Scathing article a must read!!! By Sally Jenkins

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Do you agree with this article??

Poll ended at Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:24 pm

Yes
6
46%
No
7
54%
 
Total votes : 13
Canes Skin
Posts: 6665
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:02 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA

Postby CanesSkins26 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:50 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:Sally Jenkins has been one of the Shanahan's biggest supporters since they got here. During the season you couldn't pay that woman to talk trash about them so when I read the article I was completely surprised she went at them like that.

A lot of what she said is what I hear people saying on the Metro train, the Metro bus, and the Ride-On bus.. so it's not like she's the only one with those views.

Maybe I'm interpreting it different than you guys but I agree.. and I'm not talkin about silly things that she missed, I'm talkin bout her overall point.


+1
Suck and Luck

08 Champ
Posts: 13286
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:58 pm

I'm sure there's a lot of people that 'share' Sally Jenkins views

I'm not sure what you're trying to get at here ..

anyone that shares Sally Jenkins 'views' and admits to it, is just as stupid and brain dead as she is

not saying you are lpj, but anyone else that does is for sure VERY STUPID

:twisted:
Robert Griffin will become a really good QB he's talented and smart

hopefully Kirk Cousins can make things happen till RG3 is ready to play again

HAIL


Week 3 - 27-21

Hog
Posts: 2360
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:56 am

Postby RayNAustin » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:00 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:Sally Jenkins has been one of the Shanahan's biggest supporters since they got here. During the season you couldn't pay that woman to talk trash about them so when I read the article I was completely surprised she went at them like that.

A lot of what she said is what I hear people saying on the Metro train, the Metro bus, and the Ride-On bus.. so it's not like she's the only one with those views.

Maybe I'm interpreting it different than you guys but I agree.. and I'm not talkin about silly things that she missed, I'm talkin bout her overall point.


I don't normally read much of anything in the Washington Post, because it's a long throw to get down here :wink: So I don't have a basis for judging her, nor would I judge anyone's opinion today based on other unrelated opinions past. To me, that's just massively ignorant to say that because I disagreed with your point yesterday, I shall forever disagree with you in the future. :roll: As the old saying goes, "if everyone is thinking the same thing, somebody isn't thinking".

In this case, I am in 100% total agreement with her, and if she has been up till now, a staunch supporter of the Shanaclan, then that ought to ring a freaking bell or light a bulb.

It's traditionally been accepted that Redskin fans are some of the most knowledgeable fans around ... but sadly ... I wouldn't draw such a conclusion from the responses to this issue.

The rather sycophantic blind support of the Shanahan regime is almost reminiscent of the blind political support of corrupt politicians up there.

Maybe there is something being added to the water in the District of Criminals and surrounding areas.

Hog
Posts: 2360
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:56 am

Postby RayNAustin » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:06 pm

SkinsJock wrote:I'm sure there's a lot of people that 'share' Sally Jenkins views

I'm not sure what you're trying to get at here ..

anyone that shares Sally Jenkins 'views' and admits to it, is just as stupid and brain dead as she is

not saying you are lpj, but anyone else that does is for sure VERY STUPID

:twisted:


So, if dumb ole sally said the sun would rise in the eastern sky tomorrow morning ... you'd be the first genius to disagree?

Let me put on my sunglasses ... you're blinding brilliance is greater than the Western Sunrise, and too much for my eyes :lol:

Hog
Posts: 2360
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:56 am

Postby RayNAustin » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:33 pm

Frankly, I don't think anyone, including this article lets it "all hand out", but here goes, and let the arrows fly at dumb ole Ray ...

Here's a description of how ACL injuries tend to occur:

What causes a torn ACL?

"Most anterior cruciate ligament injuries occur due to trauma, usually in a sport or fitness activity. The ligament gets stretched or tears when the foot is firmly planted, the knee locks and twists or pivots at the same time. This commonly occurs in basketball, football, soccer, and gymnastics, where a sudden change in direction stresses and damages the ligament. These injuries are usually noncontact, occur at low speed, and occur as the body is decelerating"

Now look at the play in the first quarter, just before the 2nd TD pass, and tell me that is not almost an EXACT MATCH to the action RG3 was involved when he fell in pain and ripped his helmet off?

The most reasonable conclusion is that this is when he tore his ACL, and then proceeded to play severely injured for the duration of the game. And I want to know how that can happen with an orthopedic expert on the sideline, who is expert in these matters?

