Jason Reid (WP) on RGIII's Leadership

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Jason Reid (WP) on RGIII's Leadership

Postby ACW » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:23 am

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/re ... print.html
No excerpt; just...read the whole thing =D> :celebrate:
Can't believe he's OUR QB :rock:

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:32 am

Crazy. I don't even know what to say anymore.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:16 pm

And this guy is on OUR TEAM.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:31 pm

The only thing left he has to prove is how he handles an offseason being as famous as he is now. I have no doubt that he will continue to impress. This kid is special. He has a Jordan-esque quality about him.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:58 pm

Wish a few games earlier had went our way.. now its gonna be a grind, but with RGiii behind center there isn't a team in the league we can't beat.
One at a time!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:38 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Wish a few games earlier had went our way..

A few did. :lol:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:47 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Wish a few games earlier had went our way.. now its gonna be a grind, but with RGiii behind center there isn't a team in the league we can't beat.
One at a time!

Yeah, they're all important. The Carolina, NYG & Rams games come to mind. SMH
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:22 pm

He just doesn't stop amazing folks. This rookie has completely changed the dynamic of this team and, for me, honestly and positively energized the fan base beyond anything we've had for a long time, maybe even ever. I just don't know what to say about him anymore. I've never known what it was like to have a player on your team that you could lean on to deliver all the time, and he's only playing his 12th game Monday. He had Dallas fans chanting his name. The. Name. of. The. 'Skins. QB.

MS looks like a genius for trading away 2 1sts and a 2nd for him. Quite frankly, STL will probably end up with the short end of this stick. Is there anyone who would take Bradford over Griffin?
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Postby skinsfan#33 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:33 pm

emoses14 wrote:

MS looks like a genius for trading away 2 1sts and a 2nd for him. Quite frankly, STL will probably end up with the short end of this stick. Is there anyone who would take Bradford over Griffin?

I had a nightmare last night that we traded RG3 to the Rams for Bradford. In addition to Bradford we got our 1st rounders back and the Rams through in theirs in 2013 and 14. So we ended up with Bradford and four first round picks fir the next two years.

It scared the crap out of me.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Hog

Postby grampi » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:24 pm

Deadskins wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Wish a few games earlier had went our way..

A few did. :lol:

Yeah, but the Skins lost several games this year to inferior teams...Rams, Bungles, Panthers just to name 3....

Hog

Postby FLWSkin » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:29 pm

I wonder how the Cinci game would have turned out if they hadn't blown Wilson down on that fumble recovery. Shame a whistle stopped that play and a blown whistle DIDN'T stop a TD run vs the Panthers....yeah, I hate the refs.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:39 pm

Same could be said for Josh Morgans penalty. But good thing is. We still control our own destiny. Let's go.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:06 pm

emoses14 wrote:He just doesn't stop amazing folks. This rookie has completely changed the dynamic of this team and, for me, honestly and positively energized the fan base beyond anything we've had for a long time, maybe even ever. I just don't know what to say about him anymore. I've never known what it was like to have a player on your team that you could lean on to deliver all the time, and he's only playing his 12th game Monday. He had Dallas fans chanting his name. The. Name. of. The. 'Skins. QB.

There is no doubt that RG3 is going to lead this franchise to glory ...

but there is NO WAY a franchise (like the Rams) that has a very good QB, that they are really pleased with, drafts another QB with that pick - the Rams made a good deal to get a bunch of picks

That trade was great for us but it was also a good trade for the Rams ... now they have to make those picks 'work' ...

the franchise that really got screwed was the Browns - they could easily have outbid us and they did not - they REALLY thought they were going to get that pick and Bruce and Mike swooped in and made the deal with Fisher and the Rams ..

'close' only 'counts' in horseshoes :lol:
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:11 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
emoses14 wrote:He just doesn't stop amazing folks. This rookie has completely changed the dynamic of this team and, for me, honestly and positively energized the fan base beyond anything we've had for a long time, maybe even ever. I just don't know what to say about him anymore. I've never known what it was like to have a player on your team that you could lean on to deliver all the time, and he's only playing his 12th game Monday. He had Dallas fans chanting his name. The. Name. of. The. 'Skins. QB.

There is no doubt that RG3 is going to lead this franchise to glory ...

but there is NO WAY a franchise (like the Rams) that has a very good QB, that they are really pleased with, drafts another QB with that pick - the Rams made a good deal to get a bunch of picks

That trade was great for us but it was also a good trade for the Rams ... now they have to make those picks 'work' ...

the franchise that really got screwed was the Browns - they could easily have outbid us and they did not - they REALLY thought they were going to get that pick and Bruce and Mike swooped in and made the deal with Fisher and the Rams ..

'close' only 'counts' in horseshoes :lol:

And hand grenades.

Not sure how much of a bargain a #6, a #38, and two #32 picks are for RGIII.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:24 pm

^^ that's true but you can't look at a trade that way ..

there is no doubt that RG3 is worth everything we gave up

the way 'deals' are made is based on certain criteria and the Rams were CERTAINLY not looking at having 2 good QBs - they had a lot of needs

let's not kid ourselves - we still have a lot of needs and we have little to no depth EXCEPT at QB :lol:

RG3 is huge for us but IF the Rams use their picks well, the deal was still a good one for them as well

like I said - the Browns made a HUGE mistake in not offering more ....
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football