Washington Redskins v. pukes a bit early GAME THREAD

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby grampi » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:04 pm

The suspense is killin me! I think the Skins will win a tough game, but anything is possble between these two....I think the biggest threat to the Skins safety net is the CHI/DET game. If both the Slackers and the Felions win, the Skins are in the post season even if they lose...that alone would take my anxiety level down a few notches...

Hog

Postby riggofan » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:05 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:
riggofan wrote:Man, I gotta start lining up my afternoon football viewing. Are the Bears and/or Vikes going to be on for us tomorrow?

I'm REALLY hoping both those teams lose so I won't be so stressed during the Cowboys game.

On the flip side, I'd kind of hate for both of those teams to lose, we beat the Cowboys and the freaking Giants slip into the playoffs.

I will be stressed out REGARDLESS.

But think ahead:

Do you really want the team to travel to another stadium next week?

or Would you rather have home field advantage against Seattle or Vikes/Bears?

We should take care of business REGARDLESS of any other games. The NFC East title, playoffs, home field advantage and PRIDE is at stake.

HTTR

Come on, man! :) Of course I want the Skins to BEAT DALLAS tonight. For me personally though, I'd love to have the wildcard spot guaranteed going into the game.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:09 pm

I just want the Redskins to win the NFC East

AND

the giants and pukes out of the playoffs
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:15 pm

I want the Skins to beat Dallas and win the NFC East.

Truthfully, I won't be crushed if they miss the playoffs. I was hoping form a 9 - 7 season (got that) and progress in building an offense. This team has more offense than I could ever imagine.

During the off-season, they will fill in the secondary and get a better pass rush...partly from Orakpo returning from injury and partly from the draft.

SB next year.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:46 pm

^^ VERY well put welch - I really am hoping for a win as well and would love to see a home playoff game but ...

this is all just the beginning of the RG3 era here - what a great season we have already had

actually the ONLY good thing about a loss tonight is that it eliminates the giants - gotta love that scenario

I hate the giants and am VERY excited about where we are

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:02 pm

I want to win today. Anything else is gravy.

FIVE pages and we are just on Sunday morning.

Are reved up or what?

HTTR
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:05 pm

Lots of people picking close scores between Redskins/Pukes.

I guess that's because many of them forgot we could have won the Thanksgiving day matchup by 14 (Hall slid at the 1 for the kneel down)
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:42 pm

Bob 0119 wrote:Lots of people picking close scores between Redskins/Pukes.

I guess that's because many of them forgot we could have won the Thanksgiving day matchup by 14 (Hall slid at the 1 for the kneel down)

Or more.. the D really softened up in the end of the third and played prevent the rest of the game.

I'm not looking a head to playoffs.. a smashing of the pukes is all this fan needs for the whole season. BEAT DALLAS!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:06 pm

I'm looking for the Redskins to both control the game and find a way to win the game

this group is playing with attitude and desire - they refuse to lose

WE WANT DALLAS

WE WANT DALLAS

WE WANT DALLAS

Hog

Postby riggofan » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:07 pm

haha. Yeah I am sure I'm not the only one who watched that Skins/Pukes thanksgiving replay on NFL Network. I forgot what a THUMPING that was. 28-6 going into the half.

Anything could happen tonight, but it wouldn't surprise me to blow them out. It is bitter cold out there. The wind is howling, and that stadium is going to be CRAZY tonight. Good luck with that, Romo.

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:08 pm

Bears 20 - 17 Lions

6 mins left in 3rd Qtr

They were 20 - 3 down so hopefully a strong 2nd half from the Lions...

Still HOURS away from the game, on my 5th beer and getting anxious.

God I hate dullass...
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

Hog

Postby absinthe1023 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:28 pm

The more I think about it, the only two important things to remember are these:

1. Tony Romo is made of paper

2. RG III is made of titanium

The rest is just window dressing. We'll see the 'Skins crowned NFC East champs tonight.
"No one played with more heart."

-Clinton Portis on Sean Taylor

As of 11/27/07, I resolve to never again read any version of the Washington Post.

Hog

Postby grampi » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:07 pm

As usual, the Skins get absolutely no help from the other teams...now they MUST win tonight or their season is over...

Hog

Postby grampi » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:09 pm

riggofan wrote:haha. Yeah I am sure I'm not the only one who watched that Skins/Pukes thanksgiving replay on NFL Network. I forgot what a THUMPING that was. 28-6 going into the half.

Anything could happen tonight, but it wouldn't surprise me to blow them out. It is bitter cold out there. The wind is howling, and that stadium is going to be CRAZY tonight. Good luck with that, Romo.

It was 28-3 at halftime...and the cold affects the Skins too, but hopefully not as much as Duallass....

Hog

Postby ACW » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:15 pm

Bad news: lose and we're out...
Good news: NY's out for sure :D
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football