RGIII reaches out to Tyrann Mathieu

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
---

RGIII reaches out to Tyrann Mathieu

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:43 am

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2013/02/11/morning-pixels-rgiii-reaches-out-to-tyrann-mathieu/

If you told me, ‘Hey, some pro athlete offered meaningful advice to a troubled and maligned NFL prospect and also hung out with a bunch of teenaged girls at a Sweet Sixteen pool party in the same weekend,” I’d be like, “Cool, what else did RGIII do on Saturday?”

Read the rest at the link above...

This should make TheHogster happy.

The Hogster wrote:He would have gone 1st round at some point without the marijuanna issues. I would take a chance on him. He's a playmaker at CB & Punt Returner. Would allow the fans to rejoice with the release of Brandon Banks. Can play Returner and Gunner on ST while learning CB, or may be ready to play right away. You can never have too many corners. Take him in the 4th if he's around.

The question is... Does this put him on the Skins radar? Do we possibly get him in the 3rd? If people know we're kinda working with him, do they jump to get him? Interesting.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:24 pm

With our situation and our needs, we are the team that should take the chance on Mathieu. He was a Heisman finalist as a Corner and Returner. I'd welcome him with open arms. He could be our best corner since Bailey.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:34 pm

So I'll come back to the main purpose of this post but all I can think about is RG3 and 16 year olds in a pool party. Thank God, well at least so far, so putz didn't make more of this than what it was.

Anyway help me out here guys. I mean I think Honey Badger has some serious pass rush skills but I'm not that impressed with his tackling and often wonder how much he's struggle in the pros (off field issues aside).

Am I just allowing myself to be biased with this kid because I see him as such a risk or is someone else seeing the same thing?

Anyway, with RG3 reaching out to him, I would say that there's probably good reason to believe that the front office is feeling out the situation with him. As if they like the kid, but they're worried about his character.

To contradict myself, I do feel a little more this kid's ability to change his life based on his reaction/adoration of RG3. If RG3 is taking on sort of a role model mentoring role in his life, he may very turn out alright.

Again, I see some strengths in this kid but I've never been too impressed with this take down ability.

If I need to be proven wrong I'm open to the correction.

piggie

Postby fetus » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:07 pm

If he is there in the third or fourth, I would spend league min. on him with his potential upside in a heartbeat
RGIII and the terrible D

swine

Postby oj » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:28 pm

I can see Shanny going after this guy.
Molon Labe

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:32 pm

oj wrote:I can see Shanny going after this guy.

Starting to look like it from the couple references to him and us lately.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:51 pm

The Hogster wrote:With our situation and our needs, we are the team that should take the chance on Mathieu. He was a Heisman finalist as a Corner and Returner. I'd welcome him with open arms. He could be our best corner since Bailey.

Our best CB? The college guys at work said he'd be a NB at best. They also mentioned how short he is. However, they gushed about his speed, blitzing, vision and tenacity. I don't think he'd address our CB need but he'd def replace Banks at PR.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

piggie

Postby fetus » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:07 pm

Our best CB? The college guys at work said he'd be a NB at best. They also mentioned how short he is. However, they gushed about his speed, blitzing, vision and tenacity. I don't think he'd address our CB need but he'd def replace Banks at PR.

+1
RGIII and the terrible D

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:03 pm

Here's the photo. Was tempted to place in Hot Chicks thread as a bit of a joke but thought better of it.

Girl were never forget her 16th birthday, that's for sure.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:45 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
The Hogster wrote:With our situation and our needs, we are the team that should take the chance on Mathieu. He was a Heisman finalist as a Corner and Returner. I'd welcome him with open arms. He could be our best corner since Bailey.

I've heard people have so-so predictions on him at the NFL level, but I think he'll wind up being a star corner who makes plays. Just my opinion.

Some guys can just play football. He's one of them. When you watch him and how he plays, his size is almost an afterthought. He plays like a 6 ft 200lb corner who can run like a cat. And, his tackling is probably one of his strengths.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gplm7S8YP7U
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:50 pm

What are the odds of us picking up Honey Badger, Ray Ray, and Rambo?

Postby yupchagee » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:34 pm

HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:What are the odds of us picking up Honey Badger, Ray Ray, and Rambo?

-drinking fart: ;furious; :moon: :puke:
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:38 pm

yupchagee wrote:
HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:What are the odds of us picking up Honey Badger, Ray Ray, and Rambo?

-drinking fart: ;furious; :moon: :puke:

I love this game, alright...

So if this happens, we're going to go out drinking, fart on someone, scream obscenities through the streets of DC, moon family tourists, then throw up in someone's front yard?

Well...we know how to party.

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:54 am

Wow that is some news alright.
In my eyes RG3 can accomplish anything. If he believes in Mathieau so do I. I was already leaning towards taking a chance on him anyway.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:40 am

I'd rather draft Honey Badger now--a guy who has already felt what it's like to mess up and lose it all--than a guy with character issues who has always gotten away with everything.

One guy has the experience to do better, while the other guy has a false sense of invincibility.

We are the kind of team that should make this pick.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football