Rob Jackson: re-sign the man

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:00 pm

riggofan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
riggofan wrote:And I hate to bring this up, but London Fletcher is a couple million $$s too. What do you do if its a choice between him and Rob Jackson? That could be a tough call.

A call we wouldn't have to make. They play different positions.

You're not serious, are you? Good grief.

I'm talking about the cap space issue. Not keeping Rob Jackson to play Fletcher's position. If it came down to money, and you can only afford to keep one of them, which one would you keep.

You don't understand my issue with that? Since they play different positions, it wouldn't come down to those two. You may as well have said Josh LeRibeus and Fletcher. You would keep both, and get rid of another player further down the depth chart at a position where we have an excess.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:10 am

Deadskins wrote:
riggofan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
riggofan wrote:And I hate to bring this up, but London Fletcher is a couple million $$s too. What do you do if its a choice between him and Rob Jackson? That could be a tough call.

I'm talking about the cap space issue. Not keeping Rob Jackson to play Fletcher's position. If it came down to money, and you can only afford to keep one of them, which one would you keep.

You don't understand my issue with that? Since they play different positions, it wouldn't come down to those two. You may as well have said Josh LeRibeus and Fletcher. You would keep both, and get rid of another player further down the depth chart at a position where we have an excess.

Its just a hypothetical - I didn't ask how realistic it was. I asked what if you had to make a choice between these two players. If you don't want to consider the possibility however remote, then don't. You're being argumentative about nothing.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:15 pm

riggofan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
riggofan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

Its just a hypothetical - I didn't ask how realistic it was. I asked what if you had to make a choice between these two players. If you don't want to consider the possibility however remote, then don't. You're being argumentative about nothing.

Purely hypothetically I would keep Jackson, and try and get London to retire, but your original proposition didn't seem so hypothetical. Seems like you were putting it out there as a distinct possibility. Like I said, you find someone further down the depth chart to cut, or renegotiate contracts so you could keep both.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football