Garcon back, Banks should be benched, Cooley needs touches

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Garcon back, Banks should be benched, Cooley needs touches

Postby fleetus » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:51 pm

Now that Garcon is back in the starting lineup, I hope we can end those completely ineffective plays where Banks shifts to the backfield. Has Banks made it past the line of scrimmage once?

I'm also tired of seeing Banks making poor KR/PR decisions, including running the PR out of the end zone this week and being stuffed inside the 10. These poor decisions plus his fumbles have far outweighed the few returns he has broken for significant yardage.

Nothing against Paulsen but I'd like to see Cooley get a few touches. He's made some nice blocks, but with his hands I would think he'd be a great outlet receiver for RG3.
Build through the draft!

the 'mudge

Re: Garcon back, Banks should be benched, Cooley needs touch

Postby Countertrey » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:55 pm

fleetus wrote: Has Banks made it past the line of scrimmage once?

Well... he did have a catch for a first down...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

---

Re: Garcon back, Banks should be benched, Cooley needs touch

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:58 pm

fleetus wrote:Now that Garcon is back in the starting lineup, I hope we can end those completely ineffective plays where Banks shifts to the backfield. Has Banks made it past the line of scrimmage once?

I'm also tired of seeing Banks making poor KR/PR decisions, including running the PR out of the end zone this week and being stuffed inside the 10. These poor decisions plus his fumbles have far outweighed the few returns he has broken for significant yardage.

Nothing against Paulsen but I'd like to see Cooley get a few touches. He's made some nice blocks, but with his hands I would think he'd be a great outlet receiver for RG3.

You must not watch the games because Banks has been effective when on the field as a WR. He had a play for a first this past game.

Sorry, Cooley is ineffective. Paulsen has really stepped up. Cooley is #2, where he should be.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:31 pm

If u read the other banks thread, you'd realize his pressence alone creates mismatches and leads to plays with someone else getting.overlooked.

We really.need another thread?
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:00 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:If u read the other banks thread, you'd realize his pressence alone creates mismatches and leads to plays with someone else getting.overlooked.

Unfortunately, Robinson can also do that... and... you don't keep a player around just because he has a special talent for trick plays.

I'm realizing that I'm starting to sound like a Banks buzz kill... but I'm not. I love Banks... but the dude is NOT earning his check right now. If he were on this team because he is an effective WR, that would be one thing... but the reason he is here is because he was a major threat on teams.

He needs to rip off some big returns, or he is likely to disappear. He is hesitant in the PR game, and has been negated by the KO rules as a KR. Special teams is his ticket, not WR... If he doesn't have that, what in his resume keeps him on this team?
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:22 pm

All true, and valid points.
Hope he can make a case for.himself vs the gnats!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

~~~~~

Postby Warmother » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:16 am

Countertrey wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:If u read the other banks thread, you'd realize his pressence alone creates mismatches and leads to plays with someone else getting.overlooked.

Unfortunately, Robinson can also do that... and... you don't keep a player around just because he has a special talent for trick plays.

I'm realizing that I'm starting to sound like a Banks buzz kill... but I'm not. I love Banks... but the dude is NOT earning his check right now. If he were on this team because he is an effective WR, that would be one thing... but the reason he is here is because he was a major threat on teams.

He needs to rip off some big returns, or he is likely to disappear. He is hesitant in the PR game, and has been negated by the KO rules as a KR. Special teams is his ticket, not WR... If he doesn't have that, what in his resume keeps him on this team?

I agree with you CT. It seems to me that Banks dances to much on a return of any kind. His gift is his speed but it seems that he wants to juke everybody before he takes off.
"I never apologize. I'm sorry but that's just the way I am."

Hog

Postby TimSkin » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:14 pm

Warmother wrote:
Countertrey wrote:

I agree with you CT. It seems to me that Banks dances to much on a return of any kind. His gift is his speed but it seems that he wants to juke everybody before he takes off.

You beat me to it CT for Robinson is just as fast if not faster than Banks and Banks has made some poor decisions this year in the return game especially catching that punt against the pukes in the end zone.

I also love Banks and it just seems like his decision making isn't as focused but that's also on the blocking on STs too and he's been putting a lot of work in to make himself a better more rounded football player.

As for Cooley I keep forgetting we resigned him and I really like the way Logan has stepped and Niles has turned it up that past few weeks too especially in STs where Cooley isn't as effective anymore. Also from what I've read all the players and coaches say Logan has some of the best hands on the team.
HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:19 am

Banks is a nice change of pace option at WR. I can't stand to watch him do PR/KR. There has to be someone who's just as fast as him who can make a simple decision to down it in the endzone instead of running it out and getting to the 7 yard line.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:32 pm

All Banks has to do is break 1 or 2. Especially now that the season is on the line. People complain about him ever year in between his explosions for points. Then they go "oh okay...well we need someone else who can do that."
SPIT HAPPENS!!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:17 pm

Lmao

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:36 pm

The Hogster wrote:All Banks has to do is break 1 or 2. Especially now that the season is on the line. People complain about him ever year in between his explosions for points. Then they go "oh okay...well we need someone else who can do that."

Dude has had one TD return in the past three years. What is this "between his explosions" you're speaking of? :)

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:48 pm

riggofan wrote:
The Hogster wrote:All Banks has to do is break 1 or 2. Especially now that the season is on the line. People complain about him ever year in between his explosions for points. Then they go "oh okay...well we need someone else who can do that."

Dude has had one TD return in the past three years. What is this "between his explosions" you're speaking of? :)

We're between them now. :lol:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:50 pm

Deadskins wrote:
riggofan wrote:

We're between them now. :lol:

LMFAO. :)

Postby yupchagee » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:52 pm

Warmother wrote:
Countertrey wrote:

I think part of the problem is poor ST coaching. Where is Thrash?
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football