Ultimate fantasy scenerio.

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:26 am

Countertrey wrote:
Warmother wrote:For the Skins Chris Hanburger,(HOF), over Ken Harvey.
Absoulutely

I would start Diron Talbert over Darryl Grant against the Pie's. He was a monster against them.
Diron Talbert, quite literally, detested Roger Staubach. It was personal... and he was always a "little" more motivated when playing Dallas. I'd absolutely want him on any team that's playing against Staubach.

Well Its hard to argue againt the hall of famers. Ken Harvey was no slouch though. His rep is hurt by playing during the bad times and getting hurt cutting his career short.

I have Diron on the bench ready to go though.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:33 am

Superskins wrote:I would say that Tom Landry has to be the coach of the Cowboys over Jimmy Johnson.

As far as the Redskins go, I would have to take Sonny Jurgensen over RG3 since he's only played one year and Sonny was the best in his time (better than Joe Namath or Johnny Unitas IMHO).

Also, Jerry Smith was Jurgensen's go to guy on third downs. He had the best hands on the team, which was stocked with Hall of Famers Charley Taylor and Bobby Mitchell. Smith needs to be in the Hall of Fame.

I've got to go with Bobby Mitchell over Gary Clark. Not close; Mitchell's a Hall of Famer.

Chris Hanburger hands down over Lavar Arrington. Hanburger was one of the smartest players ever to play the game.

All good arguments and defniatley wouldnt argue much against those moves.

The Mitchell over Clark is the one I do argue with. Clark was outstanding deep threat. Big plays all the time on the biggest stage as well. Sure Mitchell has the Hall of fame credentials. I say Clark is arguably a Hall of famer as well.
I would have no problem with taking out Ricky Sanders for Mitchell.

In past years many of us argued about Lavar. I always thought he was misused by terrible coaches. His talent was wasted. He was virtually unblockable IMHO.

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:43 am

fetus wrote:I can't help but say this.... After 1 year in the league, there is no way I would put RG3 as the starting QB on the Skins all time team, I would have Sonny as the starter and probably Theismann as the back-up.

I would nix Garçon(for now) and put Cooley as a back up and throw Jerry Smith at TE.

You forgot kickers and Punters though.....
K- Mosley
P-Sammy Baugh(and he can play QB or Corner too :)

There has to be someone better than Cofield to fill that back up DT position as well... Diron Talbert... killed the cowboys didn't he???

lets make those changes :)

HEROHAMO wrote:Ya hes in the hall of fame great player. You could easily take out Portis and Ricky Sanders and put in Mitchell and Larry Brown.

either or is fine by me

I like Lohmiller better at K. Baugh will be listed as P. However you could still use him as backup for any other position needed during the game. Good one.

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:29 am

Mosely won league MVP as a kicker. It doesn't get any better than that.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

piggie

Postby fetus » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:55 am

Deadskins wrote:Mosely won league MVP as a kicker. It doesn't get any better than that.

my only argument for Mosley but, Chip was a hell of a good kicker as well
RGIII and the terrible D

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:19 am

Deadskins wrote:Mosely won league MVP as a kicker. It doesn't get any better than that.

MVP as a kicker? Wow I didnt know that. Ok you convinced me I am switching my pick. Only special teams player to win an M.V.P. thats really impressive. Also part of the first SuperBowl which is special as well. Ok good call.

I stand by my other starters though. You could always rotate the guys. Anyhow wish we could simulate this stuff.

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:54 am

HEROHAMO wrote:

MVP as a kicker? Wow I didnt know that. Ok you convinced me I am switching my pick. Only special teams player to win an M.V.P. thats really impressive. Also part of the first SuperBowl which is special as well. Ok good call.

I stand by my other starters though. You could always rotate the guys. Anyhow wish we could simulate this stuff.
... ummmm... that would be first VICTORIOUS superbowl. :P The first was a loss to Miami in '72.

More on the MVP year

and... if Staubach is playing, Talbert MUST start. What part of "lived to hurt Staubach" don't you understand? :wink:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Re: All time Skins vs All time Cowboys

Postby markshark84 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:15 pm

HEROHAMO wrote:Well heres my all time starting Redskins lineup.

