NFLPA Willing to Join Redskins over Cap-Gate

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:01 pm

I guess on the bright side we'll be 18 mil under the cap next season. I'm not enthralled with this year's FA class anyway.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:10 pm

brad7686 wrote:I guess on the bright side we'll be 18 mil under the cap next season. I'm not enthralled with this year's FA class anyway.

Yep, we gotta think further than 1 season. We'll be in prime position next year. Hopefully RGIII will enter it completely healthy.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:43 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
brad7686 wrote:I guess on the bright side we'll be 18 mil under the cap next season. I'm not enthralled with this year's FA class anyway.

Yep, we gotta think further than 1 season. We'll be in prime position next year. Hopefully RGIII will enter it completely healthy.

That's the hardest part for me; waiting another year. Makes me nervous to put RG3 on the field but that's just being extreme w/ worries.

You're right though...we're not going to fix all our problems this year, but we should be in a better place than last year.

Thinking of how even our defense began to pull it together towards the end of last season is saying a lot about the players & leadership. Overall, the team plays quite well together.

Key here is (and if I dare to assume, this is Shanny's blueprint) to find players who will be great in our team...even though they aren't "considered great" players. Sounds weird but who ever would have thought that Alfred Morris was a genius pick?

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:23 pm

Sucks we couldn't do more about the capgate this year.. losing OMG, Hall, and Davis are a direct result of this bs. Now as a team/fan we have to hope for the best and wait till next year- like we have been for the past twenty. Whats worse is Davis will probably go on to become a hof te, for someone else. Smmfh
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:05 pm

While we win the NFC East and continue to get stronger and stronger

I'm liking the 'feel' of this team and the attitude that's developing here

especially as it's against the most hated franchise IMO in the NFC East - Mara's giants
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive in 2016
we'll win some games but it will take years to be good again

Hog

Postby rskin72 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:34 pm

Well, there certainly was collusion IF the team owners were expected to keep overall team salaries around 120 mil or so in an UNCAPPED season. The whole purpose of a threat of an uncapped season is to try and get the owners to the bargaining table prior to the end of the CBA. If all of the owners decided to keep the salary cap around 120 mil in an uncapped season....as Mara alluded to last year.....then I do not see how this can be viewed as anything other than collusion. And....as if we somehow impacted competitive balance when we have been the doormat team in the NFCE for too long in the prior to last season

BUT....as the NFLPA/Demaurice Smith signed off on this penalty in the first place...why would they anticipate our assistance in their effort? Also, lets not forget that at the end of the day, Dan Snyder has to live within the owner's circle, and a collusion lawsuit would potentially impact every owner including Snyder.

I don't think Snyder is Al Davis reincarnate. We were screwed, end of story. Nothing happened to teams who went 40 to 50 million UNDER the "imaginary" salary cap that season. One more season of low numbers, then next season we will have some room to play.

Heck, we already showed Mara by winning this season without 18mil in cap space. Snyder had the last laugh so far....
A winning effort begins with preparation.
Failures are expected by losers, ignored by winners.

Quotes by Joe Gibbs

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:55 pm

:shock: ... welcome back ...... :?
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive in 2016
we'll win some games but it will take years to be good again

Hog

Postby rskin72 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:08 pm

SkinsJock wrote::shock: ... welcome back ...... :?

Thanks....I think? Been working some long hours recently so have not had a chance to track on my Redskin forums as I would like. But, this collusion discussion just straight torques me off as I have read a bit about both sides....and I just do not see how you can get around the nugget that it was an uncapped season, and the NFL signed off on our deals. Then add to that the statement by Mara and the NFL that all teams were warned not to exceed an imaginary salary cap number......

Just entered into a heated discussion tonight about this with a Pats fan at the hotel I am staying at. I may have at least swayed him a litte to my POV.
A winning effort begins with preparation.
Failures are expected by losers, ignored by winners.

Quotes by Joe Gibbs

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football