Time for this Shanahan experiment to be ended.

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1646
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:44 am
Location: Houston, TX

Postby markshark84 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:39 am

SkinsJock wrote:
1niksder wrote:Any way you look at it 'the Danny" still is only one step away from the HC. Bruce needs to be the Prez of Football Ops, and he needs to hire a GM. That would put two people in between "the Danny" and HC


THAT is a concern to me ...

I know that Mike is most likely here next season and so things are not likely to change at the top ...

give me Bruce Allen as President of Football Operations and Bill Polian as GM

- then I'd like to see Mike out as HC and for him to take Kyle with him ...


If BA was given the title of "President of Football Operations" and named Bill Polian as GM --- wouldn't that go against MS's contract. Doesn't it stipulate in MS' contract that he has input on all "football decisions".

So if that were to happen, MS would be out of here that day ---- so you wouldn't be a "then". It would all happen concurrently.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1943
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:36 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Postby emoses14 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:40 am

markshark84 wrote:
1niksder wrote:Any way you look at it 'the Danny" still is only one step away from the HC. Bruce needs to be the Prez of Football Ops, and he needs to hire a GM. That would put two people in between "the Danny" and HC


I would like that. Anything to get Danny further away from making football related decisions.

That said -- never gonna happen. Danny, being as narcastic as they come, couldn't do that to himself.


Do we have any actual evidence that he has had anything to do with football operations in the last 3 years to counter the evidence we have that he has not? w/r/t to that evidence, I've not seen him at a signing, heard about him in a negotiation or heard his name in the paper, period. In fact the only time i remember him doing anything in the last 3 years was going to meet RGIII at baylor. And that doesn't seem overly odd for your franchise QB.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog
Posts: 523
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:25 pm
Location: Clarksburg

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:46 pm

emoses14 wrote:
markshark84 wrote:
1niksder wrote:Any way you look at it 'the Danny" still is only one step away from the HC. Bruce needs to be the Prez of Football Ops, and he needs to hire a GM. That would put two people in between "the Danny" and HC


I would like that. Anything to get Danny further away from making football related decisions.

That said -- never gonna happen. Danny, being as narcastic as they come, couldn't do that to himself.


Do we have any actual evidence that he has had anything to do with football operations in the last 3 years to counter the evidence we have that he has not? w/r/t to that evidence, I've not seen him at a signing, heard about him in a negotiation or heard his name in the paper, period. In fact the only time i remember him doing anything in the last 3 years was going to meet RGIII at baylor. And that doesn't seem overly odd for your franchise QB.


Do we actually need any evidence. I think for the most part whether BA is MS boss or not, the arrogance of MS no way Bill Polian is brought in. The way Snyder is stuck on past I am shocked that Charlie Casserly hasn't been brought back as some type of consultant.......SMDH!!!

08 Champ
Posts: 13126
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:08 pm

I have seen nothing to indicate Snyder is involved with the managing of this franchise since Mike & Bruce took over

I have seen nothing to indicate that Mike Shanahan is NOT in charge of the FO


Due to the acquisition/trade that resulted in RG3 coming here - I think Mike is here for 1 more season at least ... unless there is a bad letdown here the next 6 games

Snyder will leave things the way they are ... for now




I'd love to have Bruce and Bill in charge of the FO here with a new HC but I doubt that happens
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.”

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1646
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:44 am
Location: Houston, TX

Postby markshark84 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:22 pm

emoses14 wrote:
markshark84 wrote:
1niksder wrote:Any way you look at it 'the Danny" still is only one step away from the HC. Bruce needs to be the Prez of Football Ops, and he needs to hire a GM. That would put two people in between "the Danny" and HC


I would like that. Anything to get Danny further away from making football related decisions.

That said -- never gonna happen. Danny, being as narcastic as they come, couldn't do that to himself.


Do we have any actual evidence that he has had anything to do with football operations in the last 3 years to counter the evidence we have that he has not? w/r/t to that evidence, I've not seen him at a signing, heard about him in a negotiation or heard his name in the paper, period. In fact the only time i remember him doing anything in the last 3 years was going to meet RGIII at baylor. And that doesn't seem overly odd for your franchise QB.


