RG3's knee - who do we really believe & trust here?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:09 pm

OK - and I guess that we can assume that the coach did in fact 'discuss' the injury with Dr Andrews ....

despite, what Dr Andrews said .... :roll:

there seems to be a lot of "failure to communicate" here :wink:
We are very fortunate to have Kirk Cousins but Griffin has a huge upside IMO

Robert needs to continue to get better and to do that he needs time on the field - hopefully sooner than later

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

Hog

Postby TimSkin » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:33 pm

You would think with Dr. Andrews right there on the sideline that he would be telling Shanny too get him out of the game. You could see him standing right behind Shanny in a couple shots so I'm guessing he was in his a ear a few times. All I can say is I hope that knee heals up nice and healthy for a deep playoff run next year!!!!
HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:25 pm

Watch RGIII postgame press conference

This is what Shanahan got from RGIII. No lies. RG asked to play and he had earned it. He was not well be still wanted to play.

END OF STORY.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:29 pm

I think that any doubts about whether RB3's knee injury was being downplayed and sugar coated, must now be abandoned, as it was clearly an issue, and particularly after the re-injury in the 2nd Quarter, but was showing before that.

He should have been pulled at half time, and I find it outrageous that it had to come down to him being on the ground ... unable to get up, and physically unable to be on the field for that decision to make itself.

Shanahan claims that he listened to RG3, who promised he could continue, but we all saw him out there limping ... we saw the uncharacteristic misfires and inaccuracy from the 2nd Quarter to the end, and no doubt because he couldn't drive off that leg.

Given that we could barely do a thing on offense after the re-injury, the right call would have ben to put Cousins out there to start the second half. I think we would have won the game had that decision been made.

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:13 am

Here's a copy/paste from an online source about knee sprain degrees. Based on just observation from watching tv (and hopes), it doesn't seem that RG3 would have a 3rd degree sprain. Beyond that I won't speculate because I don't know anything about knee injuries.

Anyway here's what I found:

"In the knee, both sprains and strains are evaluated according to the amount of looseness (laxity or instability) and loss of function that they cause.

A first-degree injury stretches the ligament or muscle tendon unit, but does not cause significant structural damage or weakness. First-degree sprains are characterized by minimal swelling (edema), localized pain and tenderness, and no marked instability.

The individual with first-degree sprains may perform activities within the limits of pain tolerance without causing further damage to the knee.

A second-degree injury partially disrupts and weakens the ligament or muscle tendon unit. Second-degree sprains are characterized by partial tears, moderately localized pain and tenderness, and mild instability. The injured structure must be protected from stress for a period of about 6 weeks in order to prevent further injury.

A third-degree injury is one in which the ligament or muscle tendon unit is completely disrupted. Third-degree sprains exhibit complete tears, mild to pronounced edema, and clear instability. Third degree damage requires a long period of protection from stress and often surgical repair. "

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:33 am

Redskin in Canada wrote:Watch RGIII postgame press conference

This is what Shanahan got from RGIII. No lies. RG asked to play and he had earned it. He was not well be still wanted to play.

END OF STORY.

I agree that we all need to move on

I also hope that the knee will NOT be an issue with RG3 going forward

no worries here - I'm very glad that nothing really bad happened

the only minor point I have is that Mike Shanahan and Dr Andrews seem to have very different recall of how things went down in Baltimore and then later

we've had a great season and I cannot wait to see this team defend the NFC East title next season with a fully rehabbed RG3

Robert needs to continue to get better and to do that he needs time on the field - hopefully sooner than later

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:36 am

I'm so disappointed in RGIII and Mike. Just sad.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:55 am

I'm hearing that it was a MCL tear.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby absinthe1023 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:53 pm

You know what they say about assumptions. It's better to just wait for the official word than speculate based on unsubstantiated reports.
"No one played with more heart."

-Clinton Portis on Sean Taylor

As of 11/27/07, I resolve to never again read any version of the Washington Post.

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:56 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:I'm hearing that it was a MCL tear.

At this point, I'm hearing and reading everything from broken fingernail to severed head.

Quantity of information is very different to quality :-(
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Hog

Postby FLWSkin » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:08 pm

I'm hearing ACL and PCL and he won't play next year. Shanny preser in an hour. We will know then.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:13 pm

THIS is all a load of BS - STOP the deception, PLEASE

NOBODY really has a clue of what is wrong with this knee and ALL of the speculation stuff is just really over the top

I'm really not able to believe this could be as bad as some are reporting

AND

no matter what RG3 'told' Mike and Dr Andrews - BOTH of them had to have had an idea that his knee was an 'issue' - didn't they?

WHY was he allowed to continue playing - not only was the knee at risk - but the Redskins offense was ineffective with him at QB

WHY couldn't Kyle see that?

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:38 pm

latest press conference:

Andrews backtracked from earlier statements in a Monday report in USA Today, saying he didn't remember if he and Shanahan had a conversation.

"It was the circumstances," Andrews said. "A lot of players get hurt and they don't want the staff to look at them. We've been told not to run after every player we think may be hurt. They're so upset they might turn around and punch you. That's a very common situation and not one that you can control. Robert just ran right back out there, and I think we figured he was okay. It was a mess."
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

swine

Postby RG3peat » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:13 pm

DC aint nothing but propaganda.....Sugarcoating everything...EVERY player wants to stay in BUT Shanny has to be like a father and do whats best for his son and the rest of his children (team). Without the news of partial tears....he should have been pulled....STOP IT!!! Your telling me that a 100% Cousins would not have fared well? Not on last drive down by 10 and the defense teeing OFF....SOONER...there was at least 1 3rd down when RG could have gimped for it but he decided to try and use 100% arm strength to throw passes....in the dirt and sailing high is because he couldnt plant and DRIVE through the throws...his throwing was impacted just as much as his running.....NOW you compramised next season at least....GREAT COACHING JOB!!!! Was it an old tear?.....bullpucky...wasnt from last ACL...as he tore the league up....these are NEW tears and the brace maybe saved him from total tears...He would have not lost ANY respect from teamates or anyone else with a head on their shoulders if he was pulled or pulled himself.....like he did against the Ravens.....there is NO way to evaluate a tear without an MRI on the sideline....just speculation or a "possibility" of an injury.....unless its blown out.

Postby blackQB » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:04 pm

The responsibility lies WITH THE COACH & STAFF. Yesterday was just another offering of Mike Shanahan goofing up a situation. Ray Charles could see that Griffin needed to be yanked after the out of bounds play nearing the second Redskins touchdown. Shanahan just showed once again that he's not in control here. All I hear is cop outs and excuses. HE screwed this up, plain & simple.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football