Trade for Revis

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
Hog

Trade for Revis

Postby SKINS#1 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:22 pm

Would you consider trading Cousins to the Jets for Revis? If we could work a deal on the contract for Revis, I think it is worth considration.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:25 pm

Ummm...

No.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

DarthMonk

Re: Trade for Revis

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:12 pm

SKINS#1 wrote:Would you consider trading Cousins to the Jets for Revis? If we could work a deal on the contract for Revis, I think it is worth considration.

Whoever signs Revis will find themselves talking about money as long as he's on the team. He is outstanding but is coming off a knee and a hammy. I don't think he'll ever be happy. I think he's gonna make something like $17 M next year.

He's not our kind of guy and certainly not for Cousins.

If Griff and Revis were healthy and the dollars were better then I'd definitely consider it.

As Steve Martin once said ... "Nah."
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:17 pm

SKINS#1 wrote:Would you consider trading Cousins to the Jets for Revis? If we could work a deal on the contract for Revis, I think it is worth considration.

Whoever signs Revis will find themselves talking about money as long as he's on the team. He is outstanding but is coming off a knee and a hammy. I don't think he'll ever be happy. I think he's gonna make something like $17 M next year.

He's not our kind of guy and certainly not for Cousins.

If Griff and Revis were healthy and the dollars were better then I'd definitely consider it.

As Steve Martin once said ... "Nah."
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:06 am

We dont have much cap space and flexibility. Revis is considered the best corner he would demand top dollar.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:50 am

HEROHAMO wrote:We dont have much cap space

I've heard that line for the last 12 years, and it's never stopped up before. I just don't think Mike is interested in building the team that way.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:21 am

I seriously don't get it.

How long have we been screaming and crying over finding a franchise QB? Now we have one, but he's been injured twice in his rookie year.

Maybe just bad luck and there's lots of good luck in the years to come, but we now have ANOTHER great QB to fill in just in case the worst should happen (which BTW, already has....TWICE).

So now we want to entrust the future of the franchise back to Grossman? Seriously man have well all forgotten about the last 20 years of misery just because of ONE good season?

I want lots of good seasons. Only way to guarantee that is the too keep RG3 (which is honestly, mostly outside of our control), and have a winning backup QB. REX IS NOT THAT ANSWER!!

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:26 am

Also, lol...dude is 27 and coming back from an ACL injury. We should change our logo to a red hospital cross. Could keep the name and end the racist knit-picking.

Why trade someone who probably has about 3 years left in him (if he's lucky) over a guy with no injuries who could contribute to the franchise for 10 years?

We need players who fit our schemes and contribute to the overall spirit of the team. Shanahan is a freaking mad scientist at finding those folks. Funny thing is, they're NEVER the ones we are screaming for an often wonder how we missed it.

I trust Shanahan; he will build the team through drafts and a small handful of lesser known FA talents (even though its very tempting to get the gimmie's of these big talent FAs).

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:49 am

HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:I seriously don't get it.

How long have we been screaming and crying over finding a franchise QB? Now we have one, but he's been injured twice in his rookie year.

Maybe just bad luck and there's lots of good luck in the years to come, but we now have ANOTHER great QB to fill in just in case the worst should happen (which BTW, already has....TWICE).

So now we want to entrust the future of the franchise back to Grossman? Seriously man have well all forgotten about the last 20 years of misery just because of ONE good season?

I want lots of good seasons. Only way to guarantee that is the too keep RG3 (which is honestly, mostly outside of our control), and have a winning backup QB. REX IS NOT THAT ANSWER!!

Ahhh, so you're saying we should trade Rex for Revis....

I LIKE IT!!!!!!!!

And the Jets should do too, I reckon Rexy is better than the three tosspots they had this season!!!

:lol:
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:56 pm

4 years ago Danny boy would have jumped all over this. Thank God we have MS/BA to reign him in.

Even though we really need a CB, trading Cousins for Revis would be an epic disaster. EPIC.

The last thing this team needs is a money-first, team-second player. I wouldn't take anyone from the Jets at this point. That entire me-first team is tainted. Revis is a very good player, but I think that prior history shows signing big $$$ free agents never works out.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:27 pm

Let's see. The last time a team traded for the #1 corner in the game it was Philly.

I'll pass.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:02 pm

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:
HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:I seriously don't get it.

Ahhh, so you're saying we should trade Rex for Revis....

I LIKE IT!!!!!!!!

And the Jets should do too, I reckon Rexy is better than the three tosspots they had this season!!!

:lol:

HAHAHAHAHA!!! I love this! Lets write it up :D

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:45 pm

Deadskins wrote:
HEROHAMO wrote:We dont have much cap space

I've heard that line for the last 12 years, and it's never stopped up before. I just don't think Mike is interested in building the team that way.

Yes you are right. We have never had much cap space. But this time its for real. Thanks to that Mara fellow and his pet the commish.

I agree I dont think Mike wants to build the team that way anyhow.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Postby Superskins » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:24 am

We don't need to trade for a player who is probably on the down side of his career, given his knee issues. I think that Shanahan and Allen would not be interested in taking on the salary cap hit that would accompany such a trade combined with what the team might have to give up in exchange.

Not a smart move.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:25 pm

The Hogster wrote:Let's see. The last time a team traded for the #1 corner in the game it was Philly.

I'll pass.

This reminds me of when Asomugha hit the market all over again. At the time I said I thought that would be a mistake, and I think this would be a huge mistake, too. It is pretty uncommon to see someone sign a FA contract while at their peak value and then make the team happy they signed him. And when those deals go wrong, they tend to go very, very wrong.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Return to General Manager's Office