"Where is the evidence" is a defense most commonly used by guilty criminals........
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1943
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:36 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Postby emoses14 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:44 pm

markshark84 wrote:
emoses14 wrote:
markshark84 wrote:
1niksder wrote:Any way you look at it 'the Danny" still is only one step away from the HC. Bruce needs to be the Prez of Football Ops, and he needs to hire a GM. That would put two people in between "the Danny" and HC


I would like that. Anything to get Danny further away from making football related decisions.

That said -- never gonna happen. Danny, being as narcastic as they come, couldn't do that to himself.


Do we have any actual evidence that he has had anything to do with football operations in the last 3 years to counter the evidence we have that he has not? w/r/t to that evidence, I've not seen him at a signing, heard about him in a negotiation or heard his name in the paper, period. In fact the only time i remember him doing anything in the last 3 years was going to meet RGIII at baylor. And that doesn't seem overly odd for your franchise QB.


"Where is the evidence" is a defense most commonly used by guilty criminals........


Um. . . "where is the evidence?" is the kind of THE question upon which punishment, rehabilitation, liability (for the most part) and obligation is founded in the law. Without evidence, well we're kind of just makin ish up as we go along, right? Its the starting point for a prosecution, a defense, and the trier of fact.

Put another way; if we don't have to come up with evidence to support the words coming out of our mouths and the positions we take aren't we really talking out of our :moon: ?
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1646
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:44 am
Location: Houston, TX

Postby markshark84 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:54 pm

emoses14 wrote:
markshark84 wrote:
emoses14 wrote:
markshark84 wrote:
1niksder wrote:Any way you look at it 'the Danny" still is only one step away from the HC. Bruce needs to be the Prez of Football Ops, and he needs to hire a GM. That would put two people in between "the Danny" and HC


I would like that. Anything to get Danny further away from making football related decisions.

That said -- never gonna happen. Danny, being as narcastic as they come, couldn't do that to himself.


Do we have any actual evidence that he has had anything to do with football operations in the last 3 years to counter the evidence we have that he has not? w/r/t to that evidence, I've not seen him at a signing, heard about him in a negotiation or heard his name in the paper, period. In fact the only time i remember him doing anything in the last 3 years was going to meet RGIII at baylor. And that doesn't seem overly odd for your franchise QB.


"Where is the evidence" is a defense most commonly used by guilty criminals........


Um. . . "where is the evidence?" is the kind of THE question upon which punishment, rehabilitation, liability (for the most part) and obligation is founded in the law. Without evidence, well we're kind of just makin ish up as we go along, right? Its the starting point for a prosecution, a defense, and the trier of fact.

Put another way; if we don't have to come up with evidence to support the words coming out of our mouths and the positions we take aren't we really talking out of our :moon: ?


Not sure you really caught what I was saying...... and I'm not going to get in an arguement over the evidentiary process in legal prosecutions --- since this is a REDSKINS forum.....

But "put another way", in my experience -- "where's the evidence" is typically used by guilty criminals that have disposed of it........ :lol:
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

DarthMonk
Posts: 4275
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:04 pm

markshark84 wrote:
emoses14 wrote:
markshark84 wrote:
1niksder wrote:Any way you look at it 'the Danny" still is only one step away from the HC. Bruce needs to be the Prez of Football Ops, and he needs to hire a GM. That would put two people in between "the Danny" and HC


I would like that. Anything to get Danny further away from making football related decisions.

That said -- never gonna happen. Danny, being as narcastic as they come, couldn't do that to himself.


Do we have any actual evidence that he has had anything to do with football operations in the last 3 years to counter the evidence we have that he has not? w/r/t to that evidence, I've not seen him at a signing, heard about him in a negotiation or heard his name in the paper, period. In fact the only time i remember him doing anything in the last 3 years was going to meet RGIII at baylor. And that doesn't seem overly odd for your franchise QB.