Head Coach Joe Gibbs
I am opting for a single back offense with three wideouts.

QB RG3
RB John Riggins
TE/Hback Chris Cooley
LT Jim Lachey
LG Russ Grimm
C Jeff Bostic
RG Tre Johnson
RT Joe Jacoby
WR Art Monk
WR Charley Taylor
WR Gary Clark

Reserves QB Sonny Jurgenson, RB Clinton Portis, T Jon Jansen, G Raleigh Mckenzie, WR Ricky Sanders and Pierre Garcon.

Starting defense I am opting for a 4-3. I prefer a massive defensive line and nasty tacklers overall.

DT Dave Butz
DT Darryl Grant
DE Dexter Manley
DE Charles Mann
MLB Sam Huff
OLB Lavar Arrington
OLB Ken Harvey
CB Darrel Green
CB Pat Fischer
SS Ken Houston
FS Sean Taylor

K Chip Lohmiller
P Sammy Baugh

Reserves DT Diron Talbert, DT Barry Cofield, LB Monte Coleman, LB London Fletcher, DB Champ Bailey, DB Laron Landry

A couple REALLY big disagreements here:

QB: We have 2 HOF QBs and you are going with RGIII??? He has played one season or 14.5 games total and you are saying he should START on our ALL-TIME team????? I LOVE RGIII, but that is a slap in the face to Sonny and Baugh. RGIII is at best #5. He's only played a year for Gods sake! Horrible choice.

OLB: Arrington??? Get real. This has to be a joke. How about Hanburger or putting Fletcher there.

DT: Cofield. He has played 2 seasons for the skins and has 30 total tackles. Not really "all time" numbers.

S: Landry: If you are going to put guys who played less time in DC than with other teams, you should replace him with Krause.

K: Mark Mosley. Period. End of conversation.

Some I am less adament (but still) against:

MLB: Huff is a great player but most of his years were played for NYG. Don't disagree with this as much as the RGIII and Arrington picks, but even though Fletcher played on 2 other teams, the majority of his career was in DC. Thinking about it, it could go either way.

WR: Gary Clark. I love Gary and he is the reason for the "84" in my screename. Mitchell would be the only contender for this. If you look at the numbers, I personally believe Clark's are better and he had a longer career with 2 SBs. This is more to say I agree with you and not with the Mitchell supporters; even though Mitchell is in the HOF.

OG: Tre Johson. There has to be someone better. If not, that is sad.

WR: Garcon. Again he's played 12 games. The skins have a ton of great WRs to pick from. Garcon shouldn't even be in the conversation.

Honestly the only major starting player mistakes are RGIII, Lohmiller, and Arrington but if you replace those, this is a pretty decent starting list.

I 110% believe that Gibbs should be the coach, but shouldn't we have some sort of "honorable mention" for Lombardi?

I'm guessing you are younger poster, because we shouldn't have this many Skins who have played in the past 10 years.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:26 pm

HEROHAMO wrote:

Moseley starts at 2:10. The big one is at 2:20.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJmfsEecwrA
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:36 pm

HEROHAMO wrote:Anyhow wish we could simulate this stuff.

For a sim go here

http://promo.espn.go.com/espn/promotion ... perleague/

and check out the championship game recap.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:22 pm

Countertrey wrote:
HEROHAMO wrote:

... ummmm... that would be first VICTORIOUS superbowl. :P The first was a loss to Miami in '72.

More on the MVP year

and... if Staubach is playing, Talbert MUST start. What part of "lived to hurt Staubach" don't you understand? :wink:

With you Tre as head coach Talbert will start. I am sure most every Skins fan agrees with you too. If I were sitting in the stands as a fan I wouldnt be arguing with your descisions. But with me as the coach in my fantasy you have convinced me to have a rotation. Actually you pushed it to me starting Talbert with Grant coming in on third downs.
:D

Oh and yes most of the pub of the first SB win is of Riggo and the hogs. Still am very surprised by Mosley a kicker winning the MVP. Still really impressive.

