Hello Skins From A Seahawk

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog
User avatar
Posts: 760
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:29 pm
Location: Washington, DC

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:30 pm

Probably would get booed off the site for this post lol...

Seahawks are the one team in the NFL that scares me. Mainly because of their aggressiveness which doesn't mix well with a team who has been very injury prone. As I heard someone say on a youtube comment a few weeks ago, "they play angry."

Other than that, Skins have the ability to win for sure, and even win beyond that. Their fate is in their own hands...just praying we don't get any injuries during this game.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1207
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:55 pm

Postby NYFINESTSKINSFAN » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:45 pm

HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:Probably would get booed off the site for this post lol...

Seahawks are the one team in the NFL that scares me. Mainly because of their aggressiveness which doesn't mix well with a team who has been very injury prone. As I heard someone say on a youtube comment a few weeks ago, "they play angry."

Other than that, Skins have the ability to win for sure, and even win beyond that. Their fate is in their own hands...just praying we don't get any injuries during this game.


So we are playing the Angry Birds. lol

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 760
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:29 pm
Location: Washington, DC

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:04 pm

NYFINESTSKINSFAN wrote:
HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:Probably would get booed off the site for this post lol...

Seahawks are the one team in the NFL that scares me. Mainly because of their aggressiveness which doesn't mix well with a team who has been very injury prone. As I heard someone say on a youtube comment a few weeks ago, "they play angry."

Other than that, Skins have the ability to win for sure, and even win beyond that. Their fate is in their own hands...just praying we don't get any injuries during this game.


