Washington Redskins v. pukes a bit early GAME THREAD

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:07 pm

Sine 2000, the Cowboys are 2-10 in week 17. Let's hang another L on 'em.

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:09 pm

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?

Musical opening segment for next Sunday's game.

You watched it Here first! :up:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

spudstr04

Postby spudstr04 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:18 pm

Burgundy&Wha? wrote:When is the last time Dallas played on grass? How did they perform? Curious. With the weather and playing on grass at FedEx, I wonder how much impact that might have on the game.

I watched Redskin Nation this evening and there was a stat that the Cowboys are 4-11 in cold (below 40 degrees?) outdoor football games.

Plus, 2-10 in last 12 years in week 17.
#21 = Forever in our hearts

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:37 am

The Hogster wrote:I went to Cowboys Zone to see what they were talking about. And, I almost vomitted all over myself. I am now convinced that Cowboy fans are losers, and front runners who don't even watch football. They're the unpopular kids in school who want to fit in.

Case in point. I registered to talk some football in the biggest game of both team's seasons. My Username was RGThreesus. I see a thread titled "What Color Will We Wear Sunday"

LOL

These fools are talking about which jersey colors they like.

Cowgirl Fan #1 "I hope we wear white!"

Cowgirl Fan #2 "Yay, me too! Love those jerseys."

I answer the question and say "Romo will be wearing Burgundy & Gold with Kerrigan & Jackson all over him all night. And, your team will wear a sad face home."

Their admin banned me.

How weak is that?? But I'm not surprised. True Story.

HAIL ROTFALMAO

I joined. Username is III.

They had a thread about earliest/favorite Cowboy memory.

I posted about the Ice Bowl (first game I ever saw). Mentioned hating Cowboys immediately.

My post was deleted by mods.

Talk about weak.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:54 am

DarthMonk wrote:
The Hogster wrote:I went to Cowboys Zone to see what they were talking about. And, I almost vomitted all over myself. I am now convinced that Cowboy fans are losers, and front runners who don't even watch football. They're the unpopular kids in school who want to fit in.

Case in point. I registered to talk some football in the biggest game of both team's seasons. My Username was RGThreesus. I see a thread titled "What Color Will We Wear Sunday"

LOL

I answer the question and say "Romo will be wearing Burgundy & Gold with Kerrigan & Jackson all over him all night. And, your team will wear a sad face home."

Their admin banned me.

HAIL ROTFALMAO

I posted about the Ice Bowl (first game I ever saw). Mentioned hating Cowboys immediately.

Talk about weak.

They really are ghey. But, then again, are we surprised? At first I was like really? Then I was like--figures.

Over here, we are secure enough to mix it up with fans bold enough to come here and talk trash. That's what men do. Apparently, they don't get that whole competitive concept.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:37 am

The Hogster wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:

LOL

Their admin banned me.

HAIL ROTFALMAO

Talk about weak.

They really are ghey. But, then again, are we surprised? At first I was like really? Then I was like--figures.

Over here, we are secure enough to mix it up with fans bold enough to come here and talk trash. That's what men do. Apparently, they don't get that whole competitive concept.

In light of what I've seen elsewhere THN is the bomb. If some Cowgirl fan posted about Clint Longley over here we'd simply have at it. Pretty sad.

Cowboyszone mods:

Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:48 am

Speaking from an old school perspective, having attended all of those great games at RFK during the glory years, and especially the Cowboys games ... we had great success in those big games ... but since then, for the past 20 years, not so much. And the biggest factor in this long struggle, I believe, has been the instability at QB.

Patriots=Brady .... Saints=Brees ... Colts=Manning ... Cards=Warner ... Rams=Warner ... Giants=Manning ... Eagles=McNabb ... the list goes on and on.

Add to that list, Redskins=Griffin III .... he's the catalyst that's been missing, and as remarkable as his on-field play has been this year, it is the confidence he inspires in the rest of the team that has turned this 3-6 team into a 9-6 team, and one game away from the NFC East Championship. This kid is a big game player ... he excels in the big game .. he inspires ... he leads ... and everyone else's play is elevated by that confidence he exudes.

Normally, I'd be worried about this game ... but I find a quiet confidence that head to head, RG3 vs Romo ... RG3 wins ... hands down. Romo is a fine QB, and can play lights out when he's on ... but the big game is not something he's nearly as comfortable with as our rookie, and that has to worry the entire division at the prospect of having to deal with this kid for the next dozen years .... big game QBs win the big games, and RG3 is a big game player ...