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

|||

Re: All time Skins vs All time Cowboys

Postby HEROHAMO » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:45 pm

markshark84 wrote:
HEROHAMO wrote:Well heres my all time starting Redskins lineup.

Head Coach Joe Gibbs
I am opting for a single back offense with three wideouts.

QB RG3
RB John Riggins
TE/Hback Chris Cooley
LT Jim Lachey
LG Russ Grimm
C Jeff Bostic
RG Tre Johnson
RT Joe Jacoby
WR Art Monk
WR Charley Taylor
WR Gary Clark

Reserves QB Sonny Jurgenson, RB Clinton Portis, T Jon Jansen, G Raleigh Mckenzie, WR Ricky Sanders and Pierre Garcon.

Starting defense I am opting for a 4-3. I prefer a massive defensive line and nasty tacklers overall.

DT Dave Butz
DT Darryl Grant
DE Dexter Manley
DE Charles Mann
MLB Sam Huff
OLB Lavar Arrington
OLB Ken Harvey
CB Darrel Green
CB Pat Fischer
SS Ken Houston
FS Sean Taylor

K Chip Lohmiller
P Sammy Baugh

Reserves DT Diron Talbert, DT Barry Cofield, LB Monte Coleman, LB London Fletcher, DB Champ Bailey, DB Laron Landry

A couple REALLY big disagreements here:

QB: We have 2 HOF QBs and you are going with RGIII??? He has played one season or 14.5 games total and you are saying he should START on our ALL-TIME team????? I LOVE RGIII, but that is a slap in the face to Sonny and Baugh. RGIII is at best #5. He's only played a year for Gods sake! Horrible choice.

OLB: Arrington??? Get real. This has to be a joke. How about Hanburger or putting Fletcher there.

DT: Cofield. He has played 2 seasons for the skins and has 30 total tackles. Not really "all time" numbers.

S: Landry: If you are going to put guys who played less time in DC than with other teams, you should replace him with Krause.

K: Mark Mosley. Period. End of conversation.

Some I am less adament (but still) against:

MLB: Huff is a great player but most of his years were played for NYG. Don't disagree with this as much as the RGIII and Arrington picks, but even though Fletcher played on 2 other teams, the majority of his career was in DC. Thinking about it, it could go either way.

WR: Gary Clark. I love Gary and he is the reason for the "84" in my screename. Mitchell would be the only contender for this. If you look at the numbers, I personally believe Clark's are better and he had a longer career with 2 SBs. This is more to say I agree with you and not with the Mitchell supporters; even though Mitchell is in the HOF.

OG: Tre Johson. There has to be someone better. If not, that is sad.

WR: Garcon. Again he's played 12 games. The skins have a ton of great WRs to pick from. Garcon shouldn't even be in the conversation.

Honestly the only major starting player mistakes are RGIII, Lohmiller, and Arrington but if you replace those, this is a pretty decent starting list.

I 110% believe that Gibbs should be the coach, but shouldn't we have some sort of "honorable mention" for Lombardi?

I'm guessing you are younger poster, because we shouldn't have this many Skins who have played in the past 10 years.

I knew I would get some flak from the veteran fanbase. But thats ok.
This is a hypothetical one game fantasy scenerio.

Not the official All time greatest Redskins list. Which is based on career accomplishments and contribution to the Redskins.

For my scenerio. Which is one game against the best of the Cowboys all time roster. I have to choose the most dynamic talent the Redskins offer.
Which is RG3 at QB. Even with one year played. With one game with everything on the line I am very confident in going with RG3.

Even though I am a younger fan. I still know about 99 percent of the Skins history. I am sure that one percent of history I dont know you veterans do possess which is signifigant. I am glad to learn that as well. Like Mosley winning the league MVP.

In a one game scenerio with all the marbles on the line I still think my choices are fine. Can you prove me wrong that Lavar Arrington isnt the fastest, biggest and strongest linebacker our team has ever had?

Ken Harvey was in the same mold as Lavar?

That is how I chose my roster. Its a one game scenerio with all the marbles at stake. Our most hated Rival.

Its not the All time Skins official list. You have convinced me to change the name of the title. So that I dont disrespect the legends of our team though.

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football