When will we lose Kyle Shanahan....?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

When will Kyle be a Head Coach...?

He's gone after our Super Bowl run this season...!!
9%
He'll be here another season or two....then split for HC elsewhere
11%
He'll remain here and take over from daddy...!!
77%
Other option I didn't think of.....
3%

Total votes : 35
tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

When will we lose Kyle Shanahan....?

Postby tribeofjudah » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:44 pm

There has been much talk about Kyle heading off to become a HC in the League. Have we pontificated and Hognosticated When and Where will he go?

*The Bolts need a shot in the arm
**The Jags are in a lousy state of disarray
***The Cards have their wings clipped

Who knows? Kyle already has a thread here - BUT not in poll format.

Have at it............ Insert "where" he will end up in your response

http://www.ibtimes.com/sportsnet/washin ... oon-935779
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

Hog

Postby 44diesel » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:02 pm

Depending on how long MS stays here, I can see Kyle taking over. Based on the success he's had with the rookie's they brought in why start over? Washington is getting stacked to become a perennial powerhouse.

Of course, I thought that Greg Williams was going to take over for Gibbs after he was done. I, like others, thought that was part of the deal to bring him in in the first place. In hindsight, that was for the best. Could you image what Mara would have done to this team with "bounty gate?"
"Givin'em the Business!"

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:03 pm

Takin' over for dad-dad-daddio.

Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

tribe

Postby tribeofjudah » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:33 pm

Money Talks. If the price is right - Kyle may walk....!!! What say you?

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:36 pm

tribeofjudah wrote:Money Talks. If the price is right - Kyle may walk....!!! What say you?

Head Coach money here is about as good as it get$.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

tribe

Postby tribeofjudah » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:47 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
tribeofjudah wrote:Money Talks. If the price is right - Kyle may walk....!!! What say you?

Head Coach money here is about as good as it get$.

True as that may be....Kyle is not making that $$$ yet as OC. Thus someone could lure him away.

I would LOVE Shanny the Younger to STAY PUT in DC.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:23 pm

He stays. He has a very rare opportunity to work with an incredible wealth of quarterback talent, and a running back who appears to be an OC's dream. This is the kind of situation that any coach would kill to be in.

I suspect that dad will move aside for him in 2 or so years.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

tribe

Postby tribeofjudah » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:36 pm

Can someone call Kyle and see how HE feels about all this.........??? He has been silent, thus far.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:09 pm

I'm biased ... :wink:

I think that Kyle stays - his stock might be good right now but he can stay and it's only going to get better

He might even get the job here as some have indicated

let me say this - Kyle, IN MY OPINION, is a good OC but he's JUST a good OC

I don't think he becomes a good HC AT THIS TIME

he's like a lot of good OCs or DCs - he should stay where he is

BUT ... that's just me

Kyle has adapted and changed and this offense has done well because of that - I remember when he was not able to do that

I don't think he's ready to be a HC ... at this time

I hope he leaves us - that would be fantastic but I think it's a mistake
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive in the near future, the problems here are complex - unfortunately with Dan Snyder, it is what it is

Hog

Postby FLWSkin » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:11 pm

I think if he leaves next year that is still too soon. Seen too many decent coordnators leave too soon and just aren't ready to do the whole thing.

Hog

Postby FLWSkin » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:30 pm

Also, looking at some of the openings....why on earth would you want to leave RGIII and go to Jacksonville? Seriously.

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:35 pm

I think you cant downplay the father and son relationship. I really don't see Kyle leaving soon. I am pretty sure they both imagine Mike retiring after winning a SuperBowl or two. The window of opportunity is now for that to happen.

I think Kyle will have plenty of opportunity to get a HC job when Mike retires. Oh and coaching for the Skins as a coordinator pays more then most head coaching gigs elsewhere. I still think this is an ideal situation for Kyle until his father retires which I think would be within a 5 year window.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:17 am

HEROHAMO wrote:I think you cant downplay the father and son relationship. I really don't see Kyle leaving soon. I am pretty sure they both imagine Mike retiring after winning a SuperBowl or two. The window of opportunity is now for that to happen.

I think Kyle will have plenty of opportunity to get a HC job when Mike retires. Oh and coaching for the Skins as a coordinator pays more then most head coaching gigs elsewhere. I still think this is an ideal situation for Kyle until his father retires which I think would be within a 5 year window.

BINGO

and there you go .. spoiling an otherwise perfect 'opportunity' for us to have Kyle go and show he's NOT ready to be a HC ... :twisted:
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive in the near future, the problems here are complex - unfortunately with Dan Snyder, it is what it is

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:40 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
HEROHAMO wrote:I think you cant downplay the father and son relationship. I really don't see Kyle leaving soon. I am pretty sure they both imagine Mike retiring after winning a SuperBowl or two. The window of opportunity is now for that to happen.

BINGO

and there you go .. spoiling an otherwise perfect 'opportunity' for us to have Kyle go and show he's NOT ready to be a HC ... :twisted:

Yep I agree with herohamo, especially regarding the money situation. Snyder can afford to keep Kyle around. I'm sure there are other coordinators willing to take any job because they have to strike while the iron is hot. I don't think Kyle has to do that.

Honestly I have no idea if Kyle is prepared to be a HC and neither do any of you. The league is littered with examples of good coordinators who didn't have what it took to be the head coach. Its impossible to say for sure until you see the guy in action. That job is clearly about more than Xs and Os.

People can knock the "daddy connection" all they want. I say if Kyle has anything going for him though, its that he's been around a successful head coach his entire life. If he learned anything along the way, maybe it will help him take the next step.

Its amazing to be having this conversation at all though, considering the beating Kyle has taken around here the previous two years.

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:01 pm

It's amazing what 5 weeks can do. People on here wanted him fired before the bye.

He was a goot OC in Houston and IMHO has been better here -- in that he changed his entire offense to work around RGIII.

Personally, if Danny boy is committed to the Shanahans, KS will stay and take over for his dad. I don't see that happening in the next year or even 2. Because MS is KS's dad, KS won't just take any job. He isn't going to take the Jacksonville job or KC -- but if the price and opportunity are correct, even MS will tell him to take an HC job; however I think that MS is smart enough to know that KS is not ready to be a HC just yet.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football