Cowpies LOOOOOOOZE post-game thread

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Joe's#1Fan

Postby gibbsfan » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:12 am

very nice win and RG3 what more can i say .

he,s simply AWESOME.

keep it going skins we might be on to something... :D
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR

Another Year Full Of Redskins Drama
"As The World Turns"

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:26 am

Countertrey wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:I need to go back and quote some of negative Nancy's.
There is some good material in the Game Day thread... knock yourself out! LOL

Please do. I'd love some material from the two weeks after the Carolina loss in there also. Pffft. "Fans"!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:29 am

riggofan wrote:
Countertrey wrote:

Please do. I'd love some material from the two weeks after the Carolina loss in there also. Pffft. "Fans"!

I'll do it next week. I'll have plenty of time in my hotel during my business trip.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:31 am

HEROHAMO wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:The prevent sissy crap haz to go asap... The aggressive D caused turnovers and PREVENTED touch downs. Pretty clear what to do to me...

As for Hall.. ya winning by more on the card is cool... But like Red said, risking injury to other players on ko and D is pointless.
And as a certified puke HATER I love the ending! He did better then score a td he rubbed thier damn faces in it!
Best way to beat the pukes?
Victory formation on their one! Lmmfao I loved it hail to victory! Great W on a great day, we've been long starved of this type of thing

The defense played there hearts out in the first half. They also deserve credit for saving a would be touchdown in the final minutes.

I do agree though the prevent should be used sparingly. I actually think a cover three while sending 5 to pressure the QB is all thats needed.

Sucks to see the Cowboys scoring at all, but up 28-6 at half time, clearly our defense AND offense strategy was different in the second. They did what they needed to do to get the W.

Also, just wanted to add how STOKED I am about Kai Forbath to date. For all of the talk about how we needed to give Gano time to develop, etc; Kai seems to have skipped that step and just comes in here and makes his kicks. How nice would it be to have found our QB *and* our PK for the next decade+ this year?

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:35 am

Q: Who won?
A: Redskins beat the Cowboys. Don't need to say anything more. Hail to the Redskins!!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:38 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
riggofan wrote:
Countertrey wrote:

I'll do it next week. I'll have plenty of time in my hotel during my business trip.

Looking forward to it. Safe trip!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:06 pm

Countertrey wrote:I'd have taken it in... It's Dallas. I'm surprised he didn't... as a Redskins fan, he knows the history... when you have them down... give them an extra kick.

It was a bang bang play... no one would have called him selfish for scoring...

I think he thought he was running out the clock (a la Westbrook a few years back). He didn't realize it stops anyway on change of possession plays like kickoffs. Punch it in, then go for two! :twisted:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:30 pm

Question: Someone tell me why Jerrah was SWEATING BEADS during his press-con last night....?

He was soaking wet about his nightmare (RGIII) that would plague him for the next decade.......hahahaha
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

Hog

Postby aswas71788 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:57 pm

I wonder if there is anyone in the universe now that thinks the Redskins gave up to much to get RGIII? Not me!!!

Hog

Postby grampi » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:35 pm

Burgundy&Wha? wrote:
Countertrey wrote:I'd have taken it in... It's Dallas. I'm surprised he didn't... as a Redskins fan, he knows the history... when you have them down... give them an extra kick.

It was a bang bang play... no one would have called him selfish for scoring...

And yet, after all the years of "Meangelo" I'll commend him for taking the slide.

I would commend him too if there would've been a reason not to score...but there wasn't...

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:55 pm

emoses14 wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:The prevent sissy crap haz to go asap... The aggressive D caused turnovers and PREVENTED touch downs. Pretty clear what to do to me...

As for Hall.. ya winning by more on the card is cool... But like Red said, risking injury to other players on ko and D is pointless.
And as a certified puke HATER I love the ending! He did better then score a td he rubbed thier damn faces in it!
Best way to beat the pukes?
Victory formation on their one! Lmmfao I loved it hail to victory! Great W on a great day, we've been long starved of this type of thing

not to excuse us, but every team at seemingly ever level does this and it sucks. I have for years racked my brain with the question "IF A worked all game to get you the lead you are trying to protect, why in Hades are you switching to B (the prevent)? Wouldn't continuing to do A make more sense?"

You are correct! The Giants had a big lead over Dallas in Dallas a couple of weeks ago. They go into prevent and let them come back and have to hang on by a finger - Dez Bryant's finger on the back of the end zone out of bounds line. It's a copy cat league. Probably for every prevent that doesn't work, so many more have so coaches feel that validates the strategy. That is all I can come up with as to why so many coaches do it.

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:07 pm

Countertrey wrote:Yup. it's part of the whole package, and sets up other things... and every once in a while, he's going to pop through the line and end up with a one on one matchup against a CB... who wins that one?

I agree and will add a little more:

One of the things that Doc Walker said on ESPN980 today that Kyle said that they use the pitch out early in the game to get the defenders chasing the Skins from sideline to sideline. This tires out the defense and does set up other things.

Also, in Shanny's book, Think Like a Champion, he says one of the goals of the first 15 plays is find out how the defense will react to certain movements by the offense.

When I look back to the Pittsburgh game, the play only worked two times out of the number times they ran it, but the receivers were wide open when when they began to fake the pitch (they just didn't catch the ball).

So, I now get the use of the option pitch to a back who is does not have good outside speed. I stand informed and corrected.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:15 pm

Countertrey wrote:Yup. it's part of the whole package, and sets up other things ... and every once in a while, he's going to pop through the line and end up with a one on one matchup against a CB... who wins that one?

I hear you trey - I'd just like to see that particular play designed a little better - it is almost ALWAYS stopped for no gain or a loss

I am very much aware that the offense runs plays to set up other plays or to see what the defense will do but this particular play does not look like it's very good for anything

I'll have to give them kudos though - we have a rookie QB and rookie RB and a not great O line and we're at the top of the rushing stats

I'll give them that but I'd still like a better OC :wink:
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:59 pm

It's all about keeping the defense honest. Fakes don't work if they aren't real sometimes.
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:49 pm

mastdark81 wrote:Oline - First game I ever seen Ware not have a sack. I know a few others got in free a few times but with the rotation of Ware everywhere along the line I thought they did pretty good.

Will Montgomery explains the strategy on holding Ware to no sacks:

Limited straight dropbacks
Play action
Moving the pocket
TE in motion and cut blocking him

This part of the interview starts at 1:33 into the interview. Link is below or go to ESPN980 Audio Vaults.

http://www.stationcaster.com/player_ski ... 5&f=841531

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football