Hello Skins From A Seahawk

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ
Posts: 13139
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:55 pm

I do not think the Seahawks will play badly SIMPLY because they don't have the advantage of the piped in noise helping them - this is a good team playing well at the end of the season - this Seahawks defense is playing very well - SIMPLY PUT - The Seahawks are very much like the Redskins - they are playing well at the right time

Russell Wilson is a very talented QB that is taking advantage of an OC that is using his talents well

The Seahawks have a better defense than ours right now

it will be interesting to see both offenses because our offense is a little more varied and Morris IMO is a better RB than Lynch

The Seahawks have a better special teams group than the Redskins right now



HOWEVER

we can win this game against a better team simply because we are playing better - stats mean NOTHING at this time of year

this game comes down to a better team playing against a team that really believes they can win this game, this week :lol:

I really think we will beat the Seahawks and it has nothing to do with piped in noise or payback for 2005 or 2007



THIS Redskins' team just wants to win this game, this week :D



icing on the cake is what it is
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 3171
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:13 pm
Location: Virginia

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:55 pm

Countertrey wrote:
Redskin in Canada wrote: There will be NO SOUND PIPING in favor of the Hawks at the Stadium: advantage Redskins.

Payback time. :twisted:


Beyond that, the house is sold out... There will not be a lot of Squawk fans there... they don't travel, like some team's fans do... it's going to be loud...

Danny needs to spring for an acoustical roof over the sidelines... make it even louder.


While there have been, and are, things to complain about regarding The Danny, I do think if presented with a plan and the costs for such a thing, he would spend the money for it. He does love this team and wants to give us all the advantages we can possibly get.

Now, if he did it Mara would force the league to make Danny give 25% of our home game tickets to Gints fans, but that's another issue entirely. :roll:

the 'mudge
Posts: 14377
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:59 pm

Burgundy&Wha? wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
Redskin in Canada wrote: There will be NO SOUND PIPING in favor of the Hawks at the Stadium: advantage Redskins.

Payback time. :twisted:


Beyond that, the house is sold out... There will not be a lot of Squawk fans there... they don't travel, like some team's fans do... it's going to be loud...

Danny needs to spring for an acoustical roof over the sidelines... make it even louder.


While there have been, and are, things to complain about regarding The Danny, I do think if presented with a plan and the costs for such a thing, he would spend the money for it. He does love this team and wants to give us all the advantages we can possibly get.

Now, if he did it Mara would force the league to make Danny give 25% of our home game tickets to Gints fans, but that's another issue entirely. :roll:


I know that folks thought that Sunday's game was loud, and, indeed, it seemed that it was... But, you don't know LOUD until you've heard RFK during a really big game... that is the biggest thing that was lost when the team moved from DC to FedEx... It was very much like the noise advantage that the Squawks have when at home.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

#######
Posts: 7224
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Postby The Hogster » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:36 pm

We need a new house in Washington DC. DC = Division Champs
SPIT HAPPENS!!
___________________________

newbie
User avatar
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:42 pm
Location: Indiana

Postby tallen46721 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:57 pm

The Hogster wrote:The Seahawks are over rated due to their unusual stadium advantage both with noise and location. We will win by at least 10.


i like the way you think..but yeah, more like 20! HTTR

Skins History Buff
Posts: 4840
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:36 pm
Location: New York, NY

Re: Hello Skins From A Seahawk

Postby welch » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:44 am

HAWK FAN wrote:Not trying to pick lame internet fights or trash talk on the internet. I know some of you can't resist so feel free to trash me. I have awesome thick skin and like a frikin honey badger I take what I want and I don't give a ****

So anyway. Lets talk ball. I love your tailback and secondary, people want to take shots a DeLo Hall but they are idiots. Any updates on RG3's knee or is that like a pentagon secret?

Also whats your view on special teams. I have no idea how good, or not the Skins special teams is.

I'm cool as a cucumber, just here to talk. No need to be a Richard.


Glad to have a serious football fan from the other team. Ignore any insults.

My view is that Grifin's knee is not fuly recovered, but he is the best passer in football. He still freezes defenses because he can tuck the ball and run...even though right know he is no longer nthe fast RB in the league.

