a solid CB. He's only 25.

Well then he definitely fits the FO's preferred free agent mold, young and on the rise, but nowhere near proven.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:34 am

emoses14 wrote:
The Hogster wrote:Biggers was a Top 20 corner per Pro Football Focus. Ran a 4.32 forty at his Pro Day. Maybe he can develop into a solid CB. He's only 25.

Well then he definitely fits the FO's preferred free agent mold, young and on the rise, but nowhere near proven.

right on - have to give them credit though, the FO and scouts have done well considering ...

difficult times but ... we're still going to see a product on the field we can have a lot pride in ...

there's going to be a lot of fast young players, fighting for roster spots here ... many of them will be relatively unknown :roll:

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:41 am

rg3togarcon wrote:That's what I was thinking too Hogster. The draft is deep with secondary players. Pretty much that's all we're lacking. I like the 2 corners from MS State. One is big and covers really well and the other put up the fastest 40 time by a DB at the Combine. Honey Badger would be a huge upgrade for the nickel spot and to add to our return game. Bc no offense to Banks, but he sucked it up this past year. Crawford did much better the last couple of games.

Eric Reid's biggest problem is fixable with coaching. Namely, that he had a tendency to disappear during games and that he sometimes has issues with angles. His talent isn't really in question for me, but his (heart is the wrong word) competitiveness or maybe better to say, focus and attention to detail. In many games I'd just wonder what in the hell he was doing. Again, I think that's easy to correct and if that kid ever develops a mean streak, we'd be amazed at the player he becomes.

In fact, let's make sure he rooms with a d-lineman (i'm thinking Bowen or coffield) or Fletcher during training camp, if we draft him. Somebody whose just a nasty dude. Hell if Trent might be ideal.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

+++++++++

Postby Skinsfan55 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:57 am

I like this signing. With the cap situation the Redskins need to be creative. They have to take on a bunch of broken players and try to catch lightning in a bottle. E.J. Biggers fits the mold. He's got the size, the physical skills... now they just need to teach him the game. Help him learn ball skills.

We're going to have to fill the cracks in this roster with Spackle. The Skins are going to be forced to sign one dimensional players and aging vets at the minimum salary in order to build a team. So far, so good.
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

piglet

Postby rg3togarcon » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:52 am

Emoses, I agree with you on Reid. I watched him so many times this year make boneheaded plays that caused big penalties or blown assignments. And we don't need another player like that. We lost a couple games this year bc of foolish acts. We just need to add more depth and I'll be even more confident going into the season. We won the East with half our team last year, I believe we've already gotten better in some areas. We just need help in the secondary. Someone who will make big plays for us. We need a guy like Charles Tillman, who causes so many turnovers. Hint hint...Honey Badger!!
Gone but not forgotten #21...forever in our hearts Sean Taylor

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:44 am

Yeah I thought D. Hall kind of got the polite brush off from us. "Its not you D. Hall. Its us..." Didn't seem to be a lot of struggling to keep him around.

I'm sure some of you have made this point already, but I expect a lot of improvement from the secondary just by virtue of getting some of those injured d-line guys back.

DarthMonk

Re: CB EJ Biggers signs with Skins

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:59 pm

E.J. Biggers - DB - Redskins

ESPN.com's John Keim reports the Redskins remain interested in re-signing free agent CB E.J. Biggers.

The Redskins are looking to add cornerback depth and will likely bring back Biggers on a one-year deal. Biggers, 26, appeared in all 16 games (five starts) last season and is also capable of filling in at safety.

Source: ESPN.com Mar 22 - 5:15 PM
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

08 Champ

Re:

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:52 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
emoses14 wrote:

hopefully - have to give them credit though, the FO and scouts have done well considering ...

difficult times ... but we're still going to see a product on the field we can have a lot pride in ...

there's going to be a lot of fast young players, fighting for roster spots here ... many of them will be relatively unknown

:shock: ... are you kidding me - what a stupid post this was by me

and

it was only a year ago ..... :puke:

DarthMonk

Re: CB EJ Biggers signs with Skins

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:15 pm

E.J. Biggers - DB - Redskins

Redskins re-signed DB E.J. Biggers to a one-year contract.

After whiffing on just about every one of their secondary targets in free agency, the Redskins need to add bodies. Biggers appeared in all 16 games for Washington last season, mostly as a sub-package coverage safety and fourth corner. And like the rest of his teammates, he struggled badly as the secondary ranked 20th in the league while giving up the 21st-most passing touchdowns. The Redskins must get secondary help in May's draft.

Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com Mar 27 - 11:12 AM
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football