So any news on if the Redskins will get some cap space back?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:18 am

SkinsJock wrote:The most we can hope for is that they reduce or eliminate this year's 'fine

Not at all. The most we can hope for is to receive the full $36 million back plus reparations, as well as the other teams losing the stolen bonuses given last year. But that would not come from the NFL. There is zero chance of them willingly reducing or eliminating this year's portion of the cap hit. Our only remedy is through the courts, IMO.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:25 am

see below :roll:
Last edited by SkinsJock on Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:28 am

I guess based on the stupidity of their recent actions the chance of them giving back last season's cap space is a possibility ....

I think that is absolutely NOT happening ... but .... like I said stupid is as stupid does

ALSO

'hoping' for that seems to be a little stupid to me - have at it :twisted:

I think there is more chance that they'll take away our 1st round draft pick from last year - give us all $36M cap space back & make RG3 a NY giant ...
:twisted:
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:53 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Because they can... This is the same unfair process that the players are subjected to but most everyone is fine with that....

The Redskins have always operated with their own process when it comes to the Cap... there are a few teams worst off than the Redskins.

According to my numbers the Skins are actually sitting at $2,892,750 over the cap before the signing Ron Brace (his max. salary will be $790K but at the most will only add $305K to the cap...or may have no impact at all).

This is the NFCE Champs we're talking about.... not a team trying to get to get to the top. Here's the rest of the NFC cap situation:

The Eagles Current 2013 Cap Space is $25,542,684 under after reworking D. Jackson's deal last year and Vick's last week. They have the most space and NO chance of winning the NFCE next year.

The Giants Current 2013 Cap Space is only $4,988,802 under and they had to part ways with Ahmad Bradshaw, Chris Canty, Michael Boley and Osi Umenyiora to get there. That's a lot to replace to get to where the Redskins already are.

TtiT's Current 2013 Cap Space is $18,272,172 over the cap, and they'll have to push a ot of current money into future years.

The Hogster wrote:
Ironically, the NFL approved the 2010 contracts that didn't violate any rule or the non-existent salary cap that year--but turned around and used those approved contracts to dock us $36M.

Ridiculous.

That's not Ridiculous :shock:
That was more like Almost Ridiculous

Ridiculous is stating what the Redskins did with Hall and the Fat Man's contracts was illegal and basically justified it by saying they would only do it in a "uncapped" year in order to have a advantage in future capped years, THEN approving Adam Carriker's contract two days later...

Carriker's contract is almost identical in structure as Hall's and Haynesworthless' “Illegally structured” contract, including the buy out option the league says they used to that pushed the money into the current year's cap.

If the Redskins do go to court with this, I'm sure this contract will come up.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:41 am

1niksder wrote:The Redskins have always operated with their own process when it comes to the Cap... there are a few teams worst off than the Redskins.

I was referring to how they're being treated by the league in regards to the matter.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:29 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
1niksder wrote:The Redskins have always operated with their own process when it comes to the Cap... there are a few teams worst off than the Redskins.

I was referring to how they're being treated by the league in regards to the matter.

I know, I'm just saying... like I always say, the Skins and the Salary Cap aren't compatible. They where punished for breaking Cap rules (when there was no cap by losing), right before free agency started and responded by handing out $139,496,000 in contracts (if you include Fred Davis being tagged). Which might be why Mara wanted to take draft picks instead of Cap space. In the end they kept the picks and had the money to sign the top QB and top RB drafted last year.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:32 am

1niksder wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:

I know, I'm just saying... like I always say, the Skins and the Salary Cap aren't compatible. They where punished for breaking Cap rules (when there was no cap by losing), right before free agency started and responded by handing out $139,496,000 in contracts (if you include Fred Davis being tagged). Which might be why Mara wanted to take draft picks instead of Cap space. In the end they kept the picks and had the money to sign the top QB and top RB drafted last year.

Gotcha.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:53 am

1niksder wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:

Would you then say that practically speaking the Redskins' cap situation is one that never truly hampers their ability to do most (if not all) of what they want to do? And, secondarily, that this is what really pissed Mara off because he's not been able to figure out how to do this?
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Postby 1niksder » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:37 am

emoses14 wrote:
1niksder wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:

Would you then say that practically speaking the Redskins' cap situation is one that never truly hampers their ability to do most (if not all) of what they want to do? And, secondarily, that this is what really pissed Mara off because he's not been able to figure out how to do this?

I'm saying Eric Schaffer is the best at what he does and it doesn't really matter if the rules change, go away, or are made up after the fact. I can't say the redskins are never hampered but because of Schaffer they are not prevented from doing what they want.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

piggie

Postby capitaldefense » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:16 pm

and Roger pocketed almost 30 million....

I thought Danny Snyder would fight this, he has spent and spent money over the years overpaying players. He would do anything to win, but he has laid down here and done nothing, that we know of, I wish he would expose the NFL on this matter.

Hog

Postby gregory smith » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:56 pm

I think it is hopeless. Any legal action would blow up the golden goose. Not happening. Mara knows it. We can only hope griffin returns to full health and punishes Mara for the next 10 years.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football