- Griffin has the best pure touch I've seen since Sonny Jurgensen when Griffin is just being a mostly typical QB. That's why the team drafted him.

- OL get better every game. Deeper than The Experts inagine. Lots of injuries, but the LT and RT keep getting better. All young guys, smart guys, and they have absorbed what Shanahan does...which is tricky.

- WR's are dangerous since Pierren Garcon has returned. No more little Santana Moss and somebody else.

- Good against the run. Good front 3 and LB's, even with Orakpo and Karricker out. Fletcher is HoF, although nobody notices.

- adeqaute CB's, maybe getting better if Cedric Ronbinson can play to the full.

- Weak safeties. The safeties make it on skill and experience.

Overall: the DBs are still in college. Heading towad SB next year, but a dangerous team right now. The defense looks weak, but Haslett, the DC, has done an all-star job coaching. Masterful game called agasunst he Cowboys. All three INTs came from the constant blitz from every direction, upsettling Romo's rythm, making him pass while falling back.

I saw only the last part of the Rams/Seahwaks game. Sehawkks have a rookie QB who is like an uninjured smaller version of Griffin. I don't think he's got Griffin's arm, but he can run some of the same plays. Great receiver -- best Ive seen.

Can't just the OL and DL...the reflected noise in Seahawks home can distort their play. JKCook Stadium is not RFK, but it gets pretty loud when 95,000 Redskin fans are screaming for their team.

Hard to predict he game, since the Redskins have played mostly in the NFC east for the last couple of months. Interestng to see.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4515
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Re: Hello Skins From A Seahawk

Postby riggofan » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:21 am

welch wrote:My view is that Grifin's knee is not fuly recovered, but he is the best passer in football.


Well, the team doctors disagree with you and say he is 100%. Shanahan said the reason he looks different running right now is because of the brace. Guess we'll find out this weekend!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4515
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Postby riggofan » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:24 am

Countertrey wrote:I know that folks thought that Sunday's game was loud, and, indeed, it seemed that it was... But, you don't know LOUD until you've heard RFK during a really big game... that is the biggest thing that was lost when the team moved from DC to FedEx... It was very much like the noise advantage that the Squawks have when at home.


It was those bleacher seats man. Fans would get those things rocking and beating on them and stuff. There's just nothing like it anymore. I think the fans were much more "on top" of the field there too.

Maybe Danny can spring for 80,000 of those horns or clangers or whatever that fans break out for the World Cup games.

DarthMonk
Online
Posts: 4294
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:37 am

Joined seahawks.net as III.

They were trashing extremeskins (darn) !!! :shock: [/sarcasm]

I told them how much better we (THN) are in that thread then posted this in their thread about how their D will fare against our offense:

Here are some facts:

Only one team has put more than 24 on you - DET in Detroit.

No one in his right mind can deny your D is a far different animal on the road (BUF game was in Canada and it was BUF). 5 teams ARZ, RAM, 49R, DET, MIA beat you in 8 tries on the road.

Opinion:

I'm gonna say we have a better offense than all those teams - even DET which has one WR, an immobile QB, and no ground game.

Trying to stay on topic, our offense has been responsible for almost all of our points. We are tough to deal with. We have hung 28+ on over half the teams we've played. You will have to stop us without the benefit of us running silent counts and a plethora of noise-induced false starts.

Both of us are hot. Your job of stopping us in our place will probably be your toughest yet. You will not be getting off the ball against a deafened offense. We will run a random mix and probably try to get your secondary involved in run support. I might be wrong but I think you are under-sized but over-quick on the D line. This plays for you at home but against you on the road - especially against a ground game like ours.

You are 3-point road favorites. I'm a little surprised. I see this more like pick 'em with a slight edge to us as the home team.

III
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

08 Champ
Posts: 13139
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:51 am

riggofan wrote:
Countertrey wrote:I know that folks thought that Sunday's game was loud, and, indeed, it seemed that it was... But, you don't know LOUD until you've heard RFK during a really big game... that is the biggest thing that was lost when the team moved from DC to FedEx... It was very much like the noise advantage that the Squawks have when at home.


It was those bleacher seats man. Fans would get those things rocking and beating on them and stuff. There's just nothing like it anymore. I think the fans were much more "on top" of the field there too.

