New RGIII ad, "all in for week 1"

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
FanFromAnnapolis

New RGIII ad, "all in for week 1"

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:40 pm

But he's quick to point out on Twitter that he's just talking about determination, not compromising his career. :)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/foo ... dy-return/

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... pshUEANHCk

Robert Griffin III says he will not compromise his career with speedy return

Shortly after he tweeted the link Tuesday to a new Adidas commercial that ends with his intention to return by Week 1 of the 2013 NFL season, Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III added a note of caution. The quarterback said that he will not put his career at risk just to be on the field for Week 1.

In the ad, Griffin stares into the camera and, in a voice-over, says, “Blow up last season. Every win. Every loss. Every headline. Blow it all up. Because all that matters is what you do next.”

The words “all in for week 1″ appear shortly after images of Griffin working out.

Shortly after Griffin tweeted the link to the Adidas ad, Twitter erupted in a flurry as followers wondered why the sports apparel company would push for Griffin to make such a speedy recovery when there are significant risks involved.

Responding to those questions, Griffin tweeted out two more messages:
“Feel like I need to say this… Although my goal is to start Week 1, that doesn’t mean I will compromise my career to do so,” the first tweet read.
Griffin followed up with, “Starting Week 1 will be the result of healing, hard work, dedication & God’s anointing. No rush, just determination.”

On the eve of the Super Bowl, when Griffin capped his impressive initial season with AP Rookie of the Year honors, he said he is ahead of schedule in his rehabilitation from knee surgery. Griffin underwent a revision of his reconstructed ACL and repair of a torn lateral collateral ligament and meniscus in his right knee.

Griffin, who walked without crutches or a cane that night, said then that his goal was to return by the start of his second NFL season. Redskins general manager Bruce Allen told reporters last week that Griffin was indeed ahead of schedule and that the team is optimistic about his recovery, but that the timeline for his return would be left up to the team’s medical staff.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Pacman Rules

Postby gay4pacman » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:50 pm

those commercials get me pumped up!
I know this guy named Jimmy, he has a pet....POSTERNUTBAG! Thats his cats name, POSTERNUTBAG!!!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football