Tyler Polumbus signs 2 year deal to Stay in DC

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
^^^^^^^

Tyler Polumbus signs 2 year deal to Stay in DC

Postby frankcal20 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:33 pm

Read on twitter earlier that RT Tyler Polumbus has signed a 2 year deal to stay in DC. Was our starter last season and had a pretty good year IMO. Continuity on the oline is good for this young team.

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:12 pm

Can't say I'm excited by the news, but it's still a solid move in the cap circumstances we're in. The cap space isn't there for free agents, and we just aren't going to find a starting calibre right tackle, corner and safety in one single draft, unless we get very lucky. Luck is not something that successful organisations rely on.

Ideally, I'd like a much better right tackle than Polumbus on the team, but the situation is what it is.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Postby skinsfan#33 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:28 pm

Ok so now we have signed three back up RT to add to Compton and MoHurt to compete to start. I would have liked one of these guy to be a legitimate starting caliber RT. But at least we have a guy back that we know can do a fair job.

Now let's sign someone that can start at FS, CB, and a back at LT.

Are any of these also ran RT capable off playing LT?
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:50 pm

Said Polumbus on Twitter: "Well Jacksonville was tempting...but I couldn't leave these Coaches and Teammates. 2 more years! #H.TTR #Redskins"

This is what happens when you build a winning organization: people want to stay, not just come here when it's time for the big paycheck. People will turn down tempting offers elsewhere to be a part of what's happening in DC.

No, Polumbus won't be the piece of the puzzle that gets us to the Superbowl, but quality depth players like him are the true foundation of a very good team that competes every year. Fill out your roster with ~30 guys like Polumbus to complement your superstars like RGIII, Morris, Williams, Fletcher, etc., and you've got yourself a true contender.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

piglet

Postby Bee_Skins_Fan » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:25 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:Ok so now we have signed three back up RT to add to Compton and MoHurt to compete to start. I would have liked one of these guy to be a legitimate starting caliber RT. But at least we have a guy back that we know can do a fair job.

Now let's sign someone that can start at FS, CB, and a back at LT.

Are any of these also ran RT capable off playing LT?

Mo was the back-up at LT last year. Not sure about the others.

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:56 pm

Championship. 8)

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:07 pm

UK Skins Fan wrote: Luck is not something that successful organisations rely on.

I don't know... the Colts seemed to do ok with it...

just sayin... :wink:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby Hooligan » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:09 pm

So much hate for this guy! I thought he held down the RT position pretty well. There are better football minds than mine on this board, so maybe you're seeing things differently, but I don't think RT is as glaring of a weakness as some seem to believe. A full offseason of work as a unit will be an improvement as well.

Safety, cb, mlb are all bigger needs, imho.
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:52 am

Countertrey wrote:
UK Skins Fan wrote: Luck is not something that successful organisations rely on.

I don't know... the Colts seemed to do ok with it...

just sayin... :wink:

Tada! :-)
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:33 am

I like Polumbus run blocking but his pass blocking is not good. He has been burned by fast rush ends on passing downs. With RG3 a most likely target I want a better RT......

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:53 am

DaSkinz Baby wrote:I like Polumbus run blocking but his pass blocking is not good.

Granted, his pass blocking isn't the greatest. But with a year of experience and an off-season to improve, I expect better results.

I also expect RGIII to be more decisive and learn when to throw the ball away, to protect himself. He also needs to know when to put his hands up and let defenders know he's out of the play... He has a way of making his linemen look better and worse than they are, at the same time.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:06 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:I like Polumbus run blocking but his pass blocking is not good.

Granted, his pass blocking isn't the greatest. But with a year of experience and an off-season to improve, I expect better results.

I also expect RGIII to be more decisive and learn when to throw the ball away, to protect himself. He also needs to know when to put his hands up and let defenders know he's out of the play... He has a way of making his linemen look better and worse than they are, at the same time.

I hope your right. I have a funny feeling that RG3 is going to try to do too much too soon. All the talk of him being injury prone and Shanny ruining him... I hope he understands and will be a better pocket passer but his desire to succeed maybe a bad thing, especially with that knee......

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:10 am

DaSkinz Baby wrote:especially with that knee......

His knee isn't the issue, neither is his ability to become more of a pocket passer. His issue is common sense. For as mature as he is, he still has some areas in which he is deficicent. I hope that his maturity in other areas allows him to realize the issue and improve.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:23 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:

His knee isn't the issue, neither is his ability to become more of a pocket passer. His issue is common sense. For as mature as he is, he still has some areas in which he is deficicent. I hope that his maturity in other areas allows him to realize the issue and improve.

Agreed

piggie

Postby capitaldefense » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:38 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:

He tries to hard to make everyplay a positive one, that works in college not in the NFL. I think the injury will help him realize the difference between a throw away vs a 2 yard gain and a huge hit. He is the franchise and he can't be that if he is injured. At least I hope he has learned.....

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football