Maybe Danny can spring for 80,000 of those horns or clangers or whatever that fans break out for the World Cup games.


:lol: - the Seahawks might have a better chance in their stadium with all that noise

BUT

the Redskins will win this game by playing like they've been playing recently

this game will be decided on the field (NOT by any crowd noise) by a Redskins team that is playing such good, sound football at this time & not allowing the other teams to do what they want to

The Seahawks are favored based on what they have done recently - but they have not played against a team that is executing both offensively and defensively, the way we are - Russell Wilson has played well but the defenses, even good ones like the 49ers, let him play that way - Haslett & Fletcher have 'called' some very good games recently and they will again - Kyle & RG3 will have their defense 'guessing' on every play

This one's ours' - HAIL
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:57 am

Postby Canfan » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:14 pm

DarthMonk wrote:Joined seahawks.net as III.

They were trashing extremeskins (darn) !!! :shock: [/sarcasm]

I told them how much better we (THN) are in that thread then posted this in their thread about how their D will fare against our offense:

Here are some facts:

Only one team has put more than 24 on you - DET in Detroit.

No one in his right mind can deny your D is a far different animal on the road (BUF game was in Canada and it was BUF). 5 teams ARZ, RAM, 49R, DET, MIA beat you in 8 tries on the road.

Opinion:

I'm gonna say we have a better offense than all those teams - even DET which has one WR, an immobile QB, and no ground game.

Trying to stay on topic, our offense has been responsible for almost all of our points. We are tough to deal with. We have hung 28+ on over half the teams we've played. You will have to stop us without the benefit of us running silent counts and a plethora of noise-induced false starts.

Both of us are hot. Your job of stopping us in our place will probably be your toughest yet. You will not be getting off the ball against a deafened offense. We will run a random mix and probably try to get your secondary involved in run support. I might be wrong but I think you are under-sized but over-quick on the D line. This plays for you at home but against you on the road - especially against a ground game like ours.

You are 3-point road favorites. I'm a little surprised. I see this more like pick 'em with a slight edge to us as the home team.

III


hello from a Seahawks fan. I am looking forward to a very good game on Sunday. Two good young teams with good futures! RGIII is a stud and if Wilson wasn't a 3rd round starting QB I would call Alfred Morris the steal of the draft!! I feel this game is too close to call, but I have a different take on it than many. Seattle's D line is actually oversized and consists of 3 D tackle sized guys with Red Bryant anchoring one end of the line. At the other end is our "speed" guy Chris Clemons who is undersized but surprisingly good against the run. The line is hard to move off the LOS and are actually well suited to contain a power runner like your excellent rookie! The downside is a lack of pass rush that is truly concerning. there is a chance that RGIII will have all day to find the open guy. Our corners are big and physical and do well on one on one matchups with large physical receivers. They have lots of problems with smaller speedy guys who can avoid the press at the line. We are particularly vulnerable to slot receivers and tight end play across the middle of the field. On the other side of the ball, we have a rookie playing right guard who is a converted D Tackle who has NEVER played the position at any level prior to the NFL. Good run blocker, but easily confused on pass protection. I expect Haslet to give him fits!

All that being said, I am still hopeful the Seahawks can overcome their road woes and come out of DC with a win. Here is to a great game and no injuries!!

08 Champ
Posts: 13139
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:58 pm

welcome to the site Canfan

we're going to see a good game here - I doubt that either defense allows too high a score

I just think that Kyle and RG3 can game plan and execute well enough to both control the TOP and most importantly, score enough points

going to be a good game to watch - The Redskins find a way to get it done .... again
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

the 'mudge
Posts: 14377
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:04 pm

CanFan... we are VERY familiar with Chris Clemons...

He will have a VERY long day on Sunday.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

08 Champ
Posts: 13139
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:28 pm

Countertrey wrote:CanFan... we are VERY familiar with Chris Clemons...

He will have a VERY long day on Sunday.


good point trey - the Seahawks in 2005 and 2007 were very similar to this group in that they are over-achieving and playing very well right now

playing in front of a huge Redskins crowd that has not had much to get too excited about for many years

PLUS

a Redskins team that is playing VERY sound football on offense and defense

is going to be VERY difficult to overcome


there is no way that Chris Clemons or the Sqwarks defense will be really 'ready' for RG3
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1649
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:44 am
Location: Houston, TX

Postby markshark84 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:38 pm

Canfan wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:Joined seahawks.net as III.

