Redskins accuse Seattle Seahawks of cheap shots

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Redskins accuse Seattle Seahawks of cheap shots

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:21 am

Richard Sherman explained his side of the events leading to Sunday's postgame face shove courtesy of Trent Williams. Now Washington Redskins players are elucidating the frustrations behind the scuffle. "There was a cheap shot -- (Seahawks defensive end) Red Bryant tried to step on (Alfred Morris) after a play and hit him in the head," Redskins fullback Darrel Young said Monday, via USA Today. "Alfred Morris is one of the nicest guys you'll meet. ... When Alfred comes to the sideline cursing, you've got a problem because this is a kid who doesn't curse."

While the alleged stomp upset the team, it was Sherman, who is becoming infamous for his ability to get under the skin of opponents, who was the chippiest Seattle Seahawk.

According to Redskins players, Sherman and Williams started chirping at each other from the game's first play, when the Seahawks cornerback allegedly started talking smack to the Redskins sideline.

Sherman "was taunting Mike Shanahan on the sideline, telling Mike, 'You can't throw over here,' Young said. "I wanted to go over and punch him myself. ... I hope we got Seattle on our schedule next year."

Unfortunately, Darrel, the teams will not play in 2013 -- unless there is a playoff rematch. We can only hope

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:23 am

In all reality the players need to shut up, regardless another team came in here and beat us. There are many scenarios we can play but the fact is we lost and this article comes from nfl.com...

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:38 am

It's too bad Sherman attempted to stomp Morris, but it's the playoffs. This type of play should be expected - especially towards one of our best players. The Skins are just looking like little "babies" by crying about "dirty" play. If the opponent plays dirty, they need to smack them in the mouth right back.

Dirty plays works if it gets ur opponent off their game and it appears it worked for SEA -- especially after hearing these statements.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:42 am

markshark84 wrote:It's too bad Sherman attempted to stomp Morris, but it's the playoffs. This type of play should be expected - especially towards one of our best players. The Skins are just looking like little "babies" by crying about "dirty" play. If the opponent plays dirty, they need to smack them in the mouth right back.

Dirty plays works if it gets ur opponent off their game and it appears it worked for SEA -- especially after hearing these statements.

+1 I would only add that this team still has a lot of growing to do. It's like they expected to simply come in and win, I think the 14-0 fast start they expected it to be easy. Darrell Young is a converted LB he needs to find that mean streak, and STFU and play. No team should come into our house and win and then have the team complain about dirty play. We had chances to exact some revenge, we didn't.......

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:49 am

DaSkinz Baby wrote:
markshark84 wrote:It's too bad Sherman attempted to stomp Morris, but it's the playoffs. This type of play should be expected - especially towards one of our best players. The Skins are just looking like little "babies" by crying about "dirty" play. If the opponent plays dirty, they need to smack them in the mouth right back.

+1 I would only add that this team still has a lot of growing to do. It's like they expected to simply come in and win, I think the 14-0 fast start they expected it to be easy. Darrell Young is a converted LB he needs to find that mean streak, and STFU and play. No team should come into our house and win and then have the team complain about dirty play. We had chances to exact some revenge, we didn't.......
+1

Agree 100%.

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:58 am

I couldn't disagree more .... the dirty stuff cannot be confused with aggressive, hard hitting football, and the mugging that these corners do on the outside is also something that should not be a part of the game .. this is football not Extreme Fighting.

And in the interviews I've seen with Morris, and in his play on the field, he is a soft spoken, humble kid ... and that type of crap ... this stomping thing is a disgusting show of unsportsmanship.

There's no place for it, and if you think there is, something in your head is haywire.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:25 pm

Not sure how stomping on someone is "expected"

but hey, what do I know :?
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog

Postby FanofallthatisGibbs » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:19 pm

RayNAustin wrote:I couldn't disagree more .... the dirty stuff cannot be confused with aggressive, hard hitting football, and the mugging that these corners do on the outside is also something that should not be a part of the game .. this is football not Extreme Fighting.

And in the interviews I've seen with Morris, and in his play on the field, he is a soft spoken, humble kid ... and that type of crap ... this stomping thing is a disgusting show of unsportsmanship.

There's no place for it, and if you think there is, something in your head is haywire.