This is the REAL issue .... the issue of allowing him to play on one known sprained ligament, and a newly torn ligament for the majority of the game.

I say we have a case of negligence more so than just poor judgement.

**LPJ**
Posts: 6377
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:12 am
Location: Langley Park, MD *Tick Tock*

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:45 pm

:lol:

I'm kind of confused because what did she say that has so many of you "up-in-arms"?

If you hated her articles for her always being on Shanahans..."basketball-balls" in the past, than this article is something you should appreciate because she carried the begeezes outta him this time around.

I don't know man, I guess interpretation is really a heck of a thing.

:lol:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

~~~~~~
Posts: 10208
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:59 am
Location: Canada

Postby Redskin in Canada » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:39 pm

I only have ONE question:

Who are the posters who voted YES in the Poll?

Show yourselves. :twisted:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 760
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:29 pm
Location: Washington, DC

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:48 pm

Aww that's said. I've heard from a "very reliable doctor source" that when a lady gets that yeast thing in the woo hoo they start writing pointless things to get their mind on something else.

Get well soon Sally!! DON'T SCRATCH IT!!

tribe
Posts: 6160
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:02 pm
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:56 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:I won't read it. If she's ever right about anything related to the Redskins, it's thanks to being a broken clock.

She's a critical, ugly bore, and a bad writer to boot.



I also did NOT read this article......waste of my time
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1282
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:55 pm

Postby NYFINESTSKINSFAN » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:25 pm

Good article. Hard to argue her reason.

08 Champ
Posts: 13286
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:43 pm

It really does not matter to me what Sally Jenkins write - I don't read TRASH

If she said the sun rose in the East, that would be fine - I cannot refute what I don't read :lol:
Robert Griffin will become a really good QB he's talented and smart

hopefully Kirk Cousins can make things happen till RG3 is ready to play again

HAIL


Week 3 - 27-21

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1022
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:56 pm
Location: New Jersey

Postby Hooligan » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:59 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:I only have ONE question:

Who are the posters who voted YES in the Poll?

Show yourselves. :twisted:


I voted YES to the general idea that the coach mis-handled an injured QB.
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

Hog
Posts: 523
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:25 pm
Location: Clarksburg

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:45 am

RayNAustin wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:I'm sure there's a lot of people that 'share' Sally Jenkins views

I'm not sure what you're trying to get at here ..

anyone that shares Sally Jenkins 'views' and admits to it, is just as stupid and brain dead as she is

not saying you are lpj, but anyone else that does is for sure VERY STUPID

:twisted:


So, if dumb ole sally said the sun would rise in the eastern sky tomorrow morning ... you'd be the first genius to disagree?

Let me put on my sunglasses ... you're blinding brilliance is greater than the Western Sunrise, and too much for my eyes :lol:


HA HA Blew coffee thank you... :lol:

Hog
Posts: 523
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:25 pm
Location: Clarksburg

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:49 am

Whether Sally Jenkins is a hack or not is up to interpretation, people refusing to read a very well written article to me is crazy regardless whether past articles wasn't of their liking. Hell many authors have written many books many I didn't like but I won't stop reading because I didn't like other ones. But to each his own, but I still don't understand certain people on this board that pretty much scan certain posts and make comments that really don't show your smart but pretty much a hater on all levels. It's like the guys that hated jocks in High School because they were popular and got the good looking looking girls. I mean I don't know but it seems to me on a message board there are many different views, I tend to think you attract more flies with honey than vinegar but hey again, to each his own......

**LPJ**
Posts: 6377
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:12 am
Location: Langley Park, MD *Tick Tock*

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:22 am

[quote="DaSkinz Baby"][/quote]

Just hate to use extra space while others read DSB so I just showed your name but I agree as well.

I mean, you guys NOT reading the article actually doesn't even bother me so much but if that's the case how bout you just skip over the post and stop wasting space... "I don't read trash".. "I stopped reading her stuff years ago".

Well gee thanks, so how about you don't vote and don't waste my work time that I'm using so I can have my "fix" of THN? :lol:

NYFSF said "Hard to argue her reason.".. Which leads me back to my original posting about how you couldn't pay her to dog the Shanahans this year but she put her personal fetish aside and basically voiced what we feel (if you're a Skins fan you feel this way and if you don't I question you).

Joe out. 8)
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football