Are we Serious??? CEDRIC Griffin suspended

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby ACW » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:07 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:29??! Weird... Your screen name or something led me to think you were at least 10years older.. the hell ACW stand for?
Just my initials :lol:

Hog

Postby cvillehog » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:05 pm

ADD drugs help people with ADD concentrate, and that's allowed. ADD drugs help people without ADD concentrate and that's disallowed?

Postby skinsfan#33 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:26 pm

cvillehog wrote:ADD drugs help people with ADD concentrate, and that's allowed. ADD drugs help people without ADD concentrate and that's disallowed?
Sounds like Cedric should have gotten a script for this made up disease.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:12 pm

Deadskins wrote:He'll be back just in time for the playoffs.

I heard something about his locker being cleared out and his number being given out to a practice squad player on ESPN radio. If this is actually true or not I can't say.

Hog

Postby ACW » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:14 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:
cvillehog wrote:ADD drugs help people with ADD concentrate, and that's allowed. ADD drugs help people without ADD concentrate and that's disallowed?
:roll: ADD isn't made up.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:10 pm

No ADD isn't made up. In my day we didn't take drugs for day dreaming or being hyper either. Instead we took drugs to get that way.

Our son’s school social worker told my wife and I if we refused to compile with their evaluation of ADHD and take our seven year old son to the doctor for Ritalin, that we could be charged by child protective services for neglecting his educational and emotional needs.

or

http://ritalindeath.com/New-Federal-Law.htm

ADD or ADHD are very similar. I'm no expect but I believe in Cedrics case he
was trying to get an edge. Has nothing to do with ADD.

Some Osteopathic Physicians are dedicated to finding the underlying health conditions and learning differences often misdiagnosed as ADD and ADHD.

Postby skinsfan#33 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:20 pm

ACW wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:

I know the pharmaceutical companies will tell you so.

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:29 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:
Spoken like someone who has never seen the magic. Overdiagnosed? Yes. Made up? No.

The problem isn't that ADD/ADHD aren't real... the problem is lazy parents who have undisciplined kids who are looking for a short cut... and con the pediatrician into prescribing it. The problem is pharmaceutical companies that love the sales volume that this drives.

It's wrong... just as saying ADHD doesn't exist is wrong.
It doesn't matter whether you believe me or not... I have seen properly prescribed and managed cerebrostimulants magically make children's lives better, literally hundreds of times.

You can say what you want. I know. I've seen it.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:00 pm

Countertrey wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:
Spoken like someone who has never seen the magic. Overdiagnosed? Yes. Made up? No.

The problem isn't that ADD/ADHD aren't real... the problem is lazy parents who have undisciplined kids who are looking for a short cut... and con the pediatrician into prescribing it. The problem is pharmaceutical companies that love the sales volume that this drives.

It's wrong... just as saying ADHD doesn't exist is wrong.
It doesn't matter whether you believe me or not... I have seen properly prescribed and managed cerebrostimulants magically make children's lives better, literally hundreds of times.

You can say what you want. I know. I've seen it.

+1

When I went back to school, we had adults and young people that were diagnosed and took test away from everyone else (secluded). I didn't think it unfair but still got the impression that it wasn't needed. What I hate is the pharmaceutical companies making money off of prescriptions that really aren't needed and then counter active drugs to fix other reactions. I think that may be where Skinsfan33 was coming from.

When you and I went to school when we were young Countertrey, this was not even an issue. I was a day dreamer. Some were hyper.

In Cedrics case I believe he was trying to get an edge that would possibly be permitted. He failed and if the rumors are true what I heard he is gone.

Oh and the discipline thing is right on. I will spank if necessary but most fear what will happen. I will bring up as I was brought up.

Hog

Postby ACW » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:27 am

skinsfan#33 wrote:
ACW wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:

:roll: Dude, I HAVE it. There is SUCH a difference between on and ff Ritalin, so if you don't know what you're talking about,

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:43 am

:shock: WOW - must be Friday ....

over react much? :lol:
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Postby skinsfan#33 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:40 pm

ACW wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:
ACW wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:

:roll: Dude, I HAVE it. There is SUCH a difference between on and ff Ritalin, so if you don't know what you're talking about,

Of course there is such a difference between being on a narcotic and not being on one!
Duh!

I'm not saying that there aren't people that benefit from using ADHD or ADD drugs, but what I'm saying is there have always been people that were "day dreamers" or "hyperactive", but it wasn't until the drug companies labeled it a disease or an affliction (to sell their drugs) that it became a disease or affliction.

Again, I'm not saying the drugs don't help some people, it seams to have worked for you. I just deal bad for those millions of kids that are essentially made into zombies fire half of the day when all they really needed was some diet management and exercise. My cousin was "hyper" and when he are or drank things he shouldn't he was a monster, but when he watched what he put into his body he was just like any other kid.

Too many times drugs seem to be a first resort instead of a last resort. To make it worse you have schools pressuring parrents to put their kids on this stuff. Sometimes I think it is down right child abuse.

Postby skinsfan#33 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:40 pm

ACW wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:
ACW wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:

Of course there is such a difference between being on a narcotic and not being on one!
Duh!

I'm not saying that there aren't people that benefit from using ADHD or ADD drugs, but what I'm saying is there have always been people that were "day dreamers" or "hyperactive", but it wasn't until the drug companies labeled it a disease or an affliction (to sell their drugs) that it became a disease or affliction.

Again, I'm not saying the drugs don't help some people, it seams to have worked for you. I just deal bad for those millions of kids that are essentially made into zombies fire half of the day when all they really needed was some diet management and exercise. My cousin was "hyper" and when he are or drank things he shouldn't he was a monster, but when he watched what he put into his body he was just like any other kid.

Too many times drugs seem to be a first resort instead of a last resort. To make it worse you have schools pressuring parrents to put their kids on this stuff. Sometimes I think it is down right child abuse.

Hog

Postby ACW » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:45 pm

Fair enough point. I won't argue that it may be overdiagnosed, but it's not just made up either.
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football