They were trashing extremeskins (darn) !!! :shock: [/sarcasm]

I told them how much better we (THN) are in that thread then posted this in their thread about how their D will fare against our offense:

Here are some facts:

Only one team has put more than 24 on you - DET in Detroit.

No one in his right mind can deny your D is a far different animal on the road (BUF game was in Canada and it was BUF). 5 teams ARZ, RAM, 49R, DET, MIA beat you in 8 tries on the road.

Opinion:

I'm gonna say we have a better offense than all those teams - even DET which has one WR, an immobile QB, and no ground game.

Trying to stay on topic, our offense has been responsible for almost all of our points. We are tough to deal with. We have hung 28+ on over half the teams we've played. You will have to stop us without the benefit of us running silent counts and a plethora of noise-induced false starts.

Both of us are hot. Your job of stopping us in our place will probably be your toughest yet. You will not be getting off the ball against a deafened offense. We will run a random mix and probably try to get your secondary involved in run support. I might be wrong but I think you are under-sized but over-quick on the D line. This plays for you at home but against you on the road - especially against a ground game like ours.

You are 3-point road favorites. I'm a little surprised. I see this more like pick 'em with a slight edge to us as the home team.

III


hello from a Seahawks fan. I am looking forward to a very good game on Sunday. Two good young teams with good futures! RGIII is a stud and if Wilson wasn't a 3rd round starting QB I would call Alfred Morris the steal of the draft!! I feel this game is too close to call, but I have a different take on it than many. Seattle's D line is actually oversized and consists of 3 D tackle sized guys with Red Bryant anchoring one end of the line. At the other end is our "speed" guy Chris Clemons who is undersized but surprisingly good against the run. The line is hard to move off the LOS and are actually well suited to contain a power runner like your excellent rookie! The downside is a lack of pass rush that is truly concerning. there is a chance that RGIII will have all day to find the open guy. Our corners are big and physical and do well on one on one matchups with large physical receivers. They have lots of problems with smaller speedy guys who can avoid the press at the line. We are particularly vulnerable to slot receivers and tight end play across the middle of the field. On the other side of the ball, we have a rookie playing right guard who is a converted D Tackle who has NEVER played the position at any level prior to the NFL. Good run blocker, but easily confused on pass protection. I expect Haslet to give him fits!

All that being said, I am still hopeful the Seahawks can overcome their road woes and come out of DC with a win. Here is to a great game and no injuries!!


Good to hear from an opposing team fan that doesn't come on with the sole intent of talking smack.

I also see this game going either way. We (as skins fans) are fortunete that we play you guys in DC since SEA has been playing lights out at home this year. If this were @ SEA, I personally don't see us winning, but playing at home greatly improves our chances.

I agree that RW was the steal of the draft, but being a HUGE Morris homer that is hard for me to say. RW has had a great season. Morris has too, but this is a QB league so QBs should get the benefit of the doubt.

As far as your DL, I would generally agree that it benefits to see a "power" back, but Morris rarely runs up the middle. He most often is pitched the ball or runs sweeps to either side of the field. As far as DL and their ability to stop the run, it is most likely a footrace to get to Morris. As such, teams with better LBs generally play best against our run game. Your DBs are solid and should match up well against our WRs. A good deal of our downfield passing comes across the middle of the field (something you said was a weakness), but regardless the advantage is heavily for your DBs.

I haven't watched a ton of SEA football, but having sunday ticket I've seen at least 3 or 4 games. I am particularly nervous that RW's ability to manuver out of the pocket will create issues for us defensively -- especially since we haven't seen a mobile QB since Cam Newton in week 9 (and it didn't far well).

I personally see this game being a higher scoring affair over a lower one, but we'll see. IMHO, it will come down to how the rookies play (i.e., RGIII, Morris, and RW). SEA is arguably one of the best teams we have played at home this year and WAS is arguably one of the best teams you have played on the road this year. So, well see what happens on Sunday!
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football