Playoffs...Playoffs??

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby markshark84 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:55 am

Rabid Raven wrote:If there's anyone that can punch holes in your cheap gimmick college offense, it's John Harbaugh and the Baltimore Ravens.

Word is we got a lot of Ravens Fans coming into SnyderWorld on Sunday. Chainsaw Dan will sh*t a brick when he sees all the purple in the stands.

As I said before there's a train comin' down the tracks to Union Station...

Come on guys...... he's right. The Ravesns are a train that can't be stopped...... ROTFALMAO

BAL has had 6 (of their 9) crazy signature wins against CLE (2), KC, OAK, SD, DAL..... :roll: then there was the HUGE 3-PT Roeth-less win over Pitt..... :roll: and the 1-PT NE win (@ home) only a week removed from their loss to the CARDS.....

Face it, BAL has only had 2 quality wins this year and they came in weeks 1 and 3. Thereafter they have rolled on some of the worst teams in the league --- and yes, Pitt is a bad team without Big Ben (BB should get MVP just because of the team drop off from his injury). BAL hasn't played a quality team since they got SMOKED by Houston 43-13.

Meanwhile the Skins are starting to come together and RGIII has re-entered the ROY discussion (and many analysts are saying MVP).

We'll see about that train.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:33 pm

Beat Baltimore!
SPIT HAPPENS!!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:32 pm

The easiest way 'in' is to win the division - the C hawks have 4 games left and 3 of them are at home

it's really amazing that we're even considering the playoffs ...

the players are very obviously buying into the whole thing as well
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:44 pm

SkinsJock wrote:The Ravens are at 9-3 and are the 'better' team - HOWEVER ... that means little at this time of year :lol:

The Redskins are not playing like a 6-6 team AND for sure the Ravens play recently has NOT been very good

For the remainder of this season ...

EVERY game for the Redskins is a battle and we need to continue to play with intensity in order to win

we will not win because we deserve to win or because we are 'favored' to win

we will ONLY win when we play the game with more intensity and desire than the other team on the field

just like last Monday night :lol:

as the man once said ... "just win baby ..."

SJ - I think this is one of your best posts.

:up:

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Postby yupchagee » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:16 pm

riggofan wrote:
Rabid Raven wrote:If there's anyone that can punch holes in your cheap gimmick college offense, it's John Harbaugh and the Baltimore Ravens.

Word is we got a lot of Ravens Fans coming into SnyderWorld on Sunday. Chainsaw Dan will sh*t a brick when he sees all the purple in the stands.

LOL. I'm sure everyone will be really intimidated by all that purple walking up to Fedex field. Hopefully nobody mistakes all those Ravens fans for a parade of gay bishops.

What's the big deal if they do?
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

swine

Postby JiveTurkee » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:19 pm

The Raisins suck on the road. Skins have momentum. I'd take RGIII anyday over Bert Flaccid.

swine

Postby JiveTurkee » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:21 pm

riggofan wrote:

LOL. I'm sure everyone will be really intimidated by all that purple walking up to Fedex field. Hopefully nobody mistakes all those Ravens fans for a parade of gay bishops.

ROTFALMAO

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:33 am

The fans of both teams are going to be fired up and I would not be surprised to see a lot of Ravens fans at the game - FedEx is not far to travel and one of the problems of having such a huge stadium is that there are a lot of seats available

The ravens players are looking ahead to the playoffs and really want to win their division

The Redskins players are (hopefully) focused on this game - the fans can think about the playoffs, the players (hopefully) will not

the Redskins players cannot do anything about getting a playoff spot - they just need to win this game, this week

winning the last 3 games has been huge but the last 2 have been VERY big - Dallas at home on a short week was one thing but beating the NY giants last Monday was really great - we now face a very good ravens team and have some momentum going - this will be another tough test for both our offense and especially our defense - Boldin is a really GOOD WR and Ray Rice is, IMO, one of the best backs in the NFL
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

swine

Postby JiveTurkee » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:16 am

SkinsJock wrote:The fans of both teams are going to be fired up and I would not be surprised to see a lot of Ravens fans at the game - FedEx is not far to travel and one of the problems of having such a huge stadium is that there are a lot of seats available

The ravens players are looking ahead to the playoffs and really want to win their division

The Redskins players are (hopefully) focused on this game - the fans can think about the playoffs, the players (hopefully) will not

the Redskins players cannot do anything about getting a playoff spot - they just need to win this game, this week

winning the last 3 games has been huge but the last 2 have been VERY big - Dallas at home on a short week was one thing but beating the NY giants last Monday was really great - we now face a very good ravens team and have some momentum going - this will be another tough test for both our offense and especially our defense - Boldin is a really GOOD WR and Ray Rice is, IMO, one of the best backs in the NFL

Problem is, Cam Cameron still hasn't grasped the concept that the ball needs to be in Ray Rice's hands ALOT, not Bert Flaccid's.

Control Ray Rice and get pressure on Flaccid and RGIII will have a field day on a limping Raisins defense.

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:29 am

JiveTurkee wrote:
riggofan wrote:

ROTFALMAO

Or the purple teletubby....................
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:33 am

JiveTurkee wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:The fans of both teams are going to be fired up and I would not be surprised to see a lot of Ravens fans at the game - FedEx is not far to travel and one of the problems of having such a huge stadium is that there are a lot of seats available

Problem is, Cam Cameron still hasn't grasped the concept that the ball needs to be in Ray Rice's hands ALOT, not Bert Flaccid's.

Control Ray Rice and get pressure on Flaccid and RGIII will have a field day on a limping Raisins defense.

Well, since we modeled our defense after the Steelers', I was hoping they'd take a good look at Sunday's film to see how you shut them down.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:38 am

yupchagee wrote:
riggofan wrote:

What's the big deal if they do?

:roll:

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:41 am

its always a good day when i see my brutha Bob talkin smack.

8)
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:26 pm

I was V surprised that Cam Cameron did not use Ray Rice and the running game more towards the end of the steelers game - I think Rice had like 78 yards on 12 carries - I do expect the Redskins run defense to be better than the Steelers run defense that we saw last Sunday in Baltimore

the worry is the Redskins pass D although Flacco is not as good a passing QB as Shell - I also think that the Ravens O line will NOT be able to give Flacco the protection that the giants O line did for Sheli

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:04 pm

SkinsJock wrote:I was V surprised that Cam Cameron did not use Ray Rice and the running game more towards the end of the steelers game - I think Rice had like 78 yards on 12 carries - I do expect the Redskins run defense to be better than the Steelers run defense that we saw last Sunday in Baltimore

the worry is the Redskins pass D although Flacco is not as good a passing QB as Shell - I also think that the Ravens O line will NOT be able to give Flacco the protection that the giants O line did for Sheli

Didn't you hear from Eric Davis on NFL Network and Stephen A on Espn that the only reason the redskins defense is rated so highly is that everyone only passes on it because the pass defense is so horrible. SKins' run D is not good either, apparently.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football