BLOW IT UP!!

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:17 am

1niksder wrote:They kind of - sort of are doing what I had in mind back then

Darth beat you to it by three days. :P
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:41 pm

Deadskins wrote:

Darth started the thread and everyone wanted to talk about it, the discussion was the reason I started looking at the options....

Darth's idea led to the article....
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:35 pm

Interesting reading going back over this thread.

And if they had paid attention to you and done a lot more of what you had in mind, we'd be in much better shape. I said it back then and I'll say it again: 1nik for GM!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:55 pm

1niksder wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

Darth started the thread and everyone wanted to talk about it, the discussion was the reason I started looking at the options....

Darth's idea led to the article....

You guys are alright!

Let's beat the EAGS!

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:43 pm

Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:34 pm Post subject: BLOW IT UP!!

DarthMonk wrote:Marty came here. Payroll was a then-record 100 MILLION dollars. Marty kept 22 guys. He replaced 31. 13 of the new guys were ROOKIES. He FIRED VINNY. He reduced payroll to 53 MILLION by letting go of almost all the high priced talent (can you say Deion?).

We went 0-5 and then 8-3 the rest of the way with TONY BANKS at QB.

We need to do this again. Let go of (release, trade, whatever makes sense) virtually every high priced guy. Accumulate compensatory picks. Pick LINEMEN. Find a runner. They are everywhere. If the hole is there Rock or Betts or some other guy (did we cut a guy named Mason?) we never heard of who costs less than 1 million can run through it and if it's not there he can slam it up in there for a yard or two. We should NEVER spend big bucks or 1st round picks on a runner.

Many teams have shown us we could be better than we are now in TWO years while getting YOUNGER and CHEAPER.

DarthMonk

Thank you, Mr. Shanahan.

:up:

:hail:
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:26 am

I'm still a big fan of this FO and what they've done ..

as far as Mike's job as HC - I'm waiting to hear about RG3's knee ....
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

Postby skinsfan#33 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:51 am

SkinsJock wrote:I'm still a big fan of this FO and what they've done ..

What's RG3 knee got to do with Shanny's job as a HC?

I would say most NFL HCs would have done the exact same thing! I have know problem with a HC letting a player that says he is OK and the Drs clear him play in a game.

Chris Clemons didn't have a prior injury and still toe his ACL (w/o contact). Who knows, but RG3 could have injured his lee in that game even w/o it being injured prior.

You can disagree with him leaving RG3 in the game when out was clear he was ineffective and I would understand that, but judging his coaching job based on the outcome of his knee exam is very short sighted in my mind. To me one had nothing to do with the other!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:25 am

skinsfan#33 wrote:

I would say most NFL HCs would have done the exact same thing! I have know problem with a HC letting a player that says he is OK and the Drs clear him play in a game.

Chris Clemons didn't have a prior injury and still toe his ACL (w/o contact). Who knows, but RG3 could have injured his lee in that game even w/o it being injured prior.

You can disagree with him leaving RG3 in the game when out was clear he was ineffective and I would understand that, but judging his coaching job based on the outcome of his knee exam is very short sighted in my mind. To me one had nothing to do with the other!

=D> :celebrate: =D> :celebrate: =D> :celebrate: =D> :celebrate: =D> :celebrate: :up: :celebrate: :up: :up: =D>
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:29 pm

emoses14 wrote: =D> :celebrate: =D> :celebrate: =D> :celebrate: =D> :celebrate: =D> :celebrate:

that just looked so cool
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:15 am

skinsfan#33 wrote:

You can disagree with him leaving RG3 in the game when it was clear he was ineffective and I would understand that, but judging his coaching job based on the outcome of his knee exam is very short sighted in my mind. To me one had nothing to do with the other!

I can understand the question - I am ONLY pointing to how things were handled by Mike since the play involving Ngata

Mike is ultimately responsible for everything that happened and as HC, in my opinion, he did not handle the issue with RG3's knee very well at all

I did not mean to imply that the ONLY thing that mattered was IF RG3 required surgery ...
I should have said that AFTER the visit to Dr Andrews - in my opinion, Mike needs to clear the air about how he 'managed' all this

I think he should but I doubt seriously that he will

It's all over now and we just have to hope that Mike, Dr Andrews and RG3, all learned a lot about this

HEY - I feel Mike should have done better at a lot of things regarding RG3 since he hurt the knee - that's just my opinion
I DO NOT think he should be let go but, he would, IN MY OPINION, be a better man if he tried to be straight with all of us about this
NOT GOING TO HAPPEN :lol:
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:16 am

wow....thread came back from the dead
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

Return to General Manager's Office