So we are playing the Angry Birds. lol


HAHA!! Doesn't seem as scary now...damn cartoons

~~~~~~
Posts: 10208
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:59 am
Location: Canada

Postby Redskin in Canada » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:11 pm

So, the QHAWK fan did not come back to debate the game. :roll:

No problem. THN is a class act and we will welcome him again if he returns.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

newbie
User avatar
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:59 pm

Postby Silnwest » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:27 pm

Hello, another Seahawks fan here. I figured I would step up and discuss some football with you guys since the OP bowed out.

To say the Redskins will win by 10 or 20 sounds pretty ambitious. The Seahawks have lost by 7 only once this year (to the excellent 49ers, in which several big catches were dropped) every other loss was within 2-6 points, and I could tell you very easily how we lost those games and how it won't happen again. (I won't bore you with that unless someone asks though)

The Seahawks should win this game. Our offenses are similar in skill, but our defense is in my opinion the best in the NFL. Only one team has scored more than 24 points against us, with most other teams hovering around our average ppg allowed of 15.3. The Patriots scored 23 on us, and the packers only scored 12.

Russell Wilson wants to be down with 2 minutes left, and needing to score to win or tie the game. He lives for those moments, and I believe that at the end of the game he will be in that situation. He will score, and we will win.

RG3 is a similar player in that he has that same determination and confidence that Wilson has. Unfortunately for him, our defense will not allow him to win this game. Our corner backs will blanket his receivers, our defensive line will tackle him HARD if he tries to make a first down with his legs. Our safeties will punish anyone who attempts a catch over the middle. We will enforce our will on the Redskins.

All that being said, The Redskins are a good team, and are playing at home. Alfred Morris will get his rushing yards, and RG3 will get his as well. Our defense will keep this game close, but if our offense can perform up to the level I have begun to expect... The Seahawks will win.

Also, we have never needed to pipe in noise into our stadium, every investigation into it has proven that it doesn't happen. As Redskins fans, I would think you should understand how much passion the 12th man brings.

*edit* Also, we don't suck on the road, we're just really awesome at home. Every road game we've lost this year was heartbreaking because we were in the game until the final 5 minutes or so, but just came up a little short.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 3159
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:13 pm
Location: Virginia

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:53 pm

OK Sea-chickens fans, your THREE road wins came against Carolina, Chicago, and Buffalo. Whoop-de-friggin-doo. :roll:

Last weekend you beat St. Louis by 7 -- at home. Huzzah!

In your place, you held Adrian Peterson to a pawltry 182 rushing yards. Take the rest of the week off!

Coming out of the bye, you lost to Miami on the road. D'oh!

You guys can beat your chests all you want, but the fact is all this noise started with putting up 58 against a woeful Cardinals team (in your place) that couldn't beat Nick Saban's Alabama squad.

Then you followed that up by hanging 50 on a Buffalo team that should have stayed in Canada and applied for entry in the CFL.

You lost at Detroit.

You let Frank Gore run up 131 yards in a loss at San Francisco.

AND, Green Bay beat you. You know that, though.

Stop talking trash. Our SKins will beat your Sea-Chickens and we won't hear from you anymore. Around here we call that a Win-Win. 8)

newbie
User avatar
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:59 pm

Postby Silnwest » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:28 pm

Burgundy&Wha? wrote:OK Sea-chickens fans, your THREE road wins came against Carolina, Chicago, and Buffalo. Whoop-de-friggin-doo. :roll:

Last weekend you beat St. Louis by 7 -- at home. Huzzah!

In your place, you held Adrian Peterson to a pawltry 182 rushing yards. Take the rest of the week off!

Coming out of the bye, you lost to Miami on the road. D'oh!

You guys can beat your chests all you want, but the fact is all this noise started with putting up 58 against a woeful Cardinals team (in your place) that couldn't beat Nick Saban's Alabama squad.

Then you followed that up by hanging 50 on a Buffalo team that should have stayed in Canada and applied for entry in the CFL.

You lost at Detroit.

You let Frank Gore run up 131 yards in a loss at San Francisco.

AND, Green Bay beat you. You know that, though.

Stop talking trash. Our SKins will beat your Sea-Chickens and we won't hear from you anymore. Around here we call that a Win-Win. 8)


We beat the Rams at home by 7 huh? Who else has beaten the Rams within our division this year I wonder... oh that's right nobody. The Rams are a good team, and you guys will find that out next year when they use all the draft picks you gave them for RG3. They will become a winning football team next year, with an amazing defensive line and a good young quarterback. (They also beat you guys earlier in the year...)

Adrian Peterson got 182 yards huh? How did we let a bum like him gain so many yards on us.... its not like he is the best running back in the NFL and has been since he entered the league. Who won that game despite that again?

That Miami loss friggin hurt, and I won't try and defend that one. We played like crap, and lost to a crappy team. Just like you guys lost to the Panthers earlier in the year, those kinds of games happen.

Yes we put up 58 on Arizona and 50 on the Bills. Uhh, I'm sorry? I still think thats pretty impressive, even if both teams are pretty horrible. Although the Cardinals are a top 10 defense.

