And RGIII Sets Two MORE Records

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
piggie

Postby Bishop Hammer » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:27 pm

Bob 0119 wrote:He's also only the second QB to have a perfect game his rookie year.

(Drew Bledsoe was first in '93)

That seems like good company to be in, IMO.
I don't have to sell my soul,
He's already in me,
I don't need to sell my soul,
He's already in me.
I wanna be adored
I wanna be adored.

Stone Roses
I wanna be adored

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:36 am

In the past two games RGIII has only nine incomplete passes but eight TDs.
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:04 am

Bob 0119 wrote:In the past two games RGIII has only nine incomplete passes but eight TDs.

Reminiscent of his Senior year isn't it?!

:twisted:

As a pro! Awesome!

HAIL yeeeeah! Qb rating was legit this week too. Might finish the season as the best for a room I'm thinking.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

########

Postby Scottskins » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:33 am

he's a tough kid. qbs get hit. it's not like he's some little frail kid. he's a beast and he'll be fine...
Death to the EGO! RIP 21

Hog

Postby mastdark81 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:49 am

gotta love it...he passes some record each week. No way he's not rookie of the year.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:34 am

He keeps this up and he's NFL rookie of the year ... AND NFL MVP - no doubt :D

cannot wait to see this franchise playing next season with all the pieces in place

THIS kid is incredibly special - maybe the guys that wondered if we gave up too much can now admit how far off the mark they were

The FO made one of the best trades in NFL history

AND

the trade with the Rams was ALSO a great value for their franchise as well - that's a great thing
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

piggie

Postby Bishop Hammer » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:24 am

SkinsJock wrote:He keeps this up and he's NFL rookie of the year ... AND NFL MVP - no doubt :D

cannot wait to see this franchise playing next season with all the pieces in place

THIS kid is incredibly special - maybe the guys that wondered if we gave up too much can now admit how far off the mark they were

AND

the trade with the Rams was ALSO a great value for their franchise as well - that's a great thing

Not according to some Rams fans. I've noted a couple of them that are kicking themselves because their team didn't draft RG3 and getting rid of Bradford. :lol:

And of course, most of them are rooting for our guys to lose so they can have a higher draft pick.
I don't have to sell my soul,
He's already in me,
I don't need to sell my soul,
He's already in me.
I wanna be adored
I wanna be adored.

Stone Roses
I wanna be adored

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:11 pm

More randomness

Tony Romo has been in the league for seven years and yesterday, on his 163rd touchdown pass he completed his longest of 85-yards

RGIII's 1st touchdown pass was 88-yards

Is it bad that I was annoyed the Garçon's TD was 59-yards instead of 60?

RGIII is the only rookie to have completed four 60+ yard touchdown passes and rushed for one 60+ yard TD. one more yard would have made that five.

Of RGIII's 16 TD passes this season ten of them have been from outside the Redzone
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:39 pm

SkinsJock wrote:He keeps this up and he's NFL rookie of the year ... AND NFL MVP - no doubt :D

AND

Getting all the pieces might be a tall order for next year. I agree though that we can fill some more holes. I am thinking 3 more years if we can keep from losing key players from injury. I am loving this win though. This made my year :)

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:06 am

Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III had another impressive outing Thursday, and continues to rewrite the record books.
With his 20-for-28, 311-yard, four-touchdown performance in the 38-31 victory over Dallas, Griffin broke Washington’s single-season team records for passing yards by a rookie and passing touchdowns by a rookie.

Until Thursday, Norm Snead held the single-season yards record (2,337 in 1961) and Eddie LeBaron the touchdown passing mark (14 in 1952).
For the season, Griffin III is now 206 for 305 (67.5 percent) for 2,504 yards with 16 touchdowns.

Griffin became the first player in Redskins history to pass for four touchdowns in consecutive games. He is only the second NFL player this season with four touchdown passes in consecutive weeks.

Griffin also is the first player in NFL history to have four 60-yard passing touchdowns and a rushing touchdown of at least 60 yards (76 yard touchdown run vs. Minnesota) in a season.

Griffin is the first rookie since the 1970 AFL-NFL merger to have multiple games with four or more passing touchdowns in a season.

Griffin’s four passing touchdowns in a Thanksgiving game are also the most by a Redskins quarterback, surpassing the three Thanksgiving touchdowns thrown by Jim Ninowski on Nov. 28, 1968 and Danny Wuerffel on Nov. 28, 2002.

Griffin’s 311 yards are also the most by a Redskins quarterback on Thanksgiving, surpassing Ninowski’s 280.

With five games remaining, Griffin is on pace to throw for 3,642 yards with 23 touchdowns and just six interceptions, and 934 rushing yards.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:44 pm

-any records being broke with that last stat line DM?
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:15 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:-any records being broke with that last stat line DM?

1st QB in NFL history to be on pace for those numbers with 5 games to go.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:33 pm

Best Redskin rookie QB since Slingin' Sammy. Thinking about it...maybe they should let RG3 try punting...a quick kick off the shotgun? And the team is hurting at safety...maybe add RG3 to the DBs the next time the Skins go into the "prevent" defense? Yes: I'd like to see an INT with one of his 4-TD games.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:36 pm

welch wrote:Best Redskin rookie QB since Slingin' Sammy. Thinking about it...maybe they should let RG3 try punting...a quick kick off the shotgun? And the team is hurting at safety...maybe add RG3 to the DBs the next time the Skins go into the "prevent" defense? Yes: I'd like to see an INT with one of his 4-TD games.

No doubt he could do these well. Not sure about place kicks but punt return when we need it would be scary too.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

Postby yupchagee » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:27 am

He's also the best ball handler we've had since LeBaron.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football