Collinsworth the biggest anti-Redskin announcer?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
cleg

Postby cleg » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:39 pm

A buddy of mine grew up a big Bengles fan in Wilimington, OH where the Bengles used to have camp. He said of all the players he met back then only Collingsworth was the one that was a huge jerk to the fans - would not even acknowlede them. He has a bad character.
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

#######

Postby The Hogster » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:49 pm

cleg wrote:A buddy of mine grew up a big Bengles fan in Wilimington, OH where the Bengles used to have camp. He said of all the players he met back then only Collingsworth was the one that was a huge jerk to the fans - would not even acknowlede them. He has a bad character.

I used to like him on Inside the NFL. His self deprecating humor made him watchable. But, he comes off as a pompous douche as a broad caster. I don't hear as much bias as others, but he's not someone I'd care to listen to.

Today I prefer:

Al Michaels
Mike Tirico
Joe Buck
Jon Gruden
Phil Simms (even though he can be arrogant)

All in all, I grew up on: John Madden, Pat Summerall, Dick Enberg, Frank Gifford, Dan Dierdorf, Marv Albert, Bob Costas. Those were the best voices in sports.

I used to hate Joe Buck, but he's grown on me. He's better calling MLB than the NFL, but he's still decent.

Jaworski always got on my nerves.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football