Brandon Banks - The Wide Receiver

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:25 pm

AND for those of you that think that Mike and Danny Smith are happy with AND actually WANT Forbath to not make really deep kickoffs ... :shock:

let me point out that after we scored the FG and the kickoff went out of bounds - the ravens then started on the 40 and we were constantly trying to get away from our goal line - that is BS - that almost cost us this game

give me a break - "I think that Mike and Danny feel that our coverage is really good and we can do better if kickoffs do not go too deep ... " :lol:

I love the fact that Forbath is making FGs but there is NO WAY that Danny and Mike want the kickoffs to not be deep enough that we can cover them - NO WAY - hitting line drive kickoffs is like ensuring that the opposition has decent field position

Danny Smith is most certainly gone this off season ...

AND

Something WILL be done about the kickoffs
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:42 pm

SkinsJock wrote:

Like what? Either Kai has to improve or they bring in another kicker..... I don't see MS keeping 2 kickers active. And I don't see them getting rid of the NFLs most accurate FG kicker.

If Kai can improve great, but I'm nots sure he will. And he's too good to cut.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:53 pm

markshark84 wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:

Like what? Either Kai has to improve or they bring in another kicker..... I don't see MS keeping 2 kickers active. And I don't see them getting rid of the NFLs most accurate FG kicker.

I think you're missing the point - I TOTALLY agree that Forbath is staying

I just don't agree with the idea (as posted) that Forbath is being told to NOT kick the ball deep on kickoffs - that is BS

we were in terrible field position for a long while because of that kickoff after the FG - Mike will find a way to ensure better field position from kickoffs

let me make this point - the offense is going to get better and will be kicking off a lot .. OK?

we are going to make sure the kickoffs are either VERY high OR they are VERY deep - just like everybody else

NEXT SEASON - we are NOT kicking line drives as someone here said we wanted to do - that is STUPID

Kai will do it or someone else will - we are not going to be giving the ball to the opposition in great field position every time we kickoff :lol:
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Hog

Postby riggofan » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:57 pm

SkinsJock wrote:let me point out that after we scored the FG and the kickoff went out of bounds - the ravens then started on the 40 and we were constantly trying to get away from our goal line - that is BS - that almost cost us this game

LOL. I can't believe we have a kicker who hasn't missed since he got here, and you're still complaining about his kickoffs.

And I don't know for sure, but it looked to me like we tried to get cute on that kick that went out of bounds. Tried to angle a kick into the corner away from Jacoby Jones and it cost us.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:11 pm

The Hogster wrote:-snip- magically result in better production.

Nothing magic about it.

[-(
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:24 pm

Only a miserable attention starved loser would want to prove a point right now!!! HAIL

Crawford breaking a big return for us is great! Just like anyone else helping us win is GREAT. I still believe in Banks. But I love a WIN even more.

Sword fight elsewhere
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:53 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
markshark84 wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:

I think you're missing the point - I TOTALLY agree that Forbath is staying

I just don't agree with the idea (as posted) that Forbath is being told to NOT kick the ball deep on kickoffs - that is BS

we were in terrible field position for a long while because of that kickoff after the FG - Mike will find a way to ensure better field position from kickoffs

let me make this point - the offense is going to get better and will be kicking off a lot .. OK?

we are going to make sure the kickoffs are either VERY high OR they are VERY deep - just like everybody else

NEXT SEASON - we are NOT kicking line drives as someone here said we wanted to do - that is STUPID

Kai will do it or someone else will - we are not going to be giving the ball to the opposition in great field position every time we kickoff :lol:

Well no, I wasn't missing the point --- I agree with you that Kai isn't being told not to kick the ball deep into the end zone. In fact, it was obvious that towards the end of the game he was trying kick to the sides of the field in an attempt to prevent Jacoby from returning -- because he can't get it 8 yards back in the endzone.

Kai just can't kick the ball deep into the end zone. That is obvious. Anyone that is saying otherwise is wrong.

Now that said, you believe that something will be done in the offseason. Now, my question is what; based on the following facts:
- MS/Smith doesn't want the opposition returning kickoffs. Too much risk.
- Everyone knows that Kai is staying next year.
- MS/KS won't carry 2 kickers on the roster because we don't have room and it is a waste.
- If it were easier for Kai to get touchbacks and/or prevent structured returns from the opposition on kicks --- such a change would have already been done.

Therefore, the only real thing that can be done is just to force Kai to get better on kickoffs without altering his FG ability. But, based on your post, you make it appear (with the "WILL") as if MS has some type of diabolical plan in place moving forward in the offseason. Based on the facts outliend above, I don't see what that could be outside of hoping that Kai can improve --- which isn't much of a "plan".

So, what else could this plan be?
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:17 am

Anybody but Banks is exactly what I wanted to see today! We got production and positive, confident returns.

Good job to the decision makers finally stepping in and benching Banks.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:49 am

ATX_Skins wrote:Anybody but Banks is exactly what I wanted to see today! We got production and positive, confident returns.

Good job to the decision makers finally stepping in and benching Banks.

So I guess nobody saw Niles Paul fumble? LOL

We won the game. That's exactly what I wanted to see today!
SPIT HAPPENS!!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:38 am

We won the game WITHOUT Banks contributing as WR or as a kick or punt returner

From what we saw from Paul and Crawford there is little doubt that Banks will not be on the field much in B&G

time to move on ..

HAIL

Currently 50-41

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:48 am

riggofan wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:let me point out that after we scored the FG and the kickoff went out of bounds - the ravens then started on the 40 and we were constantly trying to get away from our goal line - that is BS - that almost cost us this game

LOL. I can't believe we have a kicker who hasn't missed since he got here, and you're still complaining about his kickoffs.

And I don't know for sure, but it looked to me like we tried to get cute on that kick that went out of bounds. Tried to angle a kick into the corner away from Jacoby Jones and it cost us.

I am NOT complaining about his kickoffs - I'm pointing to 2 things
this is still a site where you don't have to follow along merrily :lol:

there was at least 1 poster that indicated that Danny or Mike wanted the kickoffs to be returned because they had so much confidence in the KO coverage group

THAT is STUPID

somehow the kickoffs will be improved .. but, that is for another thread ..
again - I am NOT complaining - I'm just pointing to an issue that had us in terrible field position for a long while

btw - Banks is done here :lol:

HAIL

Currently 50-41

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:36 am

SJ, you won't have to worry past this season; Goodell is going to do away with kickoffs altogether. :roll:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:31 pm

The Hogster wrote:Only a miserable attention starved loser would want to prove a point right now!!!

The Hogster wrote:So I guess nobody saw Niles Paul fumble? LOL

Making a point, are you?

Glad we won too.

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:44 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
The Hogster wrote:Only a miserable attention starved loser would want to prove a point right now!!!

The Hogster wrote:So I guess nobody saw Niles Paul fumble? LOL

Making a point, are you?

Glad we won too.

DarthMonk

Yes. I tend to make great points often. It's no secret that I supported Banks. Still do. But, that doesn't mean that I don't support Crawford. I support them both. And, Niles "Toe Finger" Paul didn't do much to make anyone at ease on kickoffs. If the Ravens guy wasn't bumbling around on that fumble recovery, we LOSE the game due to him returning kicks and Crawford never gets the chance to break that long one.

HAIL
SPIT HAPPENS!!

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:47 pm

Brandon Banks has 178 return yards on 26 attempts.

Richard Crawford has 100 yards on three.
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football