Trent Williams

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
|||

Trent Williams

Postby HEROHAMO » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:10 pm

You know with all the attention on RG3, Morris and Garcon. I think Trent has had his best season so far. He has looked outstanding IMHO. Especially against Demarcus Ware. In fact I like the way all the Oline has played as a whole this season.

Yes I know RG3 helps everybody on the team. I still feel like the Oline has really stepped it up this year. When I thought it was going to be a weakness coming into this season. :D
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:50 pm

I think our Oline benefits more from scheme and star-power of RGIII and Morris than anything.

I believe If RGIII had as much time in the pocket as Eli Manning, our offense would score 50 points a game.
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

Hog

Postby FLWSkin » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:15 pm

If you want to know how much Trent means to us, watch the Bengal game and watch every other game and you will see.

DarthMonk

Re: Trent Williams

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:29 pm

HEROHAMO wrote:You know with all the attention on RG3, Morris and Garcon. I think Trent has had his best season so far. He has looked outstanding IMHO. Especially against Demarcus Ware. In fact I like the way all the Oline has played as a whole this season.

Yes I know RG3 helps everybody on the team. I still feel like the Oline has really stepped it up this year. When I thought it was going to be a weakness coming into this season. :D

We don't help Trent much either. We tell him to block a guy by himself and then hardly ever hear his name.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:05 pm

Don't get me wrong. My comments were more directed to the OLine as a unit. I guess the thread is specifically about TW who I think will be a great anchor for our OLine for years to come.

I'd just say that I believe our OLine is below average and is benefitting from some special talent that elevates them to mediocre
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:53 pm

TW is a beast.. I don't know if I can say he a whole whole lot better then last year, especially with D Ware in mind. TW shut him down and even pancakes him last year. He was so effective at stuffing him they switched him to the other side (for the first time I've seen- not saying much cuz I don't focus on puke games out side of us much). I loved the intensity he displayed in those bouts, even the helmet to helmet grinding and trash talk- even more for backing it up!
Glad he carried that same fire into this season. Not much more you can ask from the guy except keep on keeping on into the playoffs and beyond!
HTTR
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby FLWSkin » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:53 am

Bob 0119 wrote:Don't get me wrong. My comments were more directed to the OLine as a unit. I guess the thread is specifically about TW who I think will be a great anchor for our OLine for years to come.

I'd just say that I believe our OLine is below average and is benefitting from some special talent that elevates them to mediocre

Having watched a lot of other teams this year, to say our line is below average is a little harsh. Watch the Bears, Packers, Chargers, Chiefs and a few others and you will see truely horrible line play. Are our guys the best...no. But I think people are being too hard on them, yes RGIII helps but we are second in the league in rushing and some really good holes are being opened up and RGIII has a decent amount of time to throw on those long passes to Robinson and Moss lately.

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:07 pm

I see way to many defenders pouring through our line to say they are above average. The only thing that slows down the pass rush is RGIII and AlfMo.

Take out RGIII and the linebackers can pin their ears back and pour through at will. With RGIII they have to play to contain which helps make the line look good.

I'm not saying our line is the worst in the league, but I'm also not ready to say we don't still need help in the front five.

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:01 am

Solid depth and a T and G wouldnt hurt. Still I am pleased with how the Oline has played.

We have faced the best pass rushes in the league. The Giants, Steelers and Cgirls all have top pass rushers. Still I wanted to emphasize that TW is turning out to be a stud. Hope he keeps it up.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Hog

Postby FLWSkin » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:57 am

Don't get me wrong Bob, we need to improve the O-line. But having been on two other boards this year before I migrated here, people were saying RGIII wasn't going to make it through three weeks and we were going to have no running game at all. The scarey thing is watching RGIII do this with a mediocre line.....give him a great one....imagine the possibilities.

Hog

Postby ACW » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:17 am

Good WP article on Trent's maturation: http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/re ... story.html
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:04 pm

FLWSkin wrote:Don't get me wrong Bob, we need to improve the O-line. But having been on two other boards this year before I migrated here, people were saying RGIII wasn't going to make it through three weeks and we were going to have no running game at all. The scarey thing is watching RGIII do this with a mediocre line.....give him a great one....imagine the possibilities.

btw - welcome to the site

there are many here that you will realize know a lot about the game and how it is played ..

I am NOT one of them

we really do not care much about the opinions of others that obviously know very little about the game and how it is both coached and played

ESPECIALLY other Redskins sites - for the most part the other sites have site envy and are full of fans that would not be able to have any input here

I don't EVER go to other Redskins sites - why waste time?

this franchise is going thru a transition period and we will soon have the depth we need to be successful

this is not fantasy football or a franchise that 'buys' players like dumb and dumber did anymore - a lot of players that might not be any good anywhere else will be great here NOT because they are good but mainly because they are a part of a team
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:33 pm

Trent Williams is Training with Adrian Peterson

LINK TO FULL ARTICLE

Excerpt:

“Let’s get it,” Adrian Peterson tweeted this week.

Nice image of a guy refusing to relax despite a 2,000-yard season. For Redskins fans, though, the highlight of the picture was located one treadmill over. That’s franchise left tackle Trent Williams in the neon green sneaks, working out with the all-world running back. A lineman working out with a running back?

“Depending on what we’re doing, he definitely gets in there with AD, and they mix it up pretty good, to be honest with you,” their Houston-based trainer James Cooper told me this week. “Unlike some guys that keep playing, [Williams] actually wants to get faster and he wants to get stronger every year. He’s jumping. He’s not jumping the same as AD, but they’re going neck and neck on 42-inches Plyo Boxes — Adrian actually has the 46-inch boxes too.

“He’s exploding pretty high,” Cooper said of the lineman. “He’s competing. It’s fun to watch him go with the little guys. I’ve got a lot of linemen, and they don’t want to run 200s and 300-meter sprints. And Trent gets out there and he runs the 300-meter sprints, he runs the 200s, the 150s. And I push him at a pretty fast pace. He’s a pretty fast guy for his size already, pretty nimble, but it’s because he really works on it. Like I tell him, just because you’re big doesn’t mean you have to play slow. You should be able to play as quick as the lightest guy — that should be the goal.”

-snip-

Williams recruited teammates Maurice Hurt and Roddrick Muckelroy this offseason, and has also talked about bringing Alfred Morris and Fred Davis to Cooper’s group. Peterson and Williams cross paths in the gym, but are only actually working out together two or three times a week. Still, it probably doesn’t hurt to be in a training program with one of the NFL’s premier players.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:52 pm

I think that Trent Williams is a huge part of the reason this O line did so well last season

for those of you that have not read this - please check out Jake's interview with Doc Walker ..

Doc feels that Trent Williams is possibly the best player on the Redskins' roster

http://www.thehogs.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39231
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:32 pm

Trent really stepped it up this year at a crucial moment. A lot of people were expressing doubt over his commitment and work ethic. Major props to him for the offseason and season he had. I think we've seen him grow up and hit a new baseline for performance from here forward.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football