Griff's Injury

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:42 pm

grampi wrote:Just because his MRI was clear doesn't mean he'll be able to play next week...

It's still very, very good news, though. Avoiding a major injury that could end his season and/or have long-term consequences is a big relief.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby riggofan » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:48 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:
grampi wrote:Just because his MRI was clear doesn't mean he'll be able to play next week...

It's still very, very good news, though. Avoiding a major injury that could end his season and/or have long-term consequences is a big relief.

Heck yeah.

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:49 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:

The next few days will tell how things go.

I have no doubt that he may need some rest. Coaches will make the right call. They are aware of all factors, risks and potential consequences.

I believe that we can win against the Browns with Kirk. It will not be easy but none of our next 3 games is.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:02 pm

capitaldefense wrote:This up coming MRI will seal this seasons fate no doubt about it.

There's a good deal of doubt about it. We can still beat Cleveland and Philly with Cousins at QB.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:07 pm

Griffin's MRI is 'all clear'

It appears that Robert Griffin III is going to be OK after injuring his knee during the Redskins’ win over the Ravens.

Team spokesman Tony Wyllie told reporters that the MRI on the quarterback’s right knee is “all clear” and that he has a “sprained” knee.

There were concerns that Griffin might have a torn ACL or other such serious damage after he was hit while scrambling late in the fourth quarter. But Wyllie said that there was no such damage to the knee.

Coach Mike Shanahan will give further information on the injury during his news conference at 3:00 p.m. on Monday.

Update: Chick Hernandes of Comcast SportsNet is reporting that Griffin suffered no ligamant damage and had a contusion to the knee.
Last edited by Redskin in Canada on Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Hog

Postby funsho2 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:08 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:

The next few days will tell how things go.

I have no doubt that he may need some rest. Coaches will make the right call. They are aware of all factors, risks and potential consequences.

I believe that we can win against the Browns with Kirk. It will not be easy but none of our next 3 games is.

stop overlooking the browns....they are scary good....if rg3 can go ...we will need him at cleveland....cousins havent played enough games to be certain he will lead us to a win

Joe's#1Fan

Postby gibbsfan » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:08 pm

Hoping for the best for RG3
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR

Another Year Full Of Redskins Drama
"As The World Turns"

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:28 pm

Hold Robert Griffin out of the next game. If Griffin plays, he would be a nip slower, and less able to cut. An easier target to be hit, which we don't want. This kid is the future.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:42 pm

Not necessarily with regard to this hit but I really feel like guys are "out to get" Griff. I'm watching the Packer/Lion game and when Rodgers is vulnerable he simply is not targeted in the same way - not even by Suh. I also saw a guy go for Griff's head today on the sideline. Griff saw it coming, ducked, there was still helmet-to-helmet contact ... and no freaking call! What gives? Is it cuz he is a rookie with endorsements? Is it Bryce Harper getting thrown at in his first at bat? WTF? Guys are catching flags for trying to break up passes with good hits but guys are going after Griff's head EVERY WEEK and getting away with it.

;furious; ;furious; ;furious; ;furious; ;furious; ;furious; ;furious; ;furious; ;furious; ;furious;
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

~~~

Postby Champsturf » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:45 pm

I'm with you on that Darth. Total BS. As far as next week versus the Browns, if RGIII can play, he better! I've been waiting to go ot this game all season! Call me selfish, but I think that we could very well NEED him in this game. The Browns are no slouch. I am very grateful that the MRI showed nothing more than a sprain.
You'll always be remembered Sean. R.I.P.

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:28 am

Champsturf wrote:I'm with you on that Darth. Total BS. As far as next week versus the Browns, if RGIII can play, he better! I've been waiting to go ot this game all season! Call me selfish, but I think that we could very well NEED him in this game. The Browns are no slouch. I am very grateful that the MRI showed nothing more than a sprain.

Those who think we don't need RG3 against the Browns should think again. His decision making and ball handling are indispensable for this offense, probably just as important as his running and passing. Without him, we'll have a general breakdown. If I were Shanny, I would play him...but greatly restrict his running and insist he get rid of the ball quickly if the pass protection breaks down. I would also emphasize short passes. Make no mistake about it, the Browns are better than their record and pose a real threat.

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:34 am

I actually would prefer he sit it out as well. The kid has a bright future why risk all that? Regardless of how we feel about it? It does not matter Mike and RG3 will make that decision.

I think RG3 is going to play if he feels he can go. If that is the case I want him to just stay in the pocket and use his arm. He has shown us he can do so.

Thank the Heavens the injury wasn't too bad. =D>
Last edited by HEROHAMO on Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:52 am

RGIII is a stud and he wants to play vs. Browns.....we shall see

RG3 vows to 'fight through' injury in Week 15

Robert Griffin III vows to "fight through" his knee sprain and play in Week 15 at Cleveland.
"They told me that they felt like my ligaments feel good; it's just a matter of what the MRI says," Griffin said after the game. "They told me my ACL looked good, so I was feeling positive vibes from them. ... I'll still be able to run and do those things if it's just a really bad bruise, and then if it's anything else, like I told coach, I'll fight through it and I'll be playing next week." We wouldn't take that to the bank just yet, but it's a sign that RGIII will likely try to get at least one late-week practice in.
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

~~~~~

Postby Warmother » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:54 am

So long as Griffin can plant his right leg and drive off of it to make throws then he plays. If he can't then Kirk Cousins needs to step up.
RG3 is very tough, I think he will have to have a lot of weakness in his knee to not play.
"I never apologize. I'm sorry but that's just the way I am."

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:00 am

DarthMonk wrote:Not necessarily with regard to this hit but I really feel like guys are "out to get" Griff. I'm watching the Packer/Lion game and when Rodgers is vulnerable he simply is not targeted in the same way - not even by Suh. I also saw a guy go for Griff's head today on the sideline. Griff saw it coming, ducked, there was still helmet-to-helmet contact ... and no freaking call! What gives? Is it cuz he is a rookie with endorsements? Is it Bryce Harper getting thrown at in his first at bat? WTF? Guys are catching flags for trying to break up passes with good hits but guys are going after Griff's head EVERY WEEK and getting away with it.

I totally agree with you DarthMonk, and I know exactly which play you are talking about on the sideline yesterday. It was a little more obvious on the replays maybe, but the referees need to be looking out for RGIII. Guys are DEFINITELY out to get him.

I don't know if its guys hating on him as much as teams knowing they have to stop him somehow.

I would hope the league recognizes RGIII is one of the most exciting and marketable players to enter the league in a long time. They need to get these defenders in check before somebody hurts him seriously.

This isn't about RGIII scrambling either. I think the play he got hurt on was a freak thing and fair play from the Ravens. All these late shots and head shots he takes in the pocket are BS.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football