Luck?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:00 pm

I've been impressed with Andrew Luck the couple times I've seen him play. I think there is probably an argument to be made that the Redskins have more offensive talent around RGIII than Luck has. But I think you can also argue that Luck has played a lot more like a rookie this year, even if he is a very talented rookie.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:11 pm

Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby funsho2 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:37 pm

PAPDOG67 wrote:Not taking anything away from Luck, but the Colts have had one of the easiest schedules in the history of the NFL this year. Their opponents comined winning % this season to date .423.

If the redskins had the colts schedule .....we will be talking about a first round bye for the skins

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:38 pm

I own this LP.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby PAPDOG67 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:40 pm

funsho2 wrote:
PAPDOG67 wrote:Not taking anything away from Luck, but the Colts have had one of the easiest schedules in the history of the NFL this year. Their opponents comined winning % this season to date .423.

If the redskins had the colts schedule .....we will be talking about a first round bye for the skins

You're probably right. The AFC as a whole is terrible. There are a lot of horrendous teams in the AFC.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:50 pm

Andrew Luck came into the NFL better prepared and with a better supporting cast

I'm biased towards Robert Griffin III

and

no matter what awards are given out, I could care less

I do NOT think there's a better QB for the Redskins playing in the NFL right now
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:13 pm

Gr III f's:

:nana:

^ Link
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:18 pm

DarthMonk wrote:

Gr III f's:

:nana:

^ Link

I preferthis version of Candyman
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:32 pm

riggofan wrote:I've been impressed with Andrew Luck the couple times I've seen him play. I think there is probably an argument to be made that the Redskins have more offensive talent around RGIII than Luck has. But I think you can also argue that Luck has played a lot more like a rookie this year, even if he is a very talented rookie.

Is it that Griffin has the better supporting cast, or that Griffin makes his supporting cast better?
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:36 pm

Bob 0119 wrote:
riggofan wrote:I've been impressed with Andrew Luck the couple times I've seen him play. I think there is probably an argument to be made that the Redskins have more offensive talent around RGIII than Luck has. But I think you can also argue that Luck has played a lot more like a rookie this year, even if he is a very talented rookie.

Is it that Griffin has the better supporting cast, or that Griffin makes his supporting cast better?

=D>
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:41 pm

emoses14 wrote:
Bob 0119 wrote:

=D>

Probably a little bit of both. I don't think Luck has the WRs or the RB that RGIII does, do you?

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:37 pm

riggofan wrote:
emoses14 wrote:
Bob 0119 wrote:

=D>

Probably a little bit of both. I don't think Luck has the WRs or the RB that RGIII does, do you?

If Luck had a good running back the Colts wouldn't be passing every down and we wouldn't be hearing so much of Luck. Comparing him with RG3 is absurd. You simply don't compare a quarterback with a 104 Rat with a quarterback with a 75 RAT, especially when the former quarterback is probably the best running quarterback in history and setting rushing records as well as passing records.

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:52 am

crazyhorse1 wrote:
riggofan wrote:
emoses14 wrote:
Bob 0119 wrote:

=D>

If Luck had a good running back the Colts wouldn't be passing every down and we wouldn't be hearing so much of Luck. Comparing him with RG3 is absurd. You simply don't compare a quarterback with a 104 Rat with a quarterback with a 75 RAT, especially when the former quarterback is probably the best running quarterback in history and setting rushing records as well as passing records.

Crazy horse speakum the truth. I'm not offended by the comparison, but it really doesn't make sense to me. The rookie qb having the best season is griffin.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:41 am

riggofan wrote:
emoses14 wrote:
Bob 0119 wrote:

=D>

I think if teams were more afraid of Andrew Luck, they'd have a better running game. Since teams have to worry about not just Morris running but also Griffin it opens up the passing game especially with how effectively Griffin sells play-action.
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:12 am

I'm sure that's true. But I swear during the draft all we heard was that people underestimated what an athlete Luck was, and he was supposed to be nearly as mobile as RGIII.

Also I was going to add that we heard a lot this season about how Morris looked a lot better because of RGIII. Didn't the Browns game kind of squash that argument? Morris looked pretty damn good with Cousins under center.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football