If you want to watch that Detroit game, you will see that Stafford played out of his mind. It was pretty ridiculous how well he played. They didn't know they were gonna be the Lions of old instead of the 2011 lions at that point of the season though.

Once again, Frank Gore what a bum getting 131 yards against us. That dude is a monster, just like Marshawn is a monster against the 49ers. Both players always get their yards.

Green Bay beat us huh? The score board says we won, but I agree with you that it was a bad call to end the game with. I honestly wish that we could have replayed that game with good officiating, because we would've won anyways. There were a lot of bad calls in that game, but because the last one was the most important, it is the only one that ends up counting.

Sea-chickens? That's not even terribly clever. Was that really necessary? I like the Redskins, although I don't get a chance to watch them very often. I won't post around here again if we win the game, until we play again some other season, but if we lose I'll come back and give you guys some props. I'm not saying the Redskins can't win, because they are a very good football team. I just think that if the Seahawks plays a solid football game, they should win.

Here's to a good game on Sunday, and hopefully there won't be any bad calls or injuries! :D

Skins History Buff
Posts: 4836
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:36 pm
Location: New York, NY

Postby welch » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:30 pm

This is odd because I know almost nothing about the Seahawks. I pay attention to the NFC East. Saw the Seahawks on Sunday against the Rams.

Impressions:

- Seahawks rookie QB is no slouch, Looks smaller and s,lower than Griffin, and does not seem to have Griffin's arm, but the kid is very good.

- Seattle, as a team, looks thinner and quicker than a typical NFC East team. More like a dome-team. Don't know if Seattle is as good outside on grass in the cold.

- Redskin run defense is fine, but the Skins cannot cover anyone. (The defensive backs that will take the team to the Super Bowl are probably in college). Haslett compensates by blitzing all he time, running different players to disguise it. I don't know if that will work against Seattle.

- Redskin offense should do well against anyone. Morris somehow finds the hole...great at cutting to just the right spot. At QB, this might be the week that Griffin takes off the knee brace. If so, he is the best QB playing...he and Long might be the model QBs of the future.

newbie
User avatar
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:59 pm

Postby Silnwest » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:52 pm

welch wrote:This is odd because I know almost nothing about the Seahawks. I pay attention to the NFC East. Saw the Seahawks on Sunday against the Rams.

Impressions:

- Seahawks rookie QB is no slouch, Looks smaller and s,lower than Griffin, and does not seem to have Griffin's arm, but the kid is very good.

- Seattle, as a team, looks thinner and quicker than a typical NFC East team. More like a dome-team. Don't know if Seattle is as good outside on grass in the cold.

- Redskin run defense is fine, but the Skins cannot cover anyone. (The defensive backs that will take the team to the Super Bowl are probably in college). Haslett compensates by blitzing all he time, running different players to disguise it. I don't know if that will work against Seattle.

- Redskin offense should do well against anyone. Morris somehow finds the hole...great at cutting to just the right spot. At QB, this might be the week that Griffin takes off the knee brace. If so, he is the best QB playing...he and Long might be the model QBs of the future.


- Yea Russell is smaller and a bit slower than griffin, but griffin is an athletic freak, and Russell is plenty fast enough. He also does a better job than Griffin at avoiding punishment, once Griffin can figure that out he will be even scarier. Russell's arm is very good as well, its a lot stronger than people give him credit for. That being said, Griffins has a rocket, and gets a slight edge here as well.

-We aren't really thinner, but we are definitely quicker. Our staff emphasizes size and speed at every position, and then trusts in our coaches to teach them everything else they lack. Our linebackers all have 4.5-4.6 speed with the old man Leroy Hill injured and then losing his job to Malcolm Smith. Our stadium is outside as well, with temperatures averaging around 40-45, but it does have artificial turf. Every time we played on grass this year we have played well though, but I am definitely concerned about the Grass at Fedex.

-Wilson has been doing great against the blitz until last week. The Rams IMO has one of the best D-lines in the NFL though, and their defensive tackles are truly amazing. The first half they got a ton of pressure on us, and then we shored that up during half-time and started shredding them when they tried to blitz. We actually have a 7th round defensive lineman playing guard, not because of injuries but just because he demanded playing time. He is an amazing run-blocker, and is coming along in Pass-pro well. He beat out John Moffit not because Moffit is a bad player, but Sweezy has just been playing so well.

-Yeah, you guys will get your yards in the run game, but it is VERY hard to pass against the hawks. We have the best secondary in the NFL, with Sherman and Browner at defensive back, and Kam chancelor and Earl Thomas at safety. Kam hits like a mack truck, and Earl has legit speed, able to cover the whole field from sideline to sideline. Our nickel back however worries me. Trufant is getting a little long in the tooth, and if you guys find success through the air it will be in the slot. If one of our rookie CB's starts at the slot though, I would feel better. Byron Maxwell, and Jeremy Lane IMO are both superior to Trufant in both the slot, and outside positions.

