Double Standard

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
~~~

Postby Champsturf » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:55 am

+100
You'll always be remembered Sean. R.I.P.

Canes Skin

Re: Double Standard

Postby CanesSkins26 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:28 am

funsho2 wrote:Christian Ponder gets injured while throwing the pocket ...then missed a playoff game...nobody said nothing...analyst didn't make any fuss about it....but when it comes to rg3 everything changes....people like trent dilfer saying he needs to learn how to be a pocket passer....who thought before the season started the this team will win the division? ....the way rg3 played this offense is what carried us here....the only knock is that he should step out of bounds more and slide.....but these are the same people now that are having problem with the way rg3 plays

The offense absolutely needs to be changed for RGIII's next season to make him stay in the pocket more and run less. Anyone that thinks otherwise needs to have their head examined. Griffin has played in 17 games and gotten knocked out of 3, picked up a concussion, a sprained LCL and what appears to at least be partial tears of one or more knee ligaments in the same knee that he injured in 2009.

It was awesome watching RGIII run this offense this year but it's clearly not sustainable for him. He has the talent to be an elite passing quarterback in the NFL so the offense needs to be adapted to keep him in the pocket more and running much, much less.
Suck and Luck

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:17 am

I'm hoping that WHEN we see RG3 playing QB, he and Kyle CONTINUE to game plan and execute the offense that both takes advantage of RG3's talents AND ....... CONTINUES to take advantage of all the offensive player's talents

I do not believe that Kyle or Mike will take ANY undue risk with this incredible talent that is RG3 - at the same time I think they will CONTINUE to ADAPT and TAKE FULL ADVANTAGE of the talents of all their offensive players

I just want this kid to get better really quickly and get back behind center ASAP

EVERYBODY will LEARN from this
Hail to the Redskins

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:20 am

CanesSkins26 wrote:The offense absolutely needs to be changed for RGIII's next season to make him stay in the pocket more and run less. Anyone that thinks otherwise needs to have their head examined. Griffin has played in 17 games and gotten knocked out of 3, picked up a concussion, a sprained LCL and what appears to at least be partial tears of one or more knee ligaments in the same knee that he injured in 2009.

It was awesome watching RGIII run this offense this year but it's clearly not sustainable for him. He has the talent to be an elite passing quarterback in the NFL so the offense needs to be adapted to keep him in the pocket more and running much, much less.

+1

And the Vikings have Joe Webb as their backup, a guy who's last snap during a regular game was in January of last year. We have a guy who's proven he can come in and win games under pressure as our backup. The comparison is apples and oranges, IMO.

Hog

Postby funsho2 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:35 am

CanesSkins26 wrote:
funsho2 wrote:Christian Ponder gets injured while throwing the pocket ...then missed a playoff game...nobody said nothing...analyst didn't make any fuss about it....but when it comes to rg3 everything changes....people like trent dilfer saying he needs to learn how to be a pocket passer....who thought before the season started the this team will win the division? ....the way rg3 played this offense is what carried us here....the only knock is that he should step out of bounds more and slide.....but these are the same people now that are having problem with the way rg3 plays

The offense absolutely needs to be changed for RGIII's next season to make him stay in the pocket more and run less. Anyone that thinks otherwise needs to have their head examined. Griffin has played in 17 games and gotten knocked out of 3, picked up a concussion, a sprained LCL and what appears to at least be partial tears of one or more knee ligaments in the same knee that he injured in 2009.

I agree with you said but you shouldn't take away rg3's running....and just make him solely a pocket passer.....rg3 needs to be smart about his running....ala running out of bounds and sliding...instead of running in the middle of the field that leads to hit like the one he got from ngata.

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:42 am

Give him time, he was a rookie this year after all.

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:51 am

funsho2 wrote:
CanesSkins26 wrote:

I agree with you said but you shouldn't take away rg3's running....and just make him solely a pocket passer.....rg3 needs to be smart about his running....ala running out of bounds and sliding...instead of running in the middle of the field that leads to hit like the one he got from ngata.

I'm not saying take away all of it, but it needs to be reduced significantly. We have a qb that can be an elite passer and for much of this season he was essentially a running quarterback. RGIII rushed 120 times during the regular season. By comparison, Michael Vick's career high is 123, yet Griffin is a far superior passer than Vick. Griffin was exposed far too much this season, partially because of the offense and partially because of his decisions. Hopefully both he and the coaches learn from this situation and develop an adjust the offense to better protect him from injury.
Suck and Luck

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:55 pm

Canes - I think that both Kyle and RG3 changed the way they did things as the season progressed

I look for more "growing together" - RG3's ability to use his speed HAS TO BE a part of his 'game'

RG3 and Kyle will not be taking as many chances, for sure, but I look for them to CONTINUE to exploit that speed
Hail to the Redskins

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football