+1 I hate whiny fans, but there is no doubt that the refs let the players play (and go overboard after the whistle).

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:07 pm

RayNAustin wrote:I couldn't disagree more .... the dirty stuff cannot be confused with aggressive, hard hitting football, and the mugging that these corners do on the outside is also something that should not be a part of the game .. this is football not Extreme Fighting.

Ray, I agree that there is no place for the head stomping. No question -- but this is the NFL and players are paid to perform well and win. As such, players are going to do what it takes to achieve these results.

In terms of the officiating, players must take what the refs give them. If the refs allow "mugging" at the line, then that is the way you play that day. You adjust. It should and is generally called both ways. In terms of the late hits, that too was both ways. The Skins were also guilty of late hits.

As far as the game ---- it didn't appear that I was watching extreme fighting. It was a physical game, but that should be expected in the playoffs.

The fact that Morris is a nice humble guy doesn't preclude him from being subject to late hits. He is an integral part of our offense --- an offense whose job it was for SEA to get off rythm. It's not personal. I am sure the SEA defenders respect Morris and that is why they were stomping him or attempting to hit him late. Morris should have been prepared for that (and I'm not saying he wasn't, but physical/cheap play in playoff games should be expected ---- if nothing else you should expect anything to happen).

I agree that this type of play shouldn't be part of the game, but players are going to do WHATEVER it takes to win the game. Do you think that late shove on RGIII wasn't COMPLETELY purposeful???? Of course it was and it took him off rythm. That cheap shove on RGIII (the one that got the unsportsmanlike penalty after the TD) could have very well been one of the primary reasons SEA won the game. It was cheap, but it was effective --- and 10 times out of 10 NFL players will do that in order to win.

It doesn't make it right, but if you don't think players are going to do ANYTHING to win -- legal or illegal -- than your head is haywire. That is the reality of the NFL.

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:18 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:Not sure how stomping on someone is "expected"

Honestly, anything that could potentially take a player out of their rythm should be expected.

I never saw a SEA player "stomp" Morris, so I would like to know what he was considering as a "stomp".
- If it was one of those knee raised to your chest and slammed down --- then sure, that shouldn't be expected; and he should (and would) be suspended; HOWEVER,
- if it was something where the Bryant conspicuously kicked Morris as Bryant was getting up from a tackle, then yes that is more common and they should expect something like that from a team like SEA. As a player, I found that type of action to be "common".

It just depends. Football is a physical game. People take shots. Whether we like it or not, it's part of the game.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:40 pm

markshark84 wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:Not sure how stomping on someone is "expected"

Honestly, anything that could potentially take a player out of their rythm should be expected.

I never saw a SEA player "stomp" Morris, so I would like to know what he was considering as a "stomp".
- If it was one of those knee raised to your chest and slammed down --- then sure, that shouldn't be expected; and he should (and would) be suspended; HOWEVER,
- if it was something where the Bryant conspicuously kicked Morris as Bryant was getting up from a tackle, then yes that is more common and they should expect something like that from a team like SEA. As a player, I found that type of action to be "common".

It just depends. Football is a physical game. People take shots. Whether we like it or not, it's part of the game.

Good point bro.. I guess when I saw the word "stomp" I had a vision of Fat Albert and his stomp. :lol:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog

Postby FLWSkin » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:47 pm

I didn't know it was expected in the course of the game to be grabbed by your facemask and be thrown to the ground. You learn more about the game every day.

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:47 pm

If mugging was allowed at the line that game, then why did the refs throw a flag on DHall for Defensive Holding? Keep in mind, this foul "occured" within five yards of the line of scrimmage -- which should be considered the chuck zone.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:01 pm

FLWSkin wrote:I didn't know it was expected in the course of the game to be grabbed by your facemask and be thrown to the ground. You learn more about the game every day.

That was pretty bad. I couldn't believe that wasn't called. At least he wasn't hurt.

Hog

Postby FLWSkin » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:10 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:
FLWSkin wrote:I didn't know it was expected in the course of the game to be grabbed by your facemask and be thrown to the ground. You learn more about the game every day.

That was pretty bad. I couldn't believe that wasn't called. At least he wasn't hurt.

What kills me about that one and many other calls this year is seeing the ref staring right at it. People don't want to believe there is a conspiracy and I don't think there really is but....damn...

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football