"Where is the evidence" is a defense most commonly used by guilty criminals........


It also comes in handy when you're innocent:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt05JcJ8Woo

Monkey
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

FanFromAnnapolis
Posts: 11016
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:01 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:20 pm

markshark84 wrote:
emoses14 wrote:Do we have any actual evidence that he has had anything to do with football operations in the last 3 years to counter the evidence we have that he has not? w/r/t to that evidence, I've not seen him at a signing, heard about him in a negotiation or heard his name in the paper, period. In fact the only time i remember him doing anything in the last 3 years was going to meet RGIII at baylor. And that doesn't seem overly odd for your franchise QB.


"Where is the evidence" is a defense most commonly used by guilty criminals........


Guilt by association is an attack most commonly used by prosecutors without a case — but more importantly, it's fallacious. My 2 cents
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1943
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:36 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Postby emoses14 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:41 pm

markshark84 wrote:
emoses14 wrote:
markshark84 wrote:
emoses14 wrote:
markshark84 wrote:
1niksder wrote:Any way you look at it 'the Danny" still is only one step away from the HC. Bruce needs to be the Prez of Football Ops, and he needs to hire a GM. That would put two people in between "the Danny" and HC


I would like that. Anything to get Danny further away from making football related decisions.

That said -- never gonna happen. Danny, being as narcastic as they come, couldn't do that to himself.


Do we have any actual evidence that he has had anything to do with football operations in the last 3 years to counter the evidence we have that he has not? w/r/t to that evidence, I've not seen him at a signing, heard about him in a negotiation or heard his name in the paper, period. In fact the only time i remember him doing anything in the last 3 years was going to meet RGIII at baylor. And that doesn't seem overly odd for your franchise QB.


"Where is the evidence" is a defense most commonly used by guilty criminals........


Um. . . "where is the evidence?" is the kind of THE question upon which punishment, rehabilitation, liability (for the most part) and obligation is founded in the law. Without evidence, well we're kind of just makin ish up as we go along, right? Its the starting point for a prosecution, a defense, and the trier of fact.

Put another way; if we don't have to come up with evidence to support the words coming out of our mouths and the positions we take aren't we really talking out of our :moon: ?


Not sure you really caught what I was saying...... and I'm not going to get in an arguement over the evidentiary process in legal prosecutions --- since this is a REDSKINS forum.....

But "put another way", in my experience -- "where's the evidence" is typically used by guilty criminals that have disposed of it........ :lol:


Oh. No, I didn't catch that. Not enough sleep. Fair enough. Nothing to see here, move along.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog
Posts: 523
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:25 pm
Location: Clarksburg

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:25 am

We all can speculate and discuss what we all feel we have seen and read regarding the front office or lack thereof depending on your point of view. However until we are a fly on the wall for a few days we all really don't know. We can only hope that Snyder finally get's it right.....

08 Champ
Posts: 13126
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:57 am

there is proof that Snyder has not been involved with things to do with on the field activities

this franchise has a good QB (actually 2) & This franchise is getting better - If Snyder WERE involved that would not have happened :wink:
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.”

piggie
User avatar
Posts: 130
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:33 am

Postby Bishop Hammer » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:54 am

emoses14 wrote:
markshark84 wrote:
emoses14 wrote:
markshark84 wrote:
emoses14 wrote:
markshark84 wrote:
1niksder wrote:Any way you look at it 'the Danny" still is only one step away from the HC. Bruce needs to be the Prez of Football Ops, and he needs to hire a GM. That would put two people in between "the Danny" and HC


I would like that. Anything to get Danny further away from making football related decisions.

That said -- never gonna happen. Danny, being as narcastic as they come, couldn't do that to himself.


Do we have any actual evidence that he has had anything to do with football operations in the last 3 years to counter the evidence we have that he has not? w/r/t to that evidence, I've not seen him at a signing, heard about him in a negotiation or heard his name in the paper, period. In fact the only time i remember him doing anything in the last 3 years was going to meet RGIII at baylor. And that doesn't seem overly odd for your franchise QB.


