Tyler Polumbus signs 2 year deal to Stay in DC

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:57 am

capitaldefense wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:especially with that knee......

His knee isn't the issue, neither is his ability to become more of a pocket passer. His issue is common sense. For as mature as he is, he still has some areas in which he is deficicent. I hope that his maturity in other areas allows him to realize the issue and improve.

He tries to hard to make everyplay a positive one, that works in college not in the NFL. I think the injury will help him realize the difference between a throw away vs a 2 yard gain and a huge hit. He is the franchise and he can't be that if he is injured. At least I hope he has learned.....

Hopefully maturity will have kicked in, like my mother used to say, it's alright to be a fool just don't be a damn fool....

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:35 pm

Of course, he also said he had learned his lesson after the concussion against ATL.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:54 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote: .... I have a funny feeling that RG3 is going to try to do too much too soon.
All the talk of him being injury prone and Shanny ruining him...

I hope he understands and will be a better pocket passer but his desire to succeed maybe a bad thing, especially with that knee......

why do you come across so negative - I don't agree with your 'funny feeling' - RG3 is not in charge - he's driven and very competitive, but he's also aware that his job is to be QB and take orders from Mike

RG3 is not going to be 'allowed' to get away with his personal desires to do everything it takes to make the team better

Mike will not allow him back on the field until he (Mike) knows that he's fully fit and healed

Mike will not allow RG3 to get away with anything like he did towards the end of last season

all the talk of him being injury prone and Shanny ruining him

where did you hear this? can you provide a decent source?
this is just media BS IMO

RG3 will show that he's learned to take better care of himself and not put his body at risk like he did
ALSO .. I think we're going to see an improvement on the read option offense to take advantage of RG3's speed and his incredible passing ability
PLUS .. the experience he gained from helping the Redskins win the NFC East last season
We are very fortunate to have Kirk Cousins but Griffin has a huge upside IMO

Robert needs to continue to get better and to do that he needs time on the field - hopefully sooner than later

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:05 pm

Hooligan wrote:So much hate for this guy! I thought he held down the RT position pretty well. There are better football minds than mine on this board, so maybe you're seeing things differently, but I don't think RT is as glaring of a weakness as some seem to believe. A full offseason of work as a unit will be an improvement as well.

Safety, cb, mlb are all bigger needs, imho.

I believe he only drew two flags all year. Sorry no source.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:11 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
Hooligan wrote:So much hate for this guy! I thought he held down the RT position pretty well. There are better football minds than mine on this board, so maybe you're seeing things differently, but I don't think RT is as glaring of a weakness as some seem to believe. A full offseason of work as a unit will be an improvement as well.

I believe he only drew two flags all year. Sorry no source.

we've got some decent players competing to start at RT - while the depth is OK, I wonder if the FO thinks the starting RT is on this roster yet

Robert needs to continue to get better and to do that he needs time on the field - hopefully sooner than later

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:38 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote: .... I have a funny feeling that RG3 is going to try to do too much too soon.
All the talk of him being injury prone and Shanny ruining him...

I hope he understands and will be a better pocket passer but his desire to succeed maybe a bad thing, especially with that knee......

why do you come across so negative - I don't agree with your 'funny feeling' - RG3 is not in charge - he's driven and very competitive, but he's also aware that his job is to be QB and take orders from Mike

RG3 is not going to be 'allowed' to get away with his personal desires to do everything it takes to make the team better

Mike will not allow him back on the field until he (Mike) knows that he's fully fit and healed

Mike will not allow RG3 to get away with anything like he did towards the end of last season

all the talk of him being injury prone and Shanny ruining him

where did you hear this? can you provide a decent source?
this is just media BS IMO

RG3 will show that he's learned to take better care of himself and not put his body at risk like he did
ALSO .. I think we're going to see an improvement on the read option offense to take advantage of RG3's speed and his incredible passing ability
PLUS .. the experience he gained from helping the Redskins win the NFC East last season

Yep...

