Playoffs...Playoffs??

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:11 pm

emoses14 wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:I was V surprised that Cam Cameron did not use Ray Rice and the running game more towards the end of the steelers game - I think Rice had like 78 yards on 12 carries - I do expect the Redskins run defense to be better than the Steelers run defense that we saw last Sunday in Baltimore

the worry is the Redskins pass D although Flacco is not as good a passing QB as Shell - I also think that the Ravens O line will NOT be able to give Flacco the protection that the giants O line did for Sheli

Didn't you hear from Eric Davis on NFL Network and Stephen A on Espn that the only reason the redskins defense is rated so highly is that everyone only passes on it because the pass defense is so horrible. SKins' run D is not good either, apparently.

I don't pay much attention to that stuff

At this time of year i prefer to base my thinking on what I'm seeing on the field - a lot of stats are misleading unless they are taken from the most recent games

Our D gave up some long plays and there were a number of open receivers that did not catch the ball last Monday - the only part of the D that was really effective was making them take FGs - if we can hold any good team to under 17 - I'll take my chances that this offense - AS IT IS PLAYING RIGHT NOW - will score enough points to win
Griffin will become a really good QB but it's going to take time

We are lucky to have Cousins - hopefully he can continue to play well

HAIL

Week 3 ... 27-21

Hog

Postby ACW » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:50 pm

Dammit :(
We lose, MIN and TB both win :(
Looks like STL will win too :(
DAL should lose.

EDIT: Or not :cry:

EDIT: Or not :)
STL, DAL, and MIN all win.
BUT TB loses on a last 2-second TD!

GO SAINTS!!!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:40 pm

Bengals suck...

no... seriously.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

-----------

Postby Smithian » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:35 pm

Playoff push is alive and well!

Even assuming the worse, we close with a manageable schedule. @ Cleveland, @ Philly, vs Dallas is tough but not murderer's row.

Kirk Cousins just needs to not mess up. Our running game gives us a good chance and hopefully the defense can goad Weeden and Foles into some mistakes. Would prefer RGIII, but very winnable games!

I predict a week 17 Tony Romo vs. Kirk Cousins battle for the playoffs!
"I said when he retired that Joe Gibbs was the best coach I'd ever faced." - Bill Parcells

Hog

Postby ACW » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:03 pm

The hell is wrong with you Brees? :x

Hog

Postby FLWSkin » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:23 pm

Pack let us down a couple of weeks ago and now the Saints. Dam I wish we had come out like we gave a crap against the Panthers and beaten them. That game is gonna kill us.

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:28 pm

After watching how the Giants are absolutely dismantling New Orleans; makes me feel a little better about our defense
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

Hog

Postby FLWSkin » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:30 pm

At least our D tries....

Hog

Postby riggofan » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:57 pm

Bob 0119 wrote:After watching how the Giants are absolutely dismantling New Orleans; makes me feel a little better about our defense

The Saints D actually kept them in the game with a couple of picks. It was their special teams that blew that game. We all think Danny Smith is terrible. Did anybody watch THAT fiasco in NY???? Drew Brees must be pissed....

Hog

Postby FLWSkin » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:25 pm

I don't think you could give up more yards on special teams if you tried. Jesus.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:26 pm

Smithian wrote:I predict a week 17 Tony Romo vs. Kirk Cousins battle for the playoffs!

God, I hope not. RGIII should be back by then.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:36 pm

Some of the fans here are amazing ... not long ago this franchise was the laughingstock of the NFC East

we are playing games in December and some are looking back and saying .. "woulda, coulda, shoulda .." - GET OUT OF HERE

we're playing games that mean something in December - This season is a bonus - we didn't bring in this kid to win games this season

RG3 is here to win Super Bowls in the future and to make this franchise great again

all that matters is we are still in the playoff chase - we are not a very good team yet but we're awfully close

and

we're finding ways to win
Griffin will become a really good QB but it's going to take time

We are lucky to have Cousins - hopefully he can continue to play well

HAIL

Week 3 ... 27-21

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:42 pm

I'm with you there SJ. I will say this though. Some here think we maybe should keep RG out for a bit. I look at it like this. If we play Trent, Fletch and Dhall, then RG should be put there too. The season is almost over. We have to try to stretch it.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:48 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:I'm with you there SJ. I will say this though. Some here think we maybe should keep RG out for a bit. I look at it like this. If we play Trent, Fletch and Dhall, then RG should be put there too. The season is almost over. We have to try to stretch it.

+1 to that. Obviously if his knee keeps him out, that's a different story. But this isn't Strasburg we're talking about.

Hog

Postby FLWSkin » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:56 pm

SkinsJock, if you are talking about me, all I meant was it would have been nice to win that game because 8-5 would look a lot better then 7-6 right now. What really bugged me about that game was the way we were sleep walking through the entire game. Really, the only bad games we have played all year were that game and the Steeler game.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football