"Where is the evidence" is a defense most commonly used by guilty criminals........


Um. . . "where is the evidence?" is the kind of THE question upon which punishment, rehabilitation, liability (for the most part) and obligation is founded in the law. Without evidence, well we're kind of just makin ish up as we go along, right? Its the starting point for a prosecution, a defense, and the trier of fact.

Put another way; if we don't have to come up with evidence to support the words coming out of our mouths and the positions we take aren't we really talking out of our :moon: ?


Not sure you really caught what I was saying...... and I'm not going to get in an arguement over the evidentiary process in legal prosecutions --- since this is a REDSKINS forum.....

But "put another way", in my experience -- "where's the evidence" is typically used by guilty criminals that have disposed of it........ :lol:


Oh. No, I didn't catch that. Not enough sleep. Fair enough. Nothing to see here, move along.


I have to agree. I've been one of the biggest Snyder bashers since he fired Marty. But I've seen no reason to think he's still been involved in the football operations.

Dans been doing what most of us fans have wanted: staying out of the way and letting people who know what they're doing do their jobs. Since he's been doing that I've let the past stay in past. He's made some mistakes but, as of right now, he's trying to atone for them and get the team back on track.
I don't have to sell my soul,
He's already in me,
I don't need to sell my soul,
He's already in me.
I wanna be adored
I wanna be adored.

Stone Roses
I wanna be adored

piggie
User avatar
Posts: 130
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:33 am

Postby Bishop Hammer » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:54 am

emoses14 wrote:
markshark84 wrote:
emoses14 wrote:
markshark84 wrote:
emoses14 wrote:
markshark84 wrote:
1niksder wrote:Any way you look at it 'the Danny" still is only one step away from the HC. Bruce needs to be the Prez of Football Ops, and he needs to hire a GM. That would put two people in between "the Danny" and HC


I would like that. Anything to get Danny further away from making football related decisions.

That said -- never gonna happen. Danny, being as narcastic as they come, couldn't do that to himself.


Do we have any actual evidence that he has had anything to do with football operations in the last 3 years to counter the evidence we have that he has not? w/r/t to that evidence, I've not seen him at a signing, heard about him in a negotiation or heard his name in the paper, period. In fact the only time i remember him doing anything in the last 3 years was going to meet RGIII at baylor. And that doesn't seem overly odd for your franchise QB.


"Where is the evidence" is a defense most commonly used by guilty criminals........


Um. . . "where is the evidence?" is the kind of THE question upon which punishment, rehabilitation, liability (for the most part) and obligation is founded in the law. Without evidence, well we're kind of just makin ish up as we go along, right? Its the starting point for a prosecution, a defense, and the trier of fact.

Put another way; if we don't have to come up with evidence to support the words coming out of our mouths and the positions we take aren't we really talking out of our :moon: ?


Not sure you really caught what I was saying...... and I'm not going to get in an arguement over the evidentiary process in legal prosecutions --- since this is a REDSKINS forum.....

But "put another way", in my experience -- "where's the evidence" is typically used by guilty criminals that have disposed of it........ :lol:


Oh. No, I didn't catch that. Not enough sleep. Fair enough. Nothing to see here, move along.


I have to agree. I've been one of the biggest Snyder bashers since he fired Marty. But I've seen no reason to think he's still been involved in the football operations.

Dans been doing what most of us fans have wanted: staying out of the way and letting people who know what they're doing do their jobs. Since he's been doing that I've let the past stay in past. He's made some mistakes but, as of right now, he's trying to atone for them and get the team back on track.
I don't have to sell my soul,
He's already in me,
I don't need to sell my soul,
He's already in me.
I wanna be adored
I wanna be adored.

Stone Roses
I wanna be adored

08 Champ
Posts: 13126
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:03 am

Snyder SUCKS - The Redskins are doing fine BECAUSE he's NOT involved ... that's a GOOD thing ... :D
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.”

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football