Is there something about Jabar Gaffney?

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
The Punisher

Is there something about Jabar Gaffney?

Postby Bob 0119 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:40 pm

He had a career year with us last year, over 900 yards receiving and five touchdowns.

I figured we cut him for cap reasons.

He went to th Patriots and was cut, then to Miami only to be cut again.

Now I know he is facing a two game suspension, but really, why isn't he catching on somewhere or right back here in Washington? If he could put up those kinds of numbers with Grossman, what could he do with RGIII?
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

Hog

Postby rskin72 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:00 pm

I really never saw gaffney as a stud wr.....i think he is an average wr but he benefitted from our weak wr corps last season with hankerson injured, moss with an off year.....really only other receiver of note was davis at te.

Think he may have been let go for other reasons as well......yes we brought in two wr's to compliment our wr corp.....but also remember the twitter incident as well. Think it was shortly after that that he was released.

And, he is 31 as well......so doesn't fit in with our current youth movement.
A winning effort begins with preparation.
Failures are expected by losers, ignored by winners.

Quotes by Joe Gibbs

Hog

Postby andyjens89 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:02 pm

This offense is based on speed and YAC in the passing game, neither of which Gaffney provides. No thanks.
XVII XXII XXVI

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:17 pm

andyjens89 wrote:This offense is based on speed and YAC in the passing game, neither of which Gaffney provides. No thanks.

You make a valid point. Gaffney shines when he's jumping up high for the ball but he's not a speedy "catch the ball in stride" kinda guy.
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:24 pm

YAC. He can't do it.

Everyone cried when he was cut. - lmao
Everyone cried when we got Garcon - lmfao

And now we are talking about this bum AGAIN. - smh

And in the wrong forum - smgdh
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:38 pm

Gaffney needs to get a key grip. :hmm:
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:07 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:YAC. He can't do it.

Everyone cried when he was cut. - lmao
Everyone cried when we got Garcon - lmfao

And now we are talking about this bum AGAIN. - smh

And in the wrong forum - smgdh

947 yards, 5 TDs and 50 first downs with Grossman at QB. You wanna compare him to Garçon when you should be comparing him to Briscoe or Banks or did you forget we carry more than three WRs?

Maybe all that head-shaking has made you dizzy. :lol:

Hog

Postby cvillehog » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:29 pm

Gaffney was one of the few slightly not-dim spots last year, so I understand why people might have some affection for him, but I can't think of a single WR on our roster today that I'd lose to gain him back.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:56 am

cvillehog wrote:Gaffney was one of the few slightly not-dim spots last year, so I understand why people might have some affection for him, but I can't think of a single WR on our roster today that I'd lose to gain him back.

Any team that wants him will have two weeks to decide who to lose...

PFT wrote:Free agent WR Jabar Gaffney's two-game suspension stems from a 2010 arrest.

The incident occurred in Miami prior to Super Bowl XLIV. Gaffney was a member of the Broncos from 2009-10, so he was just down in the area as a visitor. The receiver was cited for resisting arrest without violence. Gaffney will serve his suspension while on the street, and then will look for more work.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby TCIYM » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:37 pm

andyjens89 wrote:This offense is based on speed and YAC in the passing game, neither of which Gaffney provides. No thanks.

Yea, so was the offense which featured Gary Clark and Ricky Sanders, but the team still needed an Art Monk. There has to be more to it than meets the eye test.

Postby yupchagee » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:32 am

When an established productive player is cut by 3 teams in 1 year, there has to be a reason not connected to his on field performance.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:52 am

TCIYM wrote:

Yea, so was the offense which featured Gary Clark and Ricky Sanders, but the team still needed an Art Monk. There has to be more to it than meets the eye test.

You didn't just indirectly compare Jabar Gaffney to Art Monk... You didn't just do that, nope, you had to have meant that some other way.

If you think that these two players are in any-way-shape-or-form comparable, than an eye test is indeed, in order.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:33 am

He wasn't ever that good, his age and attitude are not what we need here and evidently as bad as the Receiving Corps is in Miami if he can't make it there what does that say? Hell Armstrong was cut too, another example of how bad our receiving core was once upon a time...............

Return to Around the League