Mara's Crew

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:12 am

Link

NFC Wild Card: Seahawks at Redskins, 4:30 p.m. (Fox)

Pete Morelli is the referee, who is in his 16th year and 11th as referee. This is his 12th postseason assignment (6 Wild Card Playoffs, 4 Divisional Playoffs, and 2 Conference Championships).

Yr. Crew College Occupation
R 135 Pete Morelli 16 St Mary’s high school principal
U 71 Ruben Fowler 7 Leavy Huston-Tillotson retired firefighter
HL 8 Dana McKenzie 5 Morelli Toledo claims adjuster
LJ 9 Mark Perlman 12 Leavy Salem teacher
FJ 89 Jon Lucivansky 4 Morelli Minnesota high school associate principal
SJ 97 Tom Hill 14 Winter Carson Newman teacher
BJ 133 Steve Freeman 12 Triplette Mississippi State custom home builder
Alternates: Jeff Triplette (backfield), Adrian Hill (linesman), Dave Wyant (deep)
Replay official: Tommy Moore
Replay assistant: Bud Alexander
Supervisor: Neely Dunn
Observer: Jim Duke

All three worked the game that Dana McKenzie said DeAngelo Hall threatened to kill him.
:shock:
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:42 am

1niksder wrote:Link

NFC Wild Card: Seahawks at Redskins, 4:30 p.m. (Fox)

Pete Morelli is the referee, who is in his 16th year and 11th as referee. This is his 12th postseason assignment (6 Wild Card Playoffs, 4 Divisional Playoffs, and 2 Conference Championships).

Yr. Crew College Occupation
R 135 Pete Morelli 16 St Mary’s high school principal
U 71 Ruben Fowler 7 Leavy Huston-Tillotson retired firefighter
HL 8 Dana McKenzie 5 Morelli Toledo claims adjuster
LJ 9 Mark Perlman 12 Leavy Salem teacher
FJ 89 Jon Lucivansky 4 Morelli Minnesota high school associate principal
SJ 97 Tom Hill 14 Winter Carson Newman teacher
BJ 133 Steve Freeman 12 Triplette Mississippi State custom home builder
Alternates: Jeff Triplette (backfield), Adrian Hill (linesman), Dave Wyant (deep)
Replay official: Tommy Moore
Replay assistant: Bud Alexander
Supervisor: Neely Dunn
Observer: Jim Duke

All three worked the game that Dana McKenzie said DeAngelo Hall threatened to kill him.
:shock:

You just know that Mara will make us beat both Seattle and the refs. I just find it unbelievable that the NFL would assign Dana to this game. They removed a replacement ref because of an assumed bias. I don't see how this is any different. We need to start a tweet campaign to get him removed.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:45 am

Deadskins wrote:You just know that Mara will make us beat both Seattle and the refs. I just find it unbelievable that the NFL would assign Dana to this game. They removed a replacement ref because of an assumed bias. I don't see how this is any different. We need to start a tweet campaign to get him removed.

Conflict averted

It appears that DeAngelo Hall's favorite ref won't work Sunday's Redskins playoff game after all.

Dana McKenzie, who was involved in a confrontation with Hall during the Redskins' 27-12 loss at Pittsburgh on Oct. 28, had been assigned to the Seahawks-Redskins game, according to The Free Lance-Star.

But now he won't, although the others in that officiating crew still will work the game, The Free Lance-Star said. McKenzie will handle Colts-Ravens in Baltimore instead.

Back in October, Hall was ejected from the game and later fined $30,000. The altercation began because the former Deep Creek and Virginia Tech standout complained after a play in which there was a lot of contact between himself and Pittsburgh receiver Emmanuel Sanders.

..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:32 pm

I have not rewatched the game yet, I was a little buzzed when I watched it live, and I generally do not like to blame refs.

Having said all that it seemed like we got abused. I feel like I saw Garcon get thrown to the ground at least twice by his facemask right in front of a ref with no call. I'm sure I saw Moss get tackled clearly before a ball hit him in the hands right in front of a ref. When teams realize they can do stuff like that they keep doing it. I also remember a drive being extended because Hall chucked a guy at the line of scrimmage.

Ultimately, a healthy Griff crushes them anyway but these seemed like horrible calls/non-calls.

Anyone?
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:48 pm

DarthMonk wrote:I have not rewatched the game yet, I was a little buzzed when I watched it live, and I generally do not like to blame refs.

Having said all that it seemed like we got abused. I feel like I saw Garcon get thrown to the ground at least twice by his facemask right in front of a ref with no call. I'm sure I saw Moss get tackled clearly before a ball hit him in the hands right in front of a ref. When teams realize they can do stuff like that they keep doing it. I also remember a drive being extended because Hall chucked a guy at the line of scrimmage.

Ultimately, a healthy Griff crushes them anyway but these seemed like horrible calls/non-calls.

Anyone?

That's really one of the perks of NOT going to the game as you get to see so many things on TV that we can't while there. Plus the wife and I were so a taaaaaaaaaaaad-bit intoxicated so you already know how that worked out Darth. :lol:

Of course a smart person like myself didn't even think of recording it. #-o
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:44 pm

DarthMonk wrote:I have not rewatched the game yet, I was a little buzzed when I watched it live, and I generally do not like to blame refs.

Anyone?

There were dozens of non-calls to help the Shehawks. I knew we would have to beat both Seattle and the refs. Unfortunately, that's hard to do when your QB is gimpy and the OC takes the football out of your RB's hands. RG3's INT should have been PI. The CB tackled Garcon, and the safety was able to make an easy play on the ball underneath.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Around the League