Without a healthy Demarcus Ware causing havoc in the backfield, and backup nose tackle, Morris runs for 100+, RG3 moves the chains and puts the points on the board .... Redskins win by 13 ... 30-17 !!!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:01 pm

RayNAustin wrote:Normally, I'd be worried about this game ... but I find a quiet confidence that head to head, RG3 vs Romo ... RG3 wins ... hands down. Romo is a fine QB, and can play lights out when he's on ...

+1. I like your quiet confidence, sir.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:15 pm

Man, I gotta start lining up my afternoon football viewing. Are the Bears and/or Vikes going to be on for us tomorrow?

I'm REALLY hoping both those teams lose so I won't be so stressed during the Cowboys game.

On the flip side, I'd kind of hate for both of those teams to lose, we beat the Cowboys and the freaking Giants slip into the playoffs.

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:32 pm

riggofan wrote:Man, I gotta start lining up my afternoon football viewing. Are the Bears and/or Vikes going to be on for us tomorrow?

I'm REALLY hoping both those teams lose so I won't be so stressed during the Cowboys game.

On the flip side, I'd kind of hate for both of those teams to lose, we beat the Cowboys and the freaking Giants slip into the playoffs.

I will be stressed out REGARDLESS.

But think ahead:

Do you really want the team to travel to another stadium next week?

or Would you rather have home field advantage against Seattle or Vikes/Bears?

We should take care of business REGARDLESS of any other games. The NFC East title, playoffs, home field advantage and PRIDE is at stake.

HTTR
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:51 pm

RayNAustin wrote:Speaking from an old school perspective, having attended all of those great games at RFK during the glory years, and especially the Cowboys games ... we had great success in those big games ... but since then, for the past 20 years, not so much. And the biggest factor in this long struggle, I believe, has been the instability at QB.

Patriots=Brady .... Saints=Brees ... Colts=Manning ... Cards=Warner ... Rams=Warner ... Giants=Manning ... Eagles=McNabb ... the list goes on and on.

Add to that list, Redskins=Griffin III .... he's the catalyst that's been missing, and as remarkable as his on-field play has been this year, it is the confidence he inspires in the rest of the team that has turned this 3-6 team into a 9-6 team, and one game away from the NFC East Championship. This kid is a big game player ... he excels in the big game .. he inspires ... he leads ... and everyone else's play is elevated by that confidence he exudes.

Normally, I'd be worried about this game ... but I find a quiet confidence that head to head, RG3 vs Romo ... RG3 wins ... hands down. Romo is a fine QB, and can play lights out when he's on ... but the big game is not something he's nearly as comfortable with as our rookie, and that has to worry the entire division at the prospect of having to deal with this kid for the next dozen years .... big game QBs win the big games, and RG3 is a big game player ...

Without a healthy Demarcus Ware causing havoc in the backfield, and backup nose tackle, Morris runs for 100+, RG3 moves the chains and puts the points on the board .... Redskins win by 13 ... 30-17 !!!

Most important thing about that quiet confidence? It has led to the above post from RayNAustin.

RAYNAUSTIN!?!?!?!?!?!?!

That's it. Now I'm confident of the win.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

piggie

Postby oj » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:03 pm

For the first time in years i am not stressed, this is going to be business as usual for G3 and the boys - the cowpies have got to win, thier fans stressed adnausium but they just ain't good enough.
Our guys know it, they will win and there just ain't nothing the cowpies can do about it. G3 and the boys have confidance, they believe in themselves and they know they are the better team.
I see low scoring, lots of Mr Morris and G3 directed TD drives when they want one but it'll be ball control and ball possession.
I see something like 17-3, whatever but i see a 2 touchdown differential.
Molon Labe

Hog

Postby funsho2 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:30 pm

beautiful christmas song dedicated to RG3

http://www.csnwashington.com/video_cont ... l-oh-rgiii

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:46 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
The Hogster wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:

LOL

Their admin banned me.

HAIL ROTFALMAO

Talk about weak.

In light of what I've seen elsewhere THN is the bomb. If some Cowgirl fan posted about Clint Longley over here we'd simply have at it. Pretty sad.

Cowboyszone mods:

Hmmmm... In my opinion, when you call something a "discussion board"... ummm... you should probably be able to actually "discuss". Weak.

On the other hand, it pretty much matches up with the realities of Cowpukes County.
You know... you just can't fix stupid.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby ACW » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:15 am

Redskin in Canada wrote:ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?

Musical opening segment for next Sunday's game.

You watched it Here first! :up:
=D> =D> =D>
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football