No Pro Bowl for RG3, Morris, or Fletch

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog
User avatar
Posts: 566
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:28 pm

No Pro Bowl for RG3, Morris, or Fletch

Postby Mississippi Hog » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:31 pm

I am hoping that we do NOT see RG3, Morris, and Fletcher in the Pro Bowl. There is one simple reason for this. If they are in the Pro-Bowl, they will not be playing in the Super Bowl the next week. :D

I hope that they all three get invited to the Pro Bowl, but decline the invitation to prepare for a SB Ring!!!!

Hog
Posts: 523
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:25 pm
Location: Clarksburg

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:56 pm

As well as we have played I don't see us making it all the way to the Superbowl, RG3's knee is the greatest concern, I don't see how we win Sunday if he can't run, Sunday he looked like a lame horse. Of course I would love to be proven wrong!!!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 566
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:28 pm

Postby Mississippi Hog » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:28 pm

I wonder if limiting Sunday was not only a precaution, but a bit of a ploy. The brace limited him, but I wonder if part of that was to make people think he cannot run. Maybe part precaution, and part strategy. The Turds will think he is going to be gimpy, and then he will torch them!

cappster
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:25 am
Location: Humanist, at your service.

Postby Cappster » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:18 pm

I believe the title is a bit misleading as the official announcement doesn't come until 7pm.
Sapphire AMD Radeon 6870, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

JSPB22
Online
User avatar
Posts: 15941
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:55 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:As well as we have played I don't see us making it all the way to the Superbowl

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :evil:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

^^^^^^^
Posts: 9012
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:52 pm

Postby frankcal20 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:09 pm

You're also leaving out Trent Williams who's been playing lights out this year even with an injury. Kai Forbath also deserves a nod because he's been perfect even though he hasn't been here all year long. I think we've found our kicker for years to come. Let's just hope he can be clutch once again this Sunday night.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 566
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:28 pm

Postby Mississippi Hog » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:16 pm

Frank, I fully agree. I am sorry that I left them off. They definitely deserve it as well.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 566
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:28 pm

Postby Mississippi Hog » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:16 pm

Cappster wrote:I believe the title is a bit misleading as the official announcement doesn't come until 7pm.


That was the intention. :D Sorry. T'was a bit bored.

08 Champ
Posts: 13126
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:59 pm

The FACT is that the 'better team' does not win most of the games each Sunday

AND

the 'better team' certainly does NOT win most of the Super Bowls


WHY NOT US :lol:



looked at slightly differently - the team that makes the least mistakes and plays with more desire generally wins the game

this game, this week is huge pressure for both teams - I like our chances at home


this team has showed that they only prepare and focus on 1 team each week - they are not trying to win the Super Bowl ..

Robert Griffin III said at his press conference today ... "we are all focused on ONLY getting ready to play this team this week"

he also was asked about the Pro Bowl and said that awards are great recognition but nobody really plays the game to win awards
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.”

|||
Posts: 4307
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:34 am
Location: SANTA ANA,CA

Postby HEROHAMO » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:09 pm

All that matters is who plays the best on gameday. If the Skins get in you have a shot to win. With a fully healthy RG3 we have a very dangerous team. Anything can happen thats why they play the game.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

kazoo
Online
Posts: 10239
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:42 pm

frankcal20 wrote:You're also leaving out Trent Williams who's been playing lights out this year even with an injury. Kai Forbath also deserves a nod because he's been perfect even though he hasn't been here all year long. I think we've found our kicker for years to come. Let's just hope he can be clutch once again this Sunday night.


Trent has really turned it on after his debacle last year
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

#######
Posts: 7224
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Postby The Hogster » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:52 pm

Alfred Morris not making the Pro Bowl and Frank Gore making it is a really bad joke.
SPIT HAPPENS!!
___________________________

DarthMonk
Posts: 4274
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:13 pm

The Hogster wrote:Alfred Morris not making the Pro Bowl and Frank Gore making it is a really bad joke.


It really is - and not too many people are laughing.

BTW, why does every player vote for every position? Kickers should not vote for linebackers. I think offensive players should vote for defenders and vice versa. Let outside LBs and DEs vote for tackles and such. I think a lot of guys not involved in trying to tackle Gore or Morris voted for Gore. In fact, hundreds of guys who play on offense and played neither us nor the 49ers had a say ... I think.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

#######
Posts: 7224
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Postby The Hogster » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:20 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
The Hogster wrote:Alfred Morris not making the Pro Bowl and Frank Gore making it is a really bad joke.


It really is - and not too many people are laughing.

BTW, why does every player vote for every position? Kickers should not vote for linebackers. I think offensive players should vote for defenders and vice versa. Let outside LBs and DEs vote for tackles and such. I think a lot of guys not involved in trying to tackle Gore or Morris voted for Gore. In fact, hundreds of guys who play on offense and played neither us nor the 49ers had a say ... I think.


This might be your best post yet. Good idea.

I can't see an argument for Gore other than name recognition. Morris had a much better year. More yards, more TDs, same YPC. Gore has had an ordinary year.
SPIT HAPPENS!!
___________________________

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football