Ticket Prices

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
DarthMonk

Ticket Prices

Postby DarthMonk » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:33 pm

“General Admission ticket prices have increased for the first time in seven seasons, with most seats going up no more than 10 percent,” the Redskins noted in last week’s press release.

The implication, of course, was that some seats would go up by more than 10 percent, as some plan holders have been discovering.

“My tickets (which have been in my family for almost 50 years) went up over 40% this season!” one plan holder wrote to me. “I have never seen such a price hike – and I am a season ticket holder of the Wizards and Nats, too.”

His seats indeed went up just over 40 percent this season, from $1089 per seat for 10 games (including two in the preseason) to $1529 per seat for the same 10 games. See last year’s invoice below, and this year’s invoice above.

A Redskins spokesman confirmed that 704 season ticket holders were invoiced a 40 percent increase. All the seats involved were mid field lower-level “prime seat locations.”

These were the highest increases of any seats.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:45 pm

The advantages of having an exciting, competitive team are many... of course, the disadvantages include that the ownership knows that SOMEONE will buy the better seats at any price, in order to watch these games...

Supply and demand does suck, sometimes...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:26 pm

*lookin* @ wife.. 10 year old kid.. 1 year old kid.. 3 year old puppy..

DAG GONE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!

#-o

](*,)

Guess i'll be watchin from the couch.
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

cappster

Postby Cappster » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:46 pm

And that is why I will stay at home and continue to enjoy my big screen TV,
Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 280x, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:14 pm

That's OUTRAGEOUS WOW !!!!

I know I'm living in a time warp, but my tickets in the 1980's were $15-$18 early in the 80's to $20 mid 80's to $25 early 1990's. Playoff tickets were $30-$35.

In 1982 I paid $500 for 3 tickets for the entire season. I think parking was $3-$5.

Hog

Postby Hooligan » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:35 pm

Sure, it's supply and demand, capitalism, etc

...it's also exploiting a fanbase that tolerated this owner's ineptitude and steaming pile of turd for a product over the last several seasons. Now that there's something to get excited about... prices shoot up.

It's kinda like the firearms market right now. Demand is high, so many retailers are jacking prices up sky high to take advantage. It's all perfectly legal, it's supply and demand, it's the market, blah blah blah... but consumers will remember who gouged and who didn't.

I've been on the fence about making the trip down to DC for a game. Definitely watching from home next season.
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:50 pm

I have a hard time seeing how anyone thinks that's worth it. I'd have to be pretty rich before considering that price worth it, and even then I'd have to weigh the cons of traffic, long lines to get in the stadium, all of the downtime during the game, etc.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:16 pm

Hooligan wrote:Sure, it's supply and demand, capitalism, etc

...it's also exploiting a fanbase that tolerated this owner's ineptitude and steaming pile of turd for a product over the last several seasons. Now that there's something to get excited about... prices shoot up.

It's kinda like the firearms market right now. Demand is high, so many retailers are jacking prices up sky high to take advantage. It's all perfectly legal, it's supply and demand, it's the market, blah blah blah... but consumers will remember who gouged and who didn't.

I've been on the fence about making the trip down to DC for a game. Definitely watching from home next season.

Meh... You see more from home, anyway. Somehow, I don't think there's much of a risk of folks suddenly becoming Raven's fans...

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:48 pm

Countertrey wrote:

Meh... You see more from home, anyway. Somehow, I don't think there's much of a risk of folks suddenly becoming Raven's fans...

If they jump the bandwagon like that, they were never one of us anyway.

Man, whatever happened to sacrificial loyalty?

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:14 pm

HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:
Countertrey wrote:

If they jump the bandwagon like that, they were never one of us anyway.

Man, whatever happened to sacrificial loyalty?

Tha's wadImtalkinbout!
Last edited by Countertrey on Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:47 am

If I can swing maybe a ticket or two I'd go but I can't do the season tickets thing.
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:07 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:If I can swing maybe a ticket or two I'd go but I can't do the season tickets thing.

Shoot man you could be a mercy relief for some of the season ticket holders (granted they don't gouge ticket pricing of the games they can't make).

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football