Another WR coach gone.

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Another WR coach gone.

Postby jmooney » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:11 am

Saw yesterday where Ike Hilliard took the WR coaching position in Buffalo.

I would have thought we would have some stability at that position given the talent we have on the team now. This came as a surprise to me.

Who's available? Who would be on your wishlist to fill that coaching spot?

Art Monk, perhaps?

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:59 am

not sure if Art fits with what Mike/Kyle do OR what experience he has with coaching in the NFL

Great WR and a great person - be good to have him here
We are lucky to have Cousins - Griffin will become the better QB as he learns to use the pocket & read defenses

Until then, I hope that Cousins takes full advantage of this opportunity

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

Hog

Postby Mississippi Hog » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:23 am

The article on espn that talked about Ike leaving said that Kyle works more closely with the WRs than any other group, so he might just be doing that himself.

Hog

Postby jmooney » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:59 am

SkinsJock wrote:not sure if Art fits with what Mike/Kyle do OR what experience he has with coaching in the NFL

I agree with this.

I was just throwing a name out there to spark a little conversation. However, if I had to pick a guy to mentor Garcon and turn Hank into a posession reciever, I'd be hard pressed to find a better candidate for the job.

To my knowledge , he has no coaching experience. probably a better mentor than a coach.

Sad to think most of the guys on the roster never saw him play.

Postby skinsfan#33 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:23 pm

SkinsJock wrote:not sure if Art fits with what Mike/Kyle do OR what experience he has with coaching in the NFL

How about Gary Clark. He is physically closer to the route of wr we have. Art is a bit of an introvert.

Gary is very fiery and has expressed some interest helping our wrs. Plus he had a cannot of dropping posses from time to time, so maybe he would know how to help our group of butter fingers.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:29 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:

How about Gary Clark. He is physically closer to the route of wr we have. Art is a bit of an introvert.

Gary is very fiery and has expressed some interest helping our wrs. Plus he had a cannot of dropping posses from time to time, so maybe he would know how to help our group of butter fingers.

Art Monk, Gary Glark...man the memories. I think these guys still got it too; lets just pull them out of retirement and watch them run circles on these kids :)

To see either one of them in a mentor role for our receivers would be incredible. Wouldn't Moss be more of a likely mentor candidate however? Just merely to the fact that he's still on the roster.

To contradict myself, Monk, Clark, and Sanders, had natural talent. My personal belief system is that you can "teach" talent but only so far; people with natural talent would outperform others ever time. I could be wrong however.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football