Skins "running" down Talib....???

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:32 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
SkinsJock wrote: he's a great story but he was not quite a good enough position player to beat out any of our LBs

This... x1000 He'll be missed but c'mon fellas. Judging from the reaction to Zo's departure, when London retires, we may need to have an intervention for you guys.

Don't forget the Valium

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:01 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:
Talib might have been a nice addition but we did not really need him either - NOT a cap casualty.

Ok, so if we didn't need Talib you must think we don't need to add anyone to the team!

We may not have needed Talib but we currently don't have starter to replace Hall. We need to add a starter at CB more than any other spot on the squad. FS is a close second but then there is a chasm between those two needs and the next spot where we need help!

Yes, there is still free agents left to play corner and there is still the draft.

BUT WE NEED SOMEONE TO PAY CB.

WRONG - as usual :lol:

we do NOT need someone to play (PAY) CB this month - we WILL have CBs when we REALLY need them on the field

We do need CBs and we might add a free agent or 2 or 3 AND we might add a FS or 2 - I'm sure our defensive secondary WILL get some attention in the draft

about Talib - I said we did not REALLY need him :lol:

IF these guys had REALLY, REALLY wanted Talib - they would have found a way .. ONLY if the $ could be worked out
Talib is a little like Davis in a way - there is some 'baggage' and he was NOT deemed worth the price :roll:

+1

All things considered, we don't really NEED anyone at the moment apart from who we already have. Sure our secondary will struggle next year but even they started to look good last towards the end of last year (no, it was not DHall single-handedly doing it all).

One thing that hasn't been brought up (to my knowledge) is our o-line. We've done a pretty good amount of signing in our o-line. Our o-line looked TERRIBLE at the beginning of the year last year.

Fast forward week by week and there were DRAMATIC improvements.

All last year we were screaming "we need a front line!!!" The staff has proven its ability to develop players in the o-line to perform up to par in their scheme.

Heck, they even did a decent job in their secondary.

So far, we've re-sign a lot of key players with a nasty cap situation. Now, we're on our way to a draft loaded with secondary talent.

We don't need 7 picks for our secondary. That's a waste (wouldn't keep them all anyway). We'll draft at LEAST 2 talented secondary players, but more than likely more. Shanny always drafts a RB, and perhaps we'll see a TE drafted that will replace Davis in a year/couple years.

Either way, our o-line situation is looking pretty good. WE HAVE DEPTH NOW. Plus our depth will be getting that same quality conditioning we saw last year.

You have LeRib (who played like a beast in the games we saw), and Compton (who's a powerhouse they're conditioning AND keep increasing his pay). These guys are the future of the line. Maybe this year, maybe next.

Going into the draft with only ONE DEFINITIVE NEED is a pretty damn good scenario.

I believe Davis & Hall are coming back. Both of them have their own "issues" that's made their stock lower. I believe they both WANT to come back as well.

So what are we looking at right now?

The same team as last year minus Zo (who is great, but couldn't even get a starting LB job w/ our current setup). As of now, its also the same team minus Davis (who we didn't have most of the year anyway), and Hall (who "showed up" sporadically last year).

What are some of you freaking out about???? Was last year really so bad?

We have the draft w/ a load of defensive players, we have injured defensive players returning.

WE......ARE......GOING......TO......BE......A......BETTER......TEAM......THAN......WE......WERE......LAST......YEAR.

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:03 pm

(double post)

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:11 pm

HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:Our o-line looked TERRIBLE at the beginning of the year last year.

All last year we were screaming "we need a front line!!!"

No, they didn't.

No, there wasn't.

No, we weren't.

You just joined the board a few months ago. :roll:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:16 pm

Deadskins wrote:
HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:Our o-line looked TERRIBLE at the beginning of the year last year.

No, they didn't.

No, there wasn't.

No, we weren't.

Every Redskin fan wasn't on this board a few months ago including myself. And yes, we were saying we needed a line. Why do you think everyone was worried about RG3's protection?

Get out more...

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:20 pm

HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

No, they didn't.

No, there wasn't.

No, we weren't.

Every Redskin fan wasn't on this board a few months ago including myself. And yes, we were saying we needed a line. Why do you think everyone was worried about RG3's protection?

Get out more...

Dude, they worried about RGIII when he scrambled out past the line, not when staying in the pocket. You should stay in and watch the games more.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:25 pm

I don't remember that being a theme on THN, either. A lot of us were noticing how good the blocking was, actually . . .
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:27 pm

Deadskins wrote:
HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

No, they didn't.

No, there wasn't.

No, we weren't.

Get out more...

Dude, they worried about RGIII when he scrambled out past the line, not when staying in the pocket. You should stay in and watch the games more.

It was both. Its been said through news outlets and sports commentators that RG3 was the most pass pressured QB in the NFL.

Almost every time it was spoken in the context of the line needing to "block more" for RG3.

Of course you had people jumping on the bandwagon changing out song to "braves on a warpath, block for RG3."

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football