It's ROY (Rookie of the Year) time!

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:01 pm

It'd be hard to argue that anyone was more valuable to his team's success than RGIII. But the voters won't see it that way.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby ACW » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:31 pm

Deadskins wrote:It'd be hard to argue that anyone was more valuable to his team's success than RGIII. But the voters won't see it that way.
Well, what about Rodgers? We still won with Cousins. GB would MAYBE go 2-14 w/o Rodgers.
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:03 pm

crazyhorse1 wrote: By the way, how many still think Manning's still the best choice for MVP? I certainly don't. He took a playoff team back to the playoffs, then lost. Where's the improvement. Brady?-- same problem. Rodgers?--same. Wilson?--maybe.
Kaepernick?--not likely but maybe? Peterson?--tough to beat. Luck?--eighteen or nineteen interceptions and a fifty percent completion percentage. The Atlanta wonder?--I'm not convinced. Ok, so, that leaves somebody...somebody who?

CH, we both know that, among post season honors, the most political of all is MVP... While I won't agree, I have no doubt that it will be Manning...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:36 pm

ACW wrote:
Deadskins wrote:It'd be hard to argue that anyone was more valuable to his team's success than RGIII. But the voters won't see it that way.
Well, what about Rodgers? We still won with Cousins. GB would MAYBE go 2-14 w/o Rodgers.

There is also the value to the league as a whole. Didn't Griff sell more jerseys than anyone? Weren't fans at other stadiums chanting RGIII? I'd imagine ratings were up for games he played.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:42 pm

DarthMonk wrote:There is also the value to the league as a whole. Didn't Griff sell more jerseys than anyone? Weren't fans at other stadiums chanting RGIII? I'd imagine ratings were up for games he played.

Our SNF Dallas stomp to win the division set a record for viewers.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:30 pm

ACW wrote:We still won with Cousins.

Yeah, we beat Cleveland. :roll:

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:25 am

I'm fairly sure that these awards are based on the 16 games - NOT the post season

I have no doubt that RG3 wins the rookie of the year award - Luck, Morris and Wilson will all be there ...

IMO - AP wins the MVP

I would not be surprised to see Peyton, Brady and RG3 finish in the top 5
Griffin will become a really good QB but it's going to take time

We are lucky to have Cousins - hopefully he can continue to play well

HAIL

Week 3 - 27-21

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:57 am

SkinsJock wrote:I'm fairly sure that these awards are based on the 16 games - NOT the post season

I have no doubt that RG3 wins the rookie of the year award - Luck, Morris and Wilson will all be there ...

IMO - AP wins the MVP

I would not be surprised to see Peyton, Brady and RG3 finish in the top 5

Can't remember the source, but I saw a favorites list on which Manning was way ahead and RG3 wasn't even a contender. I believe the top four were Manning, Rodgers, Brady, and Petersen.

Joe's#1Fan

Postby gibbsfan » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:18 pm

I Would love rg3 get mvp but i,m seeing the others manning,brady,peterson .
rookie of the year im seeing rg3 in the conversation.
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR

Another Year Full Of Redskins Drama
"As The World Turns"

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:03 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
ACW wrote:

There is also the value to the league as a whole. Didn't Griff sell more jerseys than anyone? Weren't fans at other stadiums chanting RGIII? I'd imagine ratings were up for games he played.

If those were the standards, Tim Tebow would be the clear frontrunner............
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:21 pm

markshark84 wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:
ACW wrote:

If those were the standards, Tim Tebow would be the clear frontrunner............

No, he wouldn't.

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:58 am

They announce the winner tonight at 9PM EST on CBS.

Hail to the Redskins!

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:01 am

Deadskins wrote:They announce the winner tonight at 9PM EST on CBS.

I'm actually fully expecting Russel Wilson to win. I don't think he should, but I think he will. He got a LOT of press from the playoffs, and even though it's a regular season award, I think that there will be carryover from all that positive coverage; it left a very positive view of Wilson in the minds of voters. Whereas now because RG3 got injured, I think that left a neutral taste in the mouth of voters.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:10 am

Plus when you bring up the voting page, the video mention RW first, Luck second, and then they finally get around to RGIII. Still, the voting began right after the regular season ended, so RGIII may have built up an insurmountable lead. That, coupled with the amount of Skins fans vs. the amount of Shehawks fans, and I think RGIII takes this down along with all the others he's already won.

Hail to the Redskins!

cleg

Postby cleg » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:56 am

I hope he wins ROY, he deserves it. I really, really wish he did not get hurt though because it is hard to brag because people say he is injury prone, etc. I wish Russell Wilson played for another team because I like him and wish him well but he plays for a dirty team.

The problem is you have national guys like Mike & Mike who gush about whatever new shiny toy like it is the best ever - right now that is Kap and Wilson - RGIII has been forgotten.
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football