Redskins - Smeagols post-game thread

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
piglet

Postby GFlanagan3 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:56 am

This is a game I have waited for, for years. Yes WE WANT DALLAS. It is past, WAY past time to rise from the ashes. HTTR

Hog

Postby grampi » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:03 pm

Deadskins wrote:
grampi wrote:I don't know about next week's game. The Skins looked flat to me today, on both sides of the ball. I'm not as worried about the offense as I am the D. I think most of today's semi-lackluster performance by the O was due to Shanny toning it down so RGIII didn't over-exert that knee. They're gonna have to put that O in full swing next week...I have a feeling that one's gonna be a shoot out.

My main concern is with the D. They should've been able to do a better job shutting down that offense. I mean it's not like the Skins were playing a Patriots-like offense...and with the season on the line, they let this game get a lot closer than it should've been. I know, I should quit whining because we got the win, but my worry is, we're either gonna have to put more points on the board, or play a lot better D if we're gonna beat Dallas.

Geez man, can't you ever have a positive thought?

Absolutely. RGIII is the best thing that's happened to this team in decades...and maybe even ever....the Redskins are a team on the rise, but they aren't there yet. Anyone expecting them to win it all this year is expecting too much. Could it happen? Sure it could, but it's highly unlikely. They've just got too many holes in that defense, which puts way too much pressure on the O to score...they have been doing it, but they also haven't played teams like NE, SF, SEA, or GB either. I will say I think this team will win another SB within the next 2 or 3 years....can you take anything positive from this?

piggie

Postby capitaldefense » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:47 pm

Being the late game next Sunday, we will know whether we need to win in order to be in before we take a snap. WE WANT DALLAS

The crowd needs to give the Pokes fits when they have the ball, about 8 false starts will help us a bunch.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:30 pm

grampi wrote:I don't know about next week's game. The Skins looked flat to me today, on both sides of the ball. I'm not as worried about the offense as I am the D. I think most of today's semi-lackluster performance by the O was due to Shanny toning it down so RGIII didn't over-exert that knee. They're gonna have to put that O in full swing next week...I have a feeling that one's gonna be a shoot out.

My main concern is with the D. They should've been able to do a better job shutting down that offense. I mean it's not like the Skins were playing a Patriots-like offense...and with the season on the line, they let this game get a lot closer than it should've been. I know, I should quit whining because we got the win, but my worry is, we're either gonna have to put more points on the board, or play a lot better D if we're gonna beat Dallas.

I agree that our D is going to be a big concern against Dallas or any other team going forward. That's not really anything new. Still, five sacks and two takeaways yesterday and we're complaining?

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:33 pm

capitaldefense wrote:Being the late game next Sunday, we will know whether we need to win in order to be in before we take a snap.

Great point!

I hope the Cowboys will enjoy the forecasted weather for next Sunday too:

Partly cloudy and windy. Highs in the mid 30s and lows in the mid 20s.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:07 pm

grampi wrote:Anyone expecting them to win it all this year is expecting too much

Says you. If the 9-7 G-strings can turn a wild-card into a Championship, there's no reason we can't.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby grampi » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:45 pm

Deadskins wrote:
grampi wrote:Anyone expecting them to win it all this year is expecting too much

Says you. If the 9-7 G-strings can turn a wild-card into a Championship, there's no reason we can't.

We shall see, and I hope you're right...

Hog

Postby grampi » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:47 pm

riggofan wrote:

I agree that our D is going to be a big concern against Dallas or any other team going forward. That's not really anything new. Still, five sacks and two takeaways yesterday and we're complaining?

Nope, not complainng, just pointing out that our defense has too many holes...

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football