Rob Parker still doesn't get it.

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Rob Parker still doesn't get it.

Postby FLWSkin » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:04 pm

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ely-sorry/

This is his so called apology. In it he says he is sorry, but still says the topic is worthy of discussion, he just didn't do it the right way. Seriously? What an idiot.

Hog

Postby aswas71788 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:41 pm

What else would you expect? Have you ever know anyone who is as self centered and blindly opinionated as he is to acknowledge that they may be the slightest bit wrong?

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:15 pm

"So yeah, I'm a racist... but I still need a job. What are you gonna do?"

Ummm... no.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:34 am

For those who missed it:

Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III said in a recent interview that he didn’t want to be defined as an African-American quarterback. One ESPN commentator says that raises questions about Griffin.

In fact, ESPN’s Rob Parker said Thursday morning on First Take that, as an African-American, he has a lot of questions about Griffin.

“My question is, and it’s just a straight, honest question: Is he a brother, or is he a cornball brother,” Parker said. “He’s not really. He’s black, he does his thing, but he’s not really down with the cause. He’s not one of us. He’s kind of black, but he’s not really like the kind of guy you really want to hang out with.”

Parker said he wants to know more about Griffin’s personal life before he can accept Griffin as authentically black.

“I want to find about him,” Parker said. “I don’t know because I keep hearing these things. We all know he has a white fiancee. Then there was all this talk about he’s a Republican, which there’s no information at all. I’m just trying to dig deeper into why he has an issue. Because we did find out with Tiger Woods, Tiger Woods was like, ‘I’ve got black skin, but don’t call me black.’ So people wondered about Tiger Woods.”

Asked by fellow panelist Skip Bayless about the fact that Griffin braids his hair, Parker said that’s an aspect of Griffin that he approves of.

“That’s different, because, to me, that’s very urban,” Parker said. “Wearing braids is, you’re a brother. You’re a brother if you’ve got braids.”

Another panelist on the show, Stephen A. Smith, said he wasn’t comfortable with how Parker had framed his argument.

“First of all, let me say this: I’m uncomfortable with where we just went,” Smith said when asked to respond to Parker. “RG3, the ethnicity or the color of his fiancee is none of our business, it’s irrelevant, he can live his life in whatever way he chooses. The braids that he has in his hair, that’s his business, that’s his life, he can live his life. I don’t judge someone’s blackness based on those kinds of things. I just don’t do that. I’m not that kind of guy.”
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:40 am

aswas71788 wrote:What else would you expect? Have you ever know anyone who is as self centered and blindly opinionated as he is to acknowledge that they may be the slightest bit wrong?

This is a prime example of being a Cornball Brother and not being down for the cause...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:44 am

DaSkinz Baby wrote:
aswas71788 wrote:What else would you expect? Have you ever know anyone who is as self centered and blindly opinionated as he is to acknowledge that they may be the slightest bit wrong?

This is a prime example of being a Cornball Brother and not being down for the cause...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think that's the definition of being a cornball PERIOD and so blindly standing for nothing, that you quite comically fall for anything. (see e.g. Rob Parker)
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

#######

Postby The Hogster » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:40 am

Ban him
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:02 pm

emoses14 wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:

I think that's the definition of being a cornball PERIOD and so blindly standing for nothing, that you quite comically fall for anything. (see e.g. Rob Parker)

+1

Hog

Postby ACW » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:40 pm

Rob Parker at it again
“It was just a conversation that’s had in the black community when athletes, or famous entertainers or whatever, push away from their people. And that’s really what it’s about. You saw it with O.J. Simpson, and some other people, where they say, ‘Well I’m not black, I’m O.J.’ So it’s more about that, not about RGIII and what’s going on. It’s more about this thing that we’ve battled for years and why people have pushed away from their people. It’s more about that.”
:facepalm:
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:49 pm

ACW wrote:Rob Parker at it again
“It was just a conversation that’s had in the black community when athletes, or famous entertainers or whatever, push away from their people. And that’s really what it’s about. You saw it with O.J. Simpson, and some other people, where they say, ‘Well I’m not black, I’m O.J.’ So it’s more about that, not about RGIII and what’s going on. It’s more about this thing that we’ve battled for years and why people have pushed away from their people. It’s more about that.”

Dear Rob Parker,

Please discontinue speaking.

Sincerely,
Humans
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby ACW » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:29 pm

DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

Hog

Postby FLWSkin » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:13 pm

ACW wrote:Rob Parker at it again

I've seen that....I am rarely speechless...but...damn....

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:11 pm

R.I.P.

Rob Parker's Career

Never Shoulda Began - Jan. 8, 2013
SPIT HAPPENS!!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:14 pm

It's ironic how both Redskins QBs lead to him being suspended & fired by two separate employers.

In 2008, Parker erroneously reported that Kirk Cousins, a quarterback for the Michigan State Spartans, was involved in a fight with members of the Michigan State hockey team. At the time of the fight, Cousins was at church with his parents. Parker was suspended by The Detroit News for 2 weeks.

His ignorant comments about RGIII in December 2012, lead to a 30 day suspension and firing today.

Our QBs continue to rack up accomplishments. Getting this loser out of a job ranks pretty high. Thanks Captain Kirk & RGIII. Job well done.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby FLWSkin » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:47 pm

Hopefully Skip Bayless will not be far behind.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football