Redskins put in failed wiaver claim for Babin

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
FanFromAnnapolis

Redskins put in failed wiaver claim for Babin

Postby Irn-Bru » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:06 am

Dodged a bullet IMHO.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/foo ... son-babin/

The Washington Redskins, seeking pass-rushing help for a stretch drive for a playoff spot, put in a failed waiver claim for defensive end Jason Babin, a person familiar with the situation said Wednesday.

Babin, released Tuesday by the Philadelphia Eagles, was awarded Wednesday to the Jacksonville Jaguars. The Jaguars had priority in the NFL’s waiver claim process because their record was the worst of the three teams that tried to claim Babin.

The Buffalo Bills also put in a claim for Babin, said the person, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the teams that made failed bids for Babin had not acknowledged it publicly.

The Jaguars inherited the remainder of Babin’s contract and will owe him a prorated portion of his $5.575 million salary, or a little more than $1.6 million, for the rest of this season.

Babin had 5-1/2 sacks for the Eagles this season. He had 18 sacks last season and has 53-1/2 sacks in his nine NFL seasons with the Houston Texans, Seattle Seahawks, Kansas City Chiefs, Tennessee Titans and Eagles. He has 36 sacks over the last three seasons.

He most often has played defensive end in a four-lineman, three-linebacker defensive alignment, but might have been moved to outside linebacker in the Redskins’ 3-4 scheme.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby andyjens89 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:18 pm

Agreed. He's getting up there in age as well
XVII XXII XXVI

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:41 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if the reason for the request was more to get insight into Phillys playbook, see how he does during the season and then cut him if necessary.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:32 pm

I think they were looking for a little more pass rush since Orakpo is gone. I don't think they were thinking long term. He would have been with us the rest of the season, and then cut after.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:50 pm

Deadskins wrote:I think they were looking for a little more pass rush since Orakpo is gone. I don't think they were thinking long term. He would have been with us the rest of the season, and then cut after.

+1

We have to get to the QB more consistently. Kerrigan has suffered from the double teams. And nobody else is commanding more attention.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:04 pm

I've been noticing on the game film that teams are going three wide receivers on us using 11 and 10 personel groupings, which pushes us into nickel. With four down lineman rushing, it would have been nice to add Babin as a nickel DE and let him rush in that package
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football