Kicker

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
#######

Postby The Hogster » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:35 am

It's mind numbing how some people here still argue in favor of Gano. Defend him despite what our own eyes showed us, and what Mike Shanahan obviously saw too. It's almost like how people thought Colt Brennan was the next Brett Favre who'd obviously go elsewhere and reach legend status. Or how Marko Mitchell was the next Randy Moss. Or that Marcus Mason was the second coming of Barry Sanders and would tapdance all over us for another decade en route to canton.

Get real people. Graham Gano-Good was no good. That's why he was dead last in FG percentage for TWO seasons in a row. And, that's why he got cut. That's also why he dangled in the unemployment line for months before getting picked up by Carolina and promptly missing an extra point.

He's not the next David Akers because he is not very good.

Kai Forbath is what we knew him to be. A deadly accurate kicker who can nail FGs from all over the field. But, also a guy who didn't even kickoff in college. He's doing just fine and this is the kind of guy you keep and let him develop on kickoffs.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:45 am

The Hogster wrote:It's mind numbing how some people here still argue in favor of Gano.
What's mind numbing is how you still don't see that no one here is arguing in favor of Gano. Now, there were definitely people arguing in favor of Gano when we had Cundiff. What they are doing is trying to get you to admit that your stat about being the worst kicker in the NFL in 2011, was predicated on the blocked kicks. It's like saying RGIII isn't the most accurate QB in the NFL because the WRs dropped 12 balls in Pittsburg.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:48 am

Deadskins wrote:
The Hogster wrote:It's mind numbing how some people here still argue in favor of Gano.
What's mind numbing is how you still don't see that no one here is arguing in favor of Gano. Now, there were definitely people arguing in favor of Gano when we had Cundiff. What they are doing is trying to get you to admit that your stat about being the worst kicker in the NFL in 2011, was predicated on the blocked kicks. It's like saying RGIII isn't the most accurate QB in the NFL because the WRs dropped 12 balls in Pittsburg.

Nobody is talking to you. Do your homework for once and you'll see that he was also the worst kicker in 2010 without the blocks. This has been discussed too much and should be dead. But, check this thread. The name Gano weasels it's way into this debate and it shouldn't. He sucked, just like the arguments in favor of him.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:59 am

I defended Gano w/r/t Cundiff, ONLY. Cundiff sucked more (which is why he is STILL unemployed).

I am all in on Cobra Kai. Graham who?

"Strike first, strike hard, strike fast, no mercy, sir."
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:01 am

The Hogster wrote:Nobody is talking to you.

To whom did the Hogster post this? -drinking
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:01 am

The Hogster wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

Nobody is talking to you. Do your homework for once and you'll see that he was also the worst kicker in 2010 without the blocks. This has been discussed too much and should be dead. But, check this thread. The name Gano weasels it's way into this debate and it shouldn't. He sucked, just like the arguments in favor of him.

Um, when you respond directly to a poster, then you are talking to that person. And when you post an open message on this board, then you are talking to all its members. :oops: Show me where I (or anyone else for that matter) said he wasn't the worst in 2010? I and others argued that he showed improvement from 2010 to 2011 when you took the blocks into account. But you are still unable to admit that fact. You are also unwilling to admit that no one is currently arguing for Gano, just rehashing this old point trying to get you to drop your straw man argument.

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:04 am

The Hogster wrote:. It's almost like how people thought Colt Brennan was the next Brett Favre who'd obviously go elsewhere and reach legend status.

Nothing, NOTHING, will ever be as bad as the whining, knob slobbing and incessant drivel that went along with the Cult of Colt and the clamoring for him to replace Campbell. Anything negative said about Campbell and how much he sucked should be magnified by at least 20x when discussing Brennan, yet we had board members literally crying for Colt to replace him.

Where's Colt now, by the way?
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:10 am

emoses14 wrote:the Cult of Colt and the clamoring for him to replace Campbell.

Did he ever get a shot? Not even arguing he was better than Campbell, he just never got a shot. Tom Brady may have been a "who's that" too, if Bledsoe had never been injured. Just sayin'

And no, I'm not comparing the two players, just their situations. :roll:

Hail to the Redskins!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:16 am

Deadskins wrote:
emoses14 wrote:the Cult of Colt and the clamoring for him to replace Campbell.

Did he ever get a shot? Not even arguing he was better than Campbell, he just never got a shot. Tom Brady may have been a "who's that" too, if Bledsoe had never been injured. Just sayin'

And no, I'm not comparing the two players, just their situations. :roll:

The point is that some people here get so attached to particular players that they build them up to a status that far exceeds what reasonable people see with their own eyes. The latest is Gano. He wasn't very good which is why he got cut. Yet, his name still rings bells here. This thread should be about Kai Forbath...the beast whose perfect so far on FGs. Yet somehow, some way, Graham Gano winds up entering the discussion with people day dreaming about the "big leg" he had. And, the hopes he's not the next David Akers. It's ridiculous.

Kai Forbath. Cobra Kai. He's the man. Let Gano star in Carolina's ShawShank Redemption.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:18 am

Deadskins wrote:But you are still unable to admit that fact.

The closest I ever saw a Hogster post coming to such an admission. It only took imploring him to read a link about 1/2 a dozen times. The usual condescension accompanied the semi-admission:

The Hogster wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:
The Hogster wrote: The key is assessing his performance relative to other kickers. If you subtract his blocks, bad snaps etc, you'd have to do that for everyone else in order to accurately compare them. DUHHHHHH. :shock:

Therefore I suggest you actually take this link and READ!

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/fi ... -of-blocks

Gano ranks 18th at 85.71%. INCLUDING blocked kicks as MISSED ATTEMPTS he's better than Lowdriller. Got any "clutch" stats on him???

Darth (YOUR DADDY) Monk

PS - Your last post was funny!

Have you read your own stats?? :lol: Even based on this link we were dead last in FG make % excluding blocks in 2010. This year we improved to an impressive 18th in the league. Yay.

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/fi ... 2011-02-07

Moving on.

DarthMonk

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:23 am

The Hogster wrote:This thread should be about Kai Forbath...the beast whose perfect so far on FGs. Yet somehow, some way, Graham Gano winds up entering the discussion with people day dreaming about the "big leg" he had.

Yes, the OP mentioned him in the first post. :lol:

Hail to the Redskins!

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:58 am

DarthMonk wrote:

This post, the one replying to DarthMonk, is false.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:00 am

DarthMonk wrote:Moving on.

I think that is all one can do.

Well, and maybe crack a joke here and there.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:05 am

Irn-Bru wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:

This post, the one replying to DarthMonk, is false.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzVxsYzXI_Y

DarthMonk

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:43 am

Grown man with a Star Wars obsession. How Darth you? Lol
SPIT HAPPENS!!