5 years today, the anniversary of Sean Taylors passing.....

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

5 years today, the anniversary of Sean Taylors passing.....

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:25 am

Today I woke up and felt sad, after my shower I looked into my mancave to see Sean Taylor's picture and his towel. I sat in my chair and thought just how good would he have been? To think of what I and all Redskins Nation was robbed of. The saddest part is his daughter who isn't able to know her father. Today I shed a tear for Sean, his family and the rest of Redskins Nation. We miss you Sean!!! RIP #21 HTTR

Hog

Postby FLWSkin » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:03 pm

What could have been.... :(

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:19 pm

We'd be 11-0 right now.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

piggie

Postby fetus » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:08 pm

this day is always weird for me...
it's my little brother's birthday
my best friend, who passed away, birthday
and the day Sean Taylor died....
WTF Nov. 27th????
RGIII and the terrible D

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:10 pm

The official tribute video on Redskins.com today uses an image that our very own NCHog put together.

"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:43 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:The official tribute video on Redskins.com today uses an image that our very own NCHog put together.

I hope they paid him. :roll:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

cappster

Postby Cappster » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:49 pm

RIP Sean. Gone way too soon.
Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 280x, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:02 pm

I still remember the sunken feeling when I saw that he had died. Not just where I was, but the feeling of plain sadness for the kid. We had seen him at Giant Stadium against the Jets. I don't remember his play, or if he did play that game, but I remember him during warm-ups: part of the time running, jumping to stuff a football between the goal posts...pure fun. Then seriousness, with clipboard and pencil, testing the place-kicker from both hash-marks, 25, 35, 45 yards, checking the wind, looking up at the flag on the posts before each kick, penciling in the results.

Awful times.

Hog

Postby ACW » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:14 pm

:cry:
From RGIII's Twitter:
Never got the chance to meet Sean Taylor, but his legacy is embedded in our franchise. Because of that...We play with him every game

Hog

Postby TimSkin » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:20 pm

I remember it all too well; I was in Lambeau during week 6 of that year and Sean intercepted Favre twice and forced a fumble. One of his interceptions was the one that broke the record for most interceptions of all time for Favre. I thought for sure when Favre threw the ball it was a TD cuz the receiver was SOOOO open. When Favre threw it Taylor was in the middle of the field and he still got both feet down when the momentum was carrying him out of bounds.

In the postgame press conference Favre was asked why he threw the pass with Taylor there, and he responded "He wasn't when I threw it..."

We lost 17-14 but being able to watch Sean fly all over the field making plays made the whole trip worth it by itself.

RIP Sean and wish nothing but the best for your young daughter.
HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:57 am

TimSkin wrote:I remember it all too well; I was in Lambeau during week 6 of that year and Sean intercepted Favre twice and forced a fumble. One of his interceptions was the one that broke the record for most interceptions of all time for Favre. I thought for sure when Favre threw the ball it was a TD cuz the receiver was SOOOO open. When Favre threw it Taylor was in the middle of the field and he still got both feet down when the momentum was carrying him out of bounds.

In the postgame press conference Favre was asked why he threw the pass with Taylor there, and he responded "He wasn't when I threw it..."

We lost 17-14 but being able to watch Sean fly all over the field making plays made the whole trip worth it by itself.

RIP Sean and wish nothing but the best for your young daughter.

The magic of that man on a football field is the kind of once in a lifetime gift that we are now seeing with RGIII. For me, his death placed a grim veneer on this team that only RGIII is beginning to remove, but it'll never be gone. It still requires effort for me to watch our secondary and not think about his patrolling the field.

I'm saddened for his loss to me as a fan, it is entirely unfair.

I am utterly heartbroken for his daughter's loss, that is simply a tragedy.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:33 am

I joined here because of his shooting. I was in shock and needed a place to bury my thoughts. Still miss him
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

+++++++++

Postby Skinsfan55 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:13 pm

I remember I took a yellow wristband and draw #21 on it in sharpie. I wore that thing for 2 weeks.
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:27 pm

I just checked my first entry on this site. here it is. My daughter just turned 6!!!

I'm not real good with words, but I just wanted to add something on here as to how I feel. I've been fighting tears all day because of how passionate I am about the team, and how bad I feel for ST's family. I have a one yr old daughter and can't imagine what they went through, or what's to come. I live out in Chicago, and so no one out here really knows how passionate skins fans are about the team, and can't relate to my grief. I'm married to a Steeler fan and so she understands.

I've never met ST in my life, just enjoyed what he brought to this team. He was the face of the defense...he was superman. I loved how his gloves were never velcro'ed shut, how he wore his socks up to his knee, how his shirt was always untucked, his huge hits, how he walked like a total bad a*^ with a little hunch in his back, but most importantly, I loved his passion for the game. He played the game as I remember the hogs used to play. They left it all on the field.

I'm flying in for the next two games (next week against Chicago), with no tickets and no plans. Just want to be with people who feel the same about what's going on. I'm first in line to get a replica Portis 21 jersey if they go on sale.

For those of you who were dogging Gibbs, I'd love to see your faces now. This is the ONLY coach I'd want in this situation.

Fight on
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:12 pm

Don't mean to hijack the thread with a shameless plug but I was able to interview Sean's father, Pete, this weekend.

Here is a portion of the article. Let me know what you guys think.

Five years ago today, the Washington Redskins suffered a tragic loss when Pro Bowl safety Sean Taylor died of a gunshot wound at the age of 24.

The news came as a shock and took a lot of time to accept for many people in the D.C. and Miami areas.

For Sean's father, Pete Taylor, faith helped guide him through the acceptance process.

"As a father," Taylor says, "you still deal with it in a private setting and you respect and honor what God has done and know he makes no mistakes."

Read the rest here: Remembering Sean Taylor - A Father's Retrospective
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football