I have a couple questions if you guys don't mind.

-Do you think Alfred Morris is more a product of his offensive line and running qb, or is he legitimately one of the best backs in the league?

-Is RG3 really that amazingly accurate that he doesn't ever throw picks, or has he been getting some lucky bounces?

-Who gets the pressure on the d-line? Do you collapse the pocket with the lineman, or do most of your sacks and pressures come from the blitz?

FanFromAnnapolis
Posts: 10997
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:01 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:41 pm

Thanks for coming to play ball, Silnwest. :up: We sometimes give outsiders a hard time but also appreciate it when knowledgeable fans from other teams show up to stir up discussion.

I wish I had more time for back and forth and asking you questions, but I can answer the few you put out:

Silnwest wrote:I have a couple questions if you guys don't mind.

-Do you think Alfred Morris is more a product of his offensive line and running qb, or is he legitimately one of the best backs in the league?

I don't think our offensive line is particularly great, so a fair bit of Morris's success is attributable to his running. We had essentially the same offensive line and scheme last year and no running back had quite the same success, though it did make two other rookies (Helu and Royster) look pretty good. But no Redskins RB has ever had this level of success, so we are high on Morris and his talent.

-Is RG3 really that amazingly accurate that he doesn't ever throw picks, or has he been getting some lucky bounces?

I would say that he has so few picks because (a) he reads defenses very well, (b) he's accurate, (c) he doesn't force it, and (d) he hasn't thrown nearly as much downfield as other QBs.

(a), (b), and (c) are to Griffin's credit, and (d) comes from coaching/playcalling and the strength of his running ability. Surely if Griffin was playing the same kind of gameplan that Indy gives to Luck, he'd have many more picks.

Good bounces, it is hard to say. Our receivers have dropped so many passes this year, and only one that I can recall was subsequently picked off. That's good luck. His interceptions have mostly come on overthrows.

-Who gets the pressure on the d-line? Do you collapse the pocket with the lineman, or do most of your sacks and pressures come from the blitz?

Definitely from our blitzing. We have gotten a lot more pressure the past several weeks than we were getting early in the year. I think QB pressure is still one of our weak points. They have come up big in big moments, but that doesn't mean we are getting steady pressure throughout the game, which with a talent like Wilson is very worrisome.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15880
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:44 pm

Silnwest wrote:Russell Wilson wants to be down with 2 minutes left, and needing to score to win or tie the game. He lives for those moments, and I believe that at the end of the game he will be in that situation. He will score, and we will win.

Not against us he doesn't, because we will go on a long, methodical, time eating drive to seal the deal, and he will never get the opportunity.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15880
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:47 pm

Silnwest wrote:Every road game we've lost this year was heartbreaking because we were in the game until the final 5 minutes or so, but just came up a little short.

The same has happened to us in every loss this year, though not just on the road.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

newbie
User avatar
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:59 pm

Postby Silnwest » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:54 pm

Deadskins wrote:
Silnwest wrote:Russell Wilson wants to be down with 2 minutes left, and needing to score to win or tie the game. He lives for those moments, and I believe that at the end of the game he will be in that situation. He will score, and we will win.

Not against us he doesn't, because we will go on a long, methodical, time eating drive to seal the deal, and he will never get the opportunity.


That's probably my biggest fear for this game. If you guys get the ball with a lead and 5 minutes left, I feel like your run game is strong enough to keep the ball out of Wilson's hands. It won't be easy on the Skins, because we have some defenders who can Will a win just like Wilson can, but Griffin and Morris have that as well.

If Wilson can get the ball at the end of the game and needing to score though, he will.

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15880
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:55 pm

Silnwest wrote:We beat the Rams at home by 7 huh? Who else has beaten the Rams within our division this year I wonder... oh that's right nobody. The Rams are a good team, and you guys will find that out next year when they use all the draft picks you gave them for RG3. They will become a winning football team next year, with an amazing defensive line and a good young quarterback. (They also beat you guys earlier in the year...)

They beat us kind of like you beat the Packers. It was a replacement ref aided victory.

Silnwest wrote:Adrian Peterson got 182 yards huh? How did we let a bum like him gain so many yards on us.... its not like he is the best running back in the NFL and has been since he entered the league. Who won that game despite that again?

We held AP to 79 yards and also beat the Vikings. Our secondary may be decimated by injuries and a suspension, but we are #5 against the run.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15880
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:01 am

welch wrote:The defensive backs that will take the team to the Super Bowl are probably in college.

Psst Welch, we're going to the SB this year. 8)
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football