Good news is that we have two options for this "maturity": Shanahan & RG3.

What I mean is that even if RG3 hasn't learned his lesson (I seriously doubt it), Shanahan seems to have.

I was very relieved with Shanahan's comments about not letting RG3 in until he's 100%. That statement alone goes a long way...

I'm thinking RG3 will be watched like a hawk from here out. Not really thinking Shanny is going to just take RG3's word for it any more. If there are visual symptoms, caution will be implemented immediately.

At least that's my hope.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:49 pm

SkinsJock wrote:RG3 will show that he's learned to take better care of himself and not put his body at risk like he did

I would hope so... But I'll take a "wait and see approach". He's said a few things and contradicted those words on Sunday... The weakest part of his game is his ability to protect himself and to know when to quit.

During the SeaHawk game, with one good "wheel" he tried a spin move on a defender instead of running out of bounds. At best, if the move had worked, he would have gained an additional 2 yards. Even with the concussion, the NGATA hit and the re-aggravation of the knee THAT VERY DAY, he was doing something he had ZERO business doing WHEN 100% HEALTHY. He was down to 20% effectiveness and just getting destroyed out there.

Then! During his post-game press conference, he was in denial about the whole thing. And quite honestly, the kid came off sounding quite selfish. He would have better served his team mates by taking himself out the game and giving Kirk an entire half to lead the team. But because of his ego, he cost us a chance to compete in the game (post re-aggravation) and he cost himself an off-season to work on his deficiencies.

That entire situation still leaves a terrible taste in my mouth.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:51 pm

SkinsJock wrote:RG3 will show that he's learned to take better care of himself and not put his body at risk like he did

I would hope so... But I'll take a "wait and see approach". He's said a few things and contradicted those words on Sunday... The weakest part of his game is his ability to protect himself and to know when to quit.

During the SeaHawk game, with one good "wheel" he tried a spin move on a defender instead of running out of bounds. At best, if the move had worked, he would have gained an additional 2 yards. Even with the concussion, the NGATA hit and the re-aggravation of the knee THAT VERY DAY, he was doing something he had ZERO business doing WHEN 100% HEALTHY. He was down to 20% effectiveness and just getting destroyed out there.

Then! During his post-game press conference, he was in denial about the whole thing. And quite honestly, the kid came off sounding quite selfish. He would have better served his team mates by taking himself out the game and giving Kirk an entire half to lead the team. But because of his ego, he cost us a chance to compete in the game (post re-aggravation) and he cost himself an off-season to work on his deficiencies.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:48 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:

+1 to all of that.

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:48 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:

+1 to all of that.

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:12 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:

Man I hate posts like this...

It was as you said. I was quite alarmed by the arrogant attitude at the Seattle post-game press conference as well. Hate saying anything negative about the kid.

His greatest strength; he's fearless; his greatest weakness; he's fearless

I just really hope the kid gets the opportunity to become all he can and not be cut short of what his talent calls for.

In the mean time, I'll just continue to shed years of my life worrying about the kid lol.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:20 pm

Past tense guys - this is not just another great athlete

this kid graduated early and I'm sure we're going to see him playing better and taking a lot more care of himself

faster and wiser :lol:

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:44 pm

SkinsJock wrote:Past tense guys - this is not just another great athlete

this kid graduated early and I'm sure we're going to see him playing better and taking a lot more care of himself

faster and wiser :lol:

Looking forward to the day you say "told you so" .

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:39 pm

After his last ACL injury, he just bounced back to put Baylor on the map, win the Heisman, and go #2 overall, breaking records, leading the Skins to the NFC East title, and winning ROY.

My money is on Robert
SPIT HAPPENS!!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:55 am

The Hogster wrote:After his last ACL injury, he just bounced back to put Baylor on the map, win the Heisman, and go #2 overall, breaking records, leading the Skins to the NFC East title, and winning ROY.

My money is on Robert

I think he'll bounce back but